05-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sanctus has a spectacular aura aboutSanctus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Syora
Default Chain letters. D8

So, these things are annoying me.
Like those stupid imaature kids who post on alot of music videos,
"You say Hannah Montana, I say AC/DC.
You say Jonas Brothers, I say 30 Seconds to Mars." Ect ect ect.
It aggrivating how they just HAVE to pst that on every music video they dont like.
Why watse the time posting that when you could watch a video YOU like.
Also theres one,
"If the Jonas Brothers were going to jump of a building 98% of teens would scream and cry.
Post this to (Insert numerical value here) videos if you would grab popcorn and say, "JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!."
/End rant.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

This is an old topic, but I might as well add to it. These chain letters are dumb. Bill Gates will not send a free computer to a starving Somalian kid for every letter you send out. One cup of rice will not be sent to that same Somalian kid for every letter either. In fact, that Somalian kid was probably dead by the time you got the chain letter. And by dead, I don't mean recently dead. I mean dead, as in one week after the chain letter was written. In 1998. And you know that kid suffering from cancer who will have his life extended one day for each letter in the chain? He's either dead or has gotten enough chemo to light up a Christmas tree. In either case, your letter did jack squat.

Here's something the worthless chain letters did do: make over one million people wish for someone they liked and never had it happen, wish for money they never got, and send ten million chain letters to irate people who tore it up and threw it away. This tells me that roughly 9.1% of the population are complete idiots, which makes me wonder why more politicians don't appeal more to dumb people instead of Hispanics during an election. Or maybe they already do, because they are part of the demographic. To the poor, pathetic 9.1% of you who still believe sending around chain letters does you any good, remember this: the little kid is dead, cancer wins, people don't fall in love with you after you forward the letter, neither will money drop from the sky, a cup of food will not be sent anywhere, no free laptops will be given after 1,000 sends, God, Buddha, Rama, or Super Mega Death Christ 2000 will not bless you, and absolutely nothing bad will happen to you if you don't send the chain mail. You already had something bad happen to you: you got that stupid chain mail and lost 1 minute of your life you will never get back. Go cry about it, or tell ten of your friends.

05-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
In fact, that Somalian kid was probably dead by the time you got the chain letter. And by dead, I don't mean recently dead. I mean dead, as in one week after the chain letter was written.
Which is why I don't support awareness mail shit.

05-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
This is an old topic, but I might as well add to it. These chain letters are dumb. Bill Gates will not send a free computer to a starving Somalian kid for every letter you send out. One cup of rice will not be sent to that same Somalian kid for every letter either. In fact, that Somalian kid was probably dead by the time you got the chain letter. And by dead, I don't mean recently dead. I mean dead, as in one week after the chain letter was written. In 1998. And you know that kid suffering from cancer who will have his life extended one day for each letter in the chain? He's either dead or has gotten enough chemo to light up a Christmas tree. In either case, your letter did jack squat.

Here's something the worthless chain letters did do: make over one million people wish for someone they liked and never had it happen, wish for money they never got, and send ten million chain letters to irate people who tore it up and threw it away. This tells me that roughly 9.1% of the population are complete idiots, which makes me wonder why more politicians don't appeal more to dumb people instead of Hispanics during an election. Or maybe they already do, because they are part of the demographic. To the poor, pathetic 9.1% of you who still believe sending around chain letters does you any good, remember this: the little kid is dead, cancer wins, people don't fall in love with you after you forward the letter, neither will money drop from the sky, a cup of food will not be sent anywhere, no free laptops will be given after 1,000 sends, God, Buddha, Rama, or Super Mega Death Christ 2000 will not bless you, and absolutely nothing bad will happen to you if you don't send the chain mail. You already had something bad happen to you: you got that stupid chain mail and lost 1 minute of your life you will never get back. Go cry about it, or tell ten of your friends.
M... my... my life is a lie...

In all seriousness, though, I haven't gotten any in years.

What I feel like doing to one though is to modify the contents and then re-forward them.

05-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

You must not read Youtube comments then, they're FULL of chain letters.

05-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

^- And full of ringtone advertisements... I haven't run into any real comments yet lol

05-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

LOL hey... this reminds me of a nice fun thing I did a while back.

In a pile of junk mail one day I got a whole bunch of ads from some company for books on 'how to make more money'. In the same pile of junk mail, some letters from the local church asking for donations.

So, i eliminated the middleman; I sent away for the book in the name of the church and mailed them off.

Some weeks later i hear from a neighbor that the church and a publishing agency are going to court over books they never ordered... Lets say that at that moment i felt like i'd won at life.

They never DID find out who the heck did it either

05-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
LOL hey... this reminds me of a nice fun thing I did a while back.

In a pile of junk mail one day I got a whole bunch of ads from some company for books on 'how to make more money'. In the same pile of junk mail, some letters from the local church asking for donations.

So, i eliminated the middleman; I sent away for the book in the name of the church and mailed them off.

Some weeks later i hear from a neighbor that the church and a publishing agency are going to court over books they never ordered... Lets say that at that moment i felt like i'd won at life.

They never DID find out who the heck did it either
Woah, how the heck couldn't they find out? Can't they trace who forwarded the mail??

05-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

PROTIP:
1. Write receiver and return address backwards.
2. Do not put any stamps on.
3. Go to the center of the town/city and send out the mail.
5. profit!

It only works for local mails though :v

05-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
tangerine god
Games
Trickster OnlineHeroes of NewerthLeague of Legends

slushies is a jewel in the roughslushies is a jewel in the roughslushies is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to slushies Send a message via MSN to slushies

Chain mails huh? I find the death threatening ones very amusing. :>

I... Forget rEaLiTy, eScApE into your very own wOrLd

05-25-2009   #11 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drarin
Woah, how the heck couldn't they find out? Can't they trace who forwarded the mail??
What MrClastro said.

Mail is literally untracable if you don't put any form of forwarding details going back to you, and dump it off in a public postbox in the middle of the city.