Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore
Default i just want my dang DS

ok i know that some people will reply that i'm being a brat and i feel extremely guilty for my feelings. but envertheless my feelings are there.

oresama is irate! not mad. not angry. irate.

ok sometime january i thought i lost my DS at my friend's party and looked for it everywhere and -almost- accused my friend's roomate of stealing it. and then i found out my mom was the one who tok it and hid it. i was upset when i found out she hid it cos i had a game i rented from gamestop in it and i ended up having to pay for it. ok eventually i got it back after a month is was gone. my dad showed me the hiding place.

ok some time later. about a month after i got my DS back pokemon platinum came out so i started playing it and my mom stole my DS again. i searched the house and found it and vowed to never leave my DS unattended again.

OK so i have it a few days and wake up late for school one day and leave without my DS. I specifically remember it being on my bed when i left. i haven't seen it since. and this was march.

it's now may 19 and i'm pissed. so very pissed.

first of all i'm 21 years old. I BOUGHT the DS with my own money. If that isn't reason enough for you to leave my shit alone i dunno what is. so WHAT if you think I play MY DS that I bought TOO FREAKING MUCH.

and yes you can say i'm an ungrateful prick because she lets me stay in the house while i go to shcool etc.

ok. i can see that. but 1 i am a full time student and I work two jobs and I help with bills.

at the time she took my DS she said it's cos i dno't help around the house and that my room is dirty etc.

first of all i leave the house at 7am and come home at 10pm and NEVER ate a bit of food and have to clean up the entire kitchen. i hardly think that's fair but I still do it. i rarely eat in my house.

2nd my room was dirt y i admit. i was really stressed with school and finals and work that i couldn't focus on anything. my mom said if my room was clean i'll get my DS back. ok i believed her and waited untill i finished finals and then cleaned my room.

no DS. I asked her about it and she got mad at me!

"Don't worry about your game! worry about your room!"

I CLEANED MY ROOM! AND I BOGUHT THAT GAME!

and it's not like i'm a freeloading BUM!

-My mom doesn't cook for me. i cook for myself and buy my own groceries.
-I pay my own bills and help with theirs
-I don't complain

and they won't let me buy a 360. that's why i got the damn DS in the first place.

and now i'm mad.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Buy a 360 if you want. Its your money. Alternatively buy a lock for your door that requires a key.

05-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

if i do that i'm just proving to them that i'm a bad kid. they already think i'm the spawn of satan

05-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Tell them if your stuff is not left alone and returned to you that you will stop helping them with their bills then. If they are going to take your stuff, take something from them.

05-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Build up a cash float and then plan to move out when you have enough money. If you have stable jobs, you could get a nice big TV and finance it for $100 a month. That way, when your parents visit your new place, you can really rub it in. Don't forget the game console either 8D

05-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
Build up a cash float and then plan to move out when you have enough money. If you have stable jobs, you could get a nice big TV and finance it for $100 a month. That way, when your parents visit your new place, you can really rub it in. Don't forget the game console either 8D
Yeah, I mean, after reading all your rants, this is just ridiculous. This isn't just being overprotective and crap, it's something on a completely new level. For gods sakes, you're an adult, just like them. It's not like you sat on your ass and did nothing up til now, if you did, I don't think you'd have any money or anything.

05-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

Maybe she's exercising the last bit of parental control she'll ever have over you... so you can either move out and cut the cord with RESOUNDING FINALITY or let her enjoy her last moments of "motherhood." I can't imagine you being a spawn of Satan. In fact, I feel like most mothers would be happy to have a responsible offspring like you around. *Looks at his brother >_>*

If all else fails I'll mail you my DS \o/. It's been decorated with a Princess Peach kit. 8D

05-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Move out and room with friends. Now is a great time for that, with the housing bust and all. Just shop around, I guess.

05-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
Classic.
Games
Trickster Online

TheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the roughTheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the roughTheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to TheRhymenoceros
Class: Professional badass
Level: 27

Next time she takes it, call the police, and tell them she has stolen it from you.(or at least pretend to call the police about it in front of her)

05-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

lol you guys are ruthless.

anyway i didn't plan to move out until after i graduated. but maybe if i find some ppl to room with i'd move out earlier

05-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

try not to pay their bills and says it's your money :x

05-19-2009   #12 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

i think that sort of course would make me look like an ungrateful brat. i don't want to do anything that would spite them or make them angry. i want to do something that would make them proud and happy that i'm there.

so i guess cleaning my room again is what i'll do

05-19-2009   #13 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
i think that sort of course would make me look like an ungrateful brat. i don't want to do anything that would spite them or make them angry. i want to do something that would make them proud and happy that i'm there.

so i guess cleaning my room again is what i'll do
Have you ever been able to make them proud before? I've never heard of them ever being proud of you from you D=... If they think you're the spawn of Satan, I say GOOD LUCK to you.

Yes. Clean THEIR room. You might find your DS while yer at it...XD....

05-19-2009   #14 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, my mom has done that once or twice too. And guess what, for the same reason. Fortunately, my mom works almost full-time (6 AM is when she leaves, gets back at about 7 PM), so she can never sneak into my room to steal it, most of the time. There has (the above cases) been times where she has been able to get into my room and take it because "my room is too messy". Lols, in the basement, and I can find what I need.

Anyhow, have you tried confronting your mother about the situation and stuff? And not just like "HEY MOM, give my DS back!!". More like "Hey Mom, I noticed lately blah blah". Make it a little more, formal. =0 Or something.

05-19-2009   #15 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

actually i did talk to my mom today. i wanted specifically to get the game out of my DS so i could trade it in for the trade 3 game in and get 10 dollar extra trade in credit promotion they were having today. so i explained to my mom why i wanted the game out of it. when i left to go run some errands and came back the particular game i needed was on the back of the couch so i took it and traded it in and bought the new YGO game that just came out. i'm gonna clean my room some more and hope for the best cos now i really wanna play my new game haha

and as for making my parents proud. they explain it to me like this: the things that i do like get good grades, help around the house etc are all things that are expected of me. i shouldn't be praised for the things that i should be naturally doing regardless

05-19-2009   #16 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Time to stop helping with their bills till they have a clue then. That and the matter of theft, doesn't matter how you look at it. Start removing batteries from remotes lying around that your parents use etc.

Last edited by Metty; 05-19-2009 at 07:17 PM.

05-19-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
actually i did talk to my mom today. i wanted specifically to get the game out of my DS so i could trade it in for the trade 3 game in and get 10 dollar extra trade in credit promotion they were having today. so i explained to my mom why i wanted the game out of it. when i left to go run some errands and came back the particular game i needed was on the back of the couch so i took it and traded it in and bought the new YGO game that just came out. i'm gonna clean my room some more and hope for the best cos now i really wanna play my new game haha

and as for making my parents proud. they explain it to me like this: the things that i do like get good grades, help around the house etc are all things that are expected of me. i shouldn't be praised for the things that i should be naturally doing regardless
Become a CPA. Do taxes. heh heh...

Though I'm sure they'll miss you, inwardly, when you move out. That's how my parents are like.

05-19-2009   #18 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

lol oh i know they'll miss me. my brother was a delinquent and ran the streets etc etc. when he left to join the military my mom was really realy sad. but i know she's happy he cleaned up his act

05-19-2009   #19 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but maybe if i find some ppl to room with i'd move out earlier
Living with friends is the quickest way to lose friends. They use your stuff, they get viruses on your computer unless you leave it around locked, they eat your food, they eyehump your girlfriend, they smell, and they sometimes bring back hookers that steal stuff from the living room. Don't. Just don't. Living with parents, even the worst parents in the world, is better by comparison.

05-19-2009   #20 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
Living with friends is the quickest way to lose friends. They use your stuff, they get viruses on your computer unless you leave it around locked, they eat your food, they eyehump your girlfriend, they smell, and they sometimes bring back hookers that steal stuff from the living room. Don't. Just don't. Living with parents, even the worst parents in the world, is better by comparison.
I kinda agree with the caveat about living with your friends, but what the hell kind of friends do you roll with? lol

I lived with my close friends all last year, and the only iffy spot was when people wanted to screw. Oh and hair on the toilet. Grosss