Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works
Default Arturia's Rants: LaFail

A bit of knowledge is required for LaTale from here...
~*~
Well, it has been a while since I actually ranted here. Or is this my first time here? XD;;; Oh well. Anyways, this rant is about one of the many MMO games that I am playing. LaTale. Apparently I have been... well, more depressed with it than liking it. I actually should have left a long time ago, until Ken and Kuki dragged me back. =~=;

I think only a few knew why did I leave, and that was because of, lag, which is still a major problem to some. There are a few ladders which you need to walk/run climb to reach a certain place, which is quite an issue. (Well, it got worse thanks to my mother's torrenting for Korean movies LOL. Apparently today a certain someone *name disclosed LOLOLOL... Then again I don't know if he actually checks the Rants forum* decided to show off he can walk climb today. XD)

The second thing is pretty much how the game runs with. Astros, also known as the OGP Game currency. 90% of the community couldn't survive without them, and I hardly see any Level 80s (Level 80s are known as the "second jobs" of LaTale.) who doesn't use at least ONE Astro item with them. I only got a few astros from a certain event, which is a little poll which rewards you with... what, 15 Astros? (You can hardly buy anything with that money LOL) But in short, it seems that those people with Astros get the upper hand of almost everything. From money to battles to fashion. =~=

Thirdly, is the one major thing which made me leave in the first place. The community. I will keep how the community is like in one simple statement. "If there is an advantage, do whatever it takes to seize it.". Don't understand what I am talking about? Let me give one example, which is currently going on currently. The cannon festival. For those who didn't know, "The Cannon Festival" is an event in the main town which there are small flying monsters which you can shoot with the cannons placed around town. If you hit the monster, those around the cannon will receive EXP, including the shooter, of course. I ranted about this once, Nii. You can check it here. You can also go to a current discussion going on here. I will be honest. I allow you to hate me, but apparently I don't like some of the comments, if not, 1/4 of the comments there. I won't tell who is it, nor will I give any clues, Nii. XD; More about the cannon festival, today while I was browsing channels of the server, I noticed that the shooters were almost extinct! .-.; 99% of the people in the main town are just sitting their butts off in the leech spot! ._.;

Like I mentioned in my rant, I don't really mind much about the lazy leveling, but it really does fit the statement which I mentioned above quite well. I know people who has been sitting there ever since day 1 and the only thing they complained are the shooters. I did told them to shoot but the only reason they can give me is "lag omg lol" or any other reason. I was also quite a bit angry yesterday as well, from the same event. =_= My friend was shooting cannons yesterday, and she was really good in it. We and Ken were talking together, until suddenly more and more people came and surrounded her, and started spamming skills. =.=; She did told them to stop, but they won't listen. Ken had to shout at them for a while before they calmed down, and then they started spamming the chat like "lol p3n!s" and things like that. That and they started treating my shooter friend like she's a shop for shooting the monsters since she was quite good. It almost felt like to me she was being used by them. Like a flock of birds gathering over a swan. Once that the swan's beauty has died off, the flock of brids will leave, just like how most people are. Lol, the fact how some people bosting that they are 'strong' and 'hardworking' while the only thing they did was sit down during the cannon event amuses me. Personally, I am glad that the cannon festival is coming into an end.

Another example of such a statement in LaTale is the X2 EXP 'events' of LaTale. It could be also known as "The KS Fest". I only managed to enjoy the event only for a little while, when I just got KSed. I tried to tell them to stop but noooo. =_=; Only thing they know how to spam is "CC" and stuff that they want you to go away... Or they'll just be quiet and ignore you. It wasn't just me who fell for it, but it was other people as well. There is not just that, but also scamming (Lol LaTale has the biggest scamming I have ever seen) as well as threatening lol. There are also people who make you look like fools when you try to explain things to them seriously. =l

Then again lots of the people in LaTale are PVP jerks. Which game doesn't have them? 8D... LaTale has the worst I known though. ._.

Now besides the community, I also complain about OGP. Sorry, OGP, but I had to rant about it as well. As I mentioned above, I already have issues about lag and astros, but there are more, which is their quality of service. Really, If you look around the LaTale forums of both OGPlanet (Well I doubt you'll find them. OGPlanet staff loves to hide posts alot.) and MMO, you can find full of those. Their Help desk isn't really helpful, although they DO help sometimes, although seldomly... but the major thing which ticked me off is that they were doing nothing while a few bugs were running around. The most common bug is the crafting glitch, which was around for what, 5 months ago? You can use that glitch to "fly", and those who are found using the glitch are banned. So why couldn't OGP just fix it instead of letting other people use it? And apparently I heard from my friend that they do NOTHING to people who insult others like racism and such. My friend sent a mail to them and saying they will take care of it, only to find that they are still around a few days later. I may sound demanding to them, but really, alot of people are paying Astros to them, and hopefully they will use that money to improve their game instead of updating with more Cash shop items. (Like a new server! Or more channels! X_X)

Now I know you all will say "Well, you can't blame it. That's how life works.". But really, this is a GAME. A GAME should be you enjoying yourself as well, and a stable community makes it all the better. In life, you have no choice but to deal with it, but in a game, if you don't like it, I don't see why not you could just leave if you wanted. And I am currently having that thought. But if I leave, I would betray the trust of my friends who wanted me back really badly, as well as my other LaTale friends. =l My old guild (AKA Quixotic. There's a long story behind it on what happened. I won't talk about it however.) is pretty much dead, and I'm trying to fit into my new guild LOL. *Don't know if she's making any progress. She only knows like... what, two people?*

*sigh* That concludes my LaTale rant. Thanks for reading.

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleEden EternalDragon Nest

Lenono is on a distinguished road
IGN: ViradoPaulista
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 17x
Guild: Infiniti

I agree with you I dotn mind the people leeching at cannons (i did it too) but when i was shotting today i missed first cannon due to lag and the people siting that were not afk started insulting me "OMG NOOB CAN SHOT SHET" that really made me mad then i went and sit close to one of them and said "do it yourself now· he started to spam my whisp list with "F you F you" so yeah stupid people are stupid.

also i dont like the fact that the lvl 60 who went to 80 by siting their ass off are pretending to be "O SHI IM SO PRO U SUCK" when i hited lvl 80 when cannon didnt even exist, i helped newbies and treat people with respect now i think things are changing.

05-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

Mei i check the rant forums too. And i agree with you non theless lmao.

05-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenono
I agree with you I dotn mind the people leeching at cannons (i did it too) but when i was shotting today i missed first cannon due to lag and the people siting that were not afk started insulting me "OMG NOOB CAN SHOT SHET" that really made me mad then i went and sit close to one of them and said "do it yourself now· he started to spam my whisp list with "F you F you" so yeah stupid people are stupid.

also i dont like the fact that the lvl 60 who went to 80 by siting their ass off are pretending to be "O SHI IM SO PRO U SUCK" when i hited lvl 80 when cannon didnt even exist, i helped newbies and treat people with respect now i think things are changing.
Oh wow, is the EXP gain from that event really that big? If I still played LaTale I would've abused that to death. I know I would leave my character leeching on the cannons overnight.

Yeah, there was some rage on how OGP LaTale had stuff that was Cash Shop the other versions weren't, and how jacked up our prices were. Cash shop was....well, let's say if you had Cash Shop stuff, you'd be in the top 100 for richness. You'd be set for a good while too of equips. I didn't like the balance of the classes or PvP either.

05-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleEden EternalDragon Nest

Lenono is on a distinguished road
IGN: ViradoPaulista
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 17x
Guild: Infiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Oh wow, is the EXP gain from that event really that big? If I still played LaTale I would've abused that to death. I know I would leave my character leeching on the cannons overnight.

Yeah, there was some rage on how OGP LaTale had stuff that was Cash Shop the other versions weren't, and how jacked up our prices were. Cash shop was....well, let's say if you had Cash Shop stuff, you'd be in the top 100 for richness. You'd be set for a good while too of equips. I didn't like the balance of the classes or PvP either.
Is not that Big! but you get something for doing almost nothing so yeah

05-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works

Thanks for your interest. <3

@Lenono: Exactly what the community will say, doesn't it? =_=; 70% of the LaTale community apparently loves to show off something. *sigh*

@Ken: WTFAKJSFHAKJFHSAFJASF YOU ACTUALLY CHECK. OAO; But lol uhh... agree on... what...;

@RoflKnife: True to that. Just buy a few darts, and sell them, and you will make millions already. .-.

@lol: ... Lol D:

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

05-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online

Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane

LaFail was fun.... until the MS influence started coming in :/ now seeing this i'm glad I quit lol

BYUU BYUU!~

05-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByuuGun
LaFail was fun.... until the MS influence started coming in :/ now seeing this i'm glad I quit lol
It was bound to happen eventually. As soon as I saw the cash shop when it first opened, I quit the game then and there. I saw another Ntreev in the making.

05-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturiaPendragon
Thanks for your interest. <3

@Lenono: Exactly what the community will say, doesn't it? =_=; 70% of the LaTale community apparently loves to show off something. *sigh*

@Ken: WTFAKJSFHAKJFHSAFJASF YOU ACTUALLY CHECK. OAO; But lol uhh... agree on... what...;

@RoflKnife: True to that. Just buy a few darts, and sell them, and you will make millions already. .-.

@lol: ... Lol D:
On everything you said Duh. XD