ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Rant Forum

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

8.3

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default It's another Drarin-flavoured Rant! FOO!

Seriously, there are lots of things that irk me, but my lecturer this year has been one of the worst rage-inducing, volcano-causing MIND-GRINDING piece of SHIT lecturers I've EVER had throughout the 3 years that I've been in this course.

To give a short run-down first, I'm taking Games Design and Development. Big mistake; I wholefully regret doing that now. But that's the past. Let me continue on with my rant.

Even BEFORE the year even started this piece of shit, a pathetic excuse for a lecturer already DESTROYED the course submission requirements. What it was originally was, simply put, to develop a well-made and good game. We were able to go into groups of 6 to do a 3D game or 3 to do a 2D game.

There are TWO people in class going for some programme. Not that I mind it or anything, but how the lecturers have been EXTREMELY biased towards the both of them for god knows what reason PISSES ME OFF TO NO END. I know for sure that for one of them it's because of the fact that she's the only girl in class and sucks up to one of the lecturers. No biggie, she admittedly draws well too, although there are artists of the same calibre in class who DO NOT GET ANY ATTENTION BECAUSE THE LECTURERS ARE SO GOD DAMN BIASED. Because of that they had to be sent away for 2 months (one term) to participate in that programme. Obviously they needed the extra manpower and their 'clique' of friends in class had 7 people. So, they called for the lecturer to allow 7 people into their team, but it was CONSTANTLY AND STUBBORNLY TURNED DOWN. Not only did it slow down the process for their team it slowed down the team building process for mine too because we had to take one of them; taking one of the LEFTOVERS is NOT an option. Fine, fine. So don't allow it. They're good enough already with powerful and capable members. At least this got settled in the end, but it's NOTHING compared to what happens next.

Sidetracking slightly, what happened to one of my more unlucky friends is that he somehow got caught up in a 6-man team with 3 losers who do nothing but shit all over themselves all day and play DoTA. Obviously he wanted to call for a group split as time went on, and it happened. Eventually they did, and told that abonHEAD LECTURER that they wanted to have a group split. Guess what happens? He DENIES it, telling them that the SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FINAL YEAR PROJECT HAVE BEEN CHANGED. Not only was the project supposed to begin A WEEK from when he told us this, most of the groups have already had many, MANY in-depth discussions about what they would want to do for the FINAL YEAR Project! Guess what he changed it to?

He wants us to do a 2D CASUAL GAME PROJECT and a SERIOUS 3D GAME PROJECT. That abonING abonHEAD!! TWO Final Year Projects. WHY THE ****!? Oh, it's because of THOSE TWO, of course! Oh, and partly because the previous cohort had a group that the lecturers (ESPECIALLY HIM) were also EXTREMELY biased towards who had some guy in it who decided to do a miniature, 2D Flash version of their 3D Game Project. Now THIS is where it all starts GOING DOWNHILL. The ENTIRE class was in an uproar over this because of how sudden and ridiculously inane it was. Obviously we demanded for an explanation, and guess what we got?

"...Because of the two of your friends going for the programme, I have decided to splits your Final Year Project into Two. The reason for this is because I would rather you guys focus on Bite-Sized Quality Projects rather than Repeatitive Quantity Projects. I also have changed the time table to last from 8 AM to 6 PM to simulate a dynamic, work-based environment. I also want to focus on Broad-based education, so rather than making the games you like, you will try to understand the various roles of being in a group."

Why is it brown? Because it's BULLSHIT of course!! Not only did he phrase it in a way that it PLANTED THE BLAME on the both of them and EXPOSED HIS TRUE INTENTIONS, which were obviously to change the project in a way that would bring an advantage to his oh so favourite group. As if like that was not bad enough, he literally REARRANGED and DESTROYED the original schedule, leaving us with no choice but to RE-SCHEDULE EVERYTHING. Moreover, we've already COVERED ALL OF THESE IN OUR FIRST 2 YEARS!!

Not to mention the amount of politics and biasedness going on BEHIND THE SCENES. Not really long ago, one of my classmates was found surfing pornographic material at his Internship and although it might have been a misunderstanding BOTH THE GUY WHO REPORTED IT AND HIM GOT PUNISHED. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL? Why should the INNOCENT PARTY be punished?

From the events that transpired and from my personal experience with them, they care about their REPUTATION and PRIDE more than anything else. I'll bring up more on these points later on.

Luckily the place that I was having my Intrernship at was willing to let me do my "2D CASUAL GAME" there with one of my friends. Of course, because of the same lecturer, we had tons of choke-ups and problems before we could finally DO any form of idea pitching or presentation. Because of THAT abonHEADED LECTURER. He made the boss of the company miss TWO meetings and rushed to meet HIS timing all for NOTHING because he ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE SOME "URGENT MEETINGS" CROPPING UP EVERY SINGLE abonING TIME WE WANT TO MEET WITH THE COMPANY, CAUSING THEM DELAYS AND MAKING THEM MISS MEETINGS WITH OTHERS FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. Oh, and guess what he tells us?

"Hey guys for the ideas that your gonna pitch to them pleas let us run thru them first before you do. We don't want you to give out any crazy ideas that might tarnish the reputation of our school."

Well EXCUSE ME, abonHEAD!! WHO HAS BEEN THE ONE "TARNISHING" THE REPUTATION ALL THIS TIME?


Now I'll move on to the things he does DURING our Final Year Project. I thought that I've already seen the worst but NO HE WAS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT.

So there are 5 groups in class. 1 of them has the president of the School's Club in it, so he can't say anything in case he pisses him off and does something unimaginable to him. Another one of them is his favourite group, so he would obviously LOVE THEM. Next is the one who has to work with their Internship so he can't touch them while the other 3 groups are mine, another nondescript one and finally, the one with the losers in class that one of my friends unfortunately ended up in.

At first we proposed an Action Adventure RPG game along the lines of Devil May Cry to him. We've been thinking about the idea, developing it throughout our ENTIRE Internship, researching into concepts and having various group meetings and discussons about how we would go about doing it and guess what happens? HE REJECTS IT, CALLING IT DRY, "NO WOW FACTOR", NO UNIQUE SELLING POINT AND THAT IT WAS BORING. It basically was a 3D Version of Super Mario RPG for the SNES, except the battles were Real-time action and Aerial-based like Dissidia. We also had thought hard about a combo system to implement into our game. Okay, that's fine, just throw away all the shit we've done throughout the holiday, just BREEZE through our research and ignore it.

Okay, so we go back into the concepualization stage and think of another idea. After intense discussion, we dediced propose a game that combines element from Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell and Yume Nikki. What happens to THAT one? Tt gets TURNED DOWN TOO, having the same "DRY" and "NO WOW FACTOR" points that he told us about! WOOPIE! And also we get told that we keep trying to make "Games that we like" and that we should "Think out of the box". SURE, LET'S DO WII JANITOR AND WORLD'S BEST MATH TEACHER WII FOR OUR abonING FINAL YEAR PROJECT!!

We ended up doing a game for both casualabons and hardcoreabons. It works alot like Custom Robo and Dissidia, but with elements from Pokemon and Smash Bros. I presented it in a way that it would make it look like an easy peasy game for kids and guess what? He APPROVES IT, saying it's "MUCH BETTER" than our previous 2 projects! WHAT!?

Down the road, I've come to find out that 2 groups were allowed to do Action Adventure RPG Games. Can anyone guess which one of the groups were allowed to do them?

Getting back to my friend who had the twisted fate of ending up in the shittiest group in class. At first they also proposed an Action Adventure game, but it got turned out the same way as ours did. Also, that abonheaded lecturer told them,

"Why don't you guys combine your current game with Puzzle Game?"

So they went back and conceptualized, and came up with a Puzzle Game. It was pretty alright, but what happens? It gets turned down, dissected, RIPPED OUT INSIDE-OUT BY THAT abonHEAD AND TURNED INTO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME. It essentially becomes HIM who came up with the idea and conceptualized it; how's that for manipulation and politics? And, he LOVES that idea so damn much, that during OUR pitch he told us about that idea that "they" DEVELOPED AND HOW MUCH MORE OF A "POWERFUL" CONCEPT IT WAS "DESPITE HOW SIMPLE IT IS".

So, what IS it?

"They had a great idea, an obstacle course platformer, played HORIZONTAL SPLIT SCREEN between TWO PLAYERS ONLY. Each player starts off at opposite ends of the course, and race towards the other end. During the way, they can plant traps and obstacles, which would trap the other player and delaying him once they reach that part. But it also takes time to put the traps, so it's strategy. The traps work 100% and never fails and for example, if it takes 5 seconds to plant it stuns for 5 seconds"

Not only was the obvious loophole there that PLANTING THE TRAPS WAS COMPLETELY REDUNDANT SINCE IT ENDS UP BALANCING TO NOTHING ANYWAY AND THAT THE -ONLY- PLAYER INTERACTION BETWEEN THE TWO PLAYERS WAS ONLY -ONCE- THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME!! Despite this, he INSISTED them on doing it, so they had no choice but to.

The best part is yet to come. They have been constantly arguing against that abonhead about the idea but he KEEPS INSISTING THAT THEY DO IT, SAYING THAT IT'S SUCH A GREAT CONCEPT. Moreover, any OTHER concepts that they attempted to propose were almost INSTANTLY shot down NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY WERE!

Oh, and that nondescript group that I talked about had their own fair share of bullshit from him too. He insisted on them doing a 3D VERSION OF TETRIS when they already had their own unique puzzle game based around shadows already. Starting to see a pattern here?

He BRINGS DOWN the groups that he THINKS CAN'T DO ANYTHING, ONLY SEEING THINGS AT SURFACE LEVEL. He SUPPORTS AND KISSES THE ASSES OF THE GROUPS HE LOVES, ALLOWING THEM TO DO WHATEVER THE Y abonING WANT!!


He only sees things at surface-level and never bothers finding out more before making conclusions. He knows SHIT about games design and is a casualabon who loves games like Wii Sports. He's a abonhead who is extremely biased and does not care about anyone else except those he likes. He wants to bring up those that he likes and bring down those that he dosen't. He is completely oblivious and blind to how hated he is in class and the amount of stress and anger he brings everyone, thinking that he is doing it all for 'our' own good. He is manipulative and insistent on his shitty ideas. He makes shitty suggestions all the time and has an IQ of a snail, if he even has one. He has no form of common sense whatsoever. He's a abonhead.

...

...

...I'll stop here.
__________________

Last edited by Drarin; 05-15-2009 at 07:43 AM.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
VIP
VorpalBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
Blog Entries: 7
iTrader: (4)
VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You know what? You should make the 2D casual game one called Asshat Lecturer. Your goal is to ruin the lives of your class as much as possible by changing around projects, giving some students special preference, switching around project team members arbitrarily, and then earning bonus points from the school administration for making your students quit, fail, and retaking the course. The goal of the game is to make as many students ragequit, fail, and retry as possible before one of them loses it and shoots you dead for being a total ****.

The students' rage level could be indicated by angry smilies over their heads, and changes depending on how you mess with them; different students types have different rage levels, and your score goes up really fast the more angry students you have. However, if your students get too ticked off, there's a chance they might kill you, and the odds go higher the longer the student stays angry. If you die, your game ends, and if you leave around too many happy students, the rest of the faculty forces you to resign because you don't fail enough kids to make money. It would be a timed round game that counts one semester per round, and each round adds more oddball students to the mix. The first round might just start with a few normal students, who get moderately annoyed when you mess up their routine, and get angry at a steady rate. When the game progresses, you could add in more student types, like the serious student, who rages quickly whenever a change is made, the slacker, who doesn't get enraged at all because he doesn't care about anything, but enrages anyone who gets stuck with him, and so on. You could switch around the project members with a Bejeweled style swap, and it would affect the mood of each team accordingly, depending on what student types were switched. Finally, you could do global changes, like changing around the product schedule mid-semester, which causes everyone to get angry, but with different student types, some get angrier than others, and doing so puts you at high risk of dying, but also increases your score like crazy. Take this idea and run with it 8D
 
05-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
PedroRomero's Avatar
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,505
Blog Entries: 125
iTrader: (2)
PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
You know what? You should make the 2D casual game one called Asshat Lecturer. Your goal is to ruin the lives of your class as much as possible by changing around projects, giving some students special preference, switching around project team members arbitrarily, and then earning bonus points from the school administration for making your students quit, fail, and retaking the course. The goal of the game is to make as many students ragequit, fail, and retry as possible before one of them loses it and shoots you dead for being a total ****.

The students' rage level could be indicated by angry smilies over their heads, and changes depending on how you mess with them; different students types have different rage levels, and your score goes up really fast the more angry students you have. However, if your students get too ticked off, there's a chance they might kill you, and the odds go higher the longer the student stays angry. If you die, your game ends, and if you leave around too many happy students, the rest of the faculty forces you to resign because you don't fail enough kids to make money. It would be a timed round game that counts one semester per round, and each round adds more oddball students to the mix. The first round might just start with a few normal students, who get moderately annoyed when you mess up their routine, and get angry at a steady rate. When the game progresses, you could add in more student types, like the serious student, who rages quickly whenever a change is made, the slacker, who doesn't get enraged at all because he doesn't care about anything, but enrages anyone who gets stuck with him, and so on. You could switch around the project members with a Bejeweled style swap, and it would affect the mood of each team accordingly, depending on what student types were switched. Finally, you could do global changes, like changing around the product schedule mid-semester, which causes everyone to get angry, but with different student types, some get angrier than others, and doing so puts you at high risk of dying, but also increases your score like crazy. Take this idea and run with it 8D
holy Shi~! that sounds amazing. i'd play it. it sounds really hard

and drarin i'm really sorry about tihs whole mess. i read the entire rant and i can only say i feel for ya, bro
__________________
yes i'm a sexy free and single ಠ_ಠ
 
05-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
SilentSaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 自分の幻想
Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (0)
SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC
Default

If it's a public school, you're out of luck. If it's a private school, you can probably complain to administration and actually have a favorable response. I complained about a lecturer once and they pretty much just told me to go fsck myself. Just one of those things to deal with, I guess.
__________________
Human history is the story of complaisance. While disaster is fresh in our memory, we take precautions. But as the memory of disaster recedes, we start to take risks.
 
05-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,010
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
You know what? You should make the 2D casual game one called Asshat Lecturer. Your goal is to ruin the lives of your class as much as possible by changing around projects, giving some students special preference, switching around project team members arbitrarily, and then earning bonus points from the school administration for making your students quit, fail, and retaking the course. The goal of the game is to make as many students ragequit, fail, and retry as possible before one of them loses it and shoots you dead for being a total ****.

The students' rage level could be indicated by angry smilies over their heads, and changes depending on how you mess with them; different students types have different rage levels, and your score goes up really fast the more angry students you have. However, if your students get too ticked off, there's a chance they might kill you, and the odds go higher the longer the student stays angry. If you die, your game ends, and if you leave around too many happy students, the rest of the faculty forces you to resign because you don't fail enough kids to make money. It would be a timed round game that counts one semester per round, and each round adds more oddball students to the mix. The first round might just start with a few normal students, who get moderately annoyed when you mess up their routine, and get angry at a steady rate. When the game progresses, you could add in more student types, like the serious student, who rages quickly whenever a change is made, the slacker, who doesn't get enraged at all because he doesn't care about anything, but enrages anyone who gets stuck with him, and so on. You could switch around the project members with a Bejeweled style swap, and it would affect the mood of each team accordingly, depending on what student types were switched. Finally, you could do global changes, like changing around the product schedule mid-semester, which causes everyone to get angry, but with different student types, some get angrier than others, and doing so puts you at high risk of dying, but also increases your score like crazy. Take this idea and run with it 8D
I read the first line and I LOL'D. It'd be a nice SUBTLE (hurr hurr...) "Stop being a prick" nudge.

You should gather a poll for all these ideas, and have people choose which is better. Nobody gives a damn about how good you think your game is if the consumers think it's shit. The evidence is against that fail lecturer.

Also I died on the inside at the 2D obstacle course platformer. I'm gonna make a FPS where when I shoot someone, they gain back the HP they lost.
__________________
 
05-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~
Belphybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Will Smith
Posts: 1,801
Blog Entries: 3
iTrader: (0)
Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith
Default

Oh man, a huge part died in me when I read that those game ideas were denied.

That bastard's like a 4Kids, but for video games. I doubt he's ever got past the first level on Super Mario Bros, or pulled off a 236+P (in other words, hadoken) in Street Fighter 2. In fact, I doubt he's ever played SF2.
__________________
[tumblr.][deviantART][last.fm]
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:. :.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:
 
05-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default

luckie that sounds like an amazing idea I think I might make some of my classmates do that for their 'casual' game idea lol.

The thing is, we have to let them APPROVE of the idea before we do any polling. Sucks, right?

Also thanks to the people who actually bothered reading the whole thing...
__________________
 
05-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
Always be myself
Azusa's Avatar
Awards Event Winner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,333
iTrader: (3)
Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay
Default

Would you say the country/culture in which you reside is the root cause of this bullshit?

Most people I know in that area really loathe it. Since I can't be sure whether or not you do too, thought I should ask.
__________________
Visit the ShiningRay Blog!
LaTale @ Iris

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

 
05-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka
Would you say the country/culture in which you reside is the root cause of this bullshit?

Most people I know in that area really loathe it. Since I can't be sure whether or not you do too, thought I should ask.
It's Singapore. This one is in the Teritary level so I don't really know but the amount of politics involved in this is RIDICULOUS
__________________
 
05-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default

To the de-repper: If you don't like it then don't read it, nobody's forcing you to...

Hey, hey, chill out, I'm not whining here. Just a little disgruntled.
__________________

Last edited by Drarin; 05-16-2009 at 07:32 PM.
 
05-18-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
RandomCrazyBuns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lurking under your bed
Posts: 262
iTrader: (0)
RandomCrazyBuns is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kitkin/NatsuNoHime
Class: Cat/Bunny to_champion
Level: 16X/17X
Default

Ah I couldn't help but kinda lol when I first started to read this, this sounds kinda like 2 of my lecturers combined lol(and one of them teaches about game designing stuff, good thing that module wasnt a compulsory module for me._.)
We really DO have lecturers trying to screw their students here(in Singapore), don't we>_>
__________________
-Semi-alive-
~Fantasia~
Kitkin-Cat-AP+HV-16X
Ghyphon-Lion-AC-7X
MizuFloss-Sheep-MA-6X
~Jewlia~
NatsuNoHime-Bunny-AP-17X
PyroKitsune-Fox-DA+LK-5X
Bearick-Racoon-AP+HV-14X
KuroNami-Sheep-MA-7X

MyBrute-Fight me
 
05-18-2009   #12 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
Kotarou's Avatar
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Malaysia (Kay Ell) Waifu: Yune Amagiri
Posts: 3,644
Blog Entries: 5
iTrader: (0)
Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 58 | Fighter 39 lu_eir
Level: 46
Default

GREAT WAY TO PROMOTE CREATIVITY

aboning Lecturer, lol. '-'
__________________
 
05-18-2009   #13 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Silver Rook's Avatar
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth
Posts: 1,855
iTrader: (0)
Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals
Default

aboning lecturers just want to do everything for themselves because they think that they're really great with the power to fail us and stuffs.
__________________

This is Kyuubey
 
05-18-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcfalcon
Ah I couldn't help but kinda lol when I first started to read this, this sounds kinda like 2 of my lecturers combined lol(and one of them teaches about game designing stuff, good thing that module wasnt a compulsory module for me._.)
We really DO have lecturers trying to screw their students here(in Singapore), don't we>_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
aboning lecturers just want to do everything for themselves because they think that they're really great with the power to fail us and stuffs.
Nah its okay lol. Yeah they really only care about the reputation of their own school and themselves don't they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
GREAT WAY TO PROMOTE CREATIVITY

aboning Lecturer, lol. '-'
I felt that I should have brought that point up, but that would only lead me into trouble.
__________________
 
05-18-2009   #15 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Javier's Avatar
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Carolina/Singapore
Posts: 2,274
Blog Entries: 3
iTrader: (0)
Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando
Default

I read the whole thing, and all I can say is, shitty lecturers are rampant in Polys.

It gets slightly better if/when you move on to Uni (assuming you don't do a Business or Arts degree, thats where all the loldrama is festering).
__________________

It's the nature of my circuitry.
 
05-18-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyy
I read the whole thing, and all I can say is, shitty lecturers are rampant in Polys.

It gets slightly better if/when you move on to Uni (assuming you don't do a Business or Arts degree, thats where all the loldrama is festering).
I'm kind of skeptical about that though, seeing how much drama and politics is involved here I don't think it's a very good idea. Moreover I don't have the monies to pay for it.
__________________
 
05-18-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Luciane's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 412
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (1)
Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane
Default

So much reading (yes, read it completely), and I have no idea what to say to it else than: *Pats*
__________________

Thank you so much k0n <3
 
05-18-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
SilentSaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 自分の幻想
Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (0)
SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC
Default

Just a quick question: does your lecturer have tenure? Not sure how it is there, but in the US, once a professor/lecturer/teacher (public institutions, at least.) gets tenure, you can expect the quality decline to correspond to a logarithmic curve.
__________________
Human history is the story of complaisance. While disaster is fresh in our memory, we take precautions. But as the memory of disaster recedes, we start to take risks.
 
05-18-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Drarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
Just a quick question: does your lecturer have tenure? Not sure how it is there, but in the US, once a professor/lecturer/teacher (public institutions, at least.) gets tenure, you can expect the quality decline to correspond to a logarithmic curve.
I think even his position there is a political issue. When I looked up his background he came from a MECHANICS SCHOOL from another Polytechnic. There was absolutely NO reason for ANY of them to have him over here, unless...

I assume it's because he's friends with the School Director and just decided to employ him because he's "friend friend".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciane
So much reading (yes, read it completely), and I have no idea what to say to it else than: *Pats*
Aww, thanks...
__________________
 
05-19-2009   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
ChaosReaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 37 49' S 澳洲 144 58' E
Posts: 364
iTrader: (0)
ChaosReaper is on a distinguished road
Default

No love for Abons? D;

Ahh well, guess the only thing you can do to that lecturer is -1 him. Write it on the board or something lol.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


DarkOrbit
Need a new browser game?

Try 

DarkOrbit

Rating:  

5.8
Hide this banner by registering for our community.