Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stating truth makes me discriminatory?

One of my co-workers happens to be Catholic and was indoctrinated by a recent recruiting spree which has made her more annoying than a door to door preacher. After three days of saying no, I finally got fed up, arrange a sit down talk, and calmly air out the reasons why I will never support the Catholic church. Firstly, because they are the most corrupt organization on the face of the planet, and they have blood on their hands for supporting numerous wars. They sold indulgences, which were basically coupons signed by a clergyman that people could buy to excuse sins. Not only is this completely unscriptural, but so is the whole notion of forced celibacy. This led to talk about John Wycliffe and William Tyndale, both of whom translated the Bible to English and had their Bibles burned by the Catholic church, either because the translations did not support their doctrine, or because the clergy wanted to stay in power by keeping the public in the dark and using the Bible in Latin. In any case, telling her plainly that the Catholic church was a bunch of Bible burners didn't sit well, and the well published edict of the Pope having Wycliffe's remains dug up, burned, and then thrown into the river Swift made the argument undefendable.

After arguing that the past is the past, she wanted to show that the modern church is no longer what it used to be. This was hardly a valid argument, as Thomas More, one of William Tyndale's lead prosecutors, and overall Catholic attack dog, was declared as a Patron Saint of Statesmen and Politicians by Pope John Paul II in 2000. Despite there still being clergy that deny the holocaust in ranks of the church, the council of Pope Pious XI signed the Reichskonkordat treaty with Nazi Germany shortly after Hitler took power, effectively legitimizing his government. Pope Pious XI would later be criticized for saying absolutely nothing about the harsh treatment and genocide of Jews that happened before and during the second world war. At that point, she had heard all the aired dirty laundry she could stomach and called me anti-Catholic.

The problem here? I'm not. I didn't make any of this up, I was just stating truth. If you have problems with my supposedly anti-Catholic remarks, then you should blame your church leaders for supplying the ammunition. I'm not the one who moves gay clergy from church to church. I'm not the one supporting oppressive boarding schools for Native Americans, designed to destroy their language and culture. I'm not the one who will support your organization either. So no matter how much you cry discrimination and bloody murder and hide yourself under a rock of self denial, you can't escape the truth. You support an organization that's corrupt to the bone, and happens to have some good, honest people who are completely kept in the dark about it's history. Knowing the truth about your organization's rotten innards does not make me anti-Catholic. I don't go around burning down churches, or send you to the supervisor for being preachy during office hours, even though I probably should. I let you get your voice in, before I get in mine. Just because the truth I say hurts doesn't make it discriminatory. You happen to be a blind sheep who peddles religion for a bunch of crooks you knew nothing about. Now deal with it.

Last edited by VorpalBunny; 05-12-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling D:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: xKillua
Class: Sorc/Reaper to_scientist
Level: 73
Guild: Noblesse

*claps .

05-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Eh I had a similar discussion about holidays(as well as the origin of the word), namely Mothers Day, Fathers Day and Valentines and how stupid they were because people make it out to be that you can only show those people who love them on that one day etc. Black History Day/Month(which ever it is) was mentioned as well as equality and something called "Black Television"(was talking to someone from the states). Everything was fine till I was labeled racist/anti-social when I said "equality means not needing things to have black/white/brown/pink versions and exceptions."

But good on ye Vorpal, people can't handle the truth.

05-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

It was nice when we were kids, having these nice guys act as go-betweens to God for us, then we get older and find out it's basically just a self-serving political machine.

That's ok if they want to keep doing that I guess, now that I've pretty much abandoned the church (not faith), I actually prefer God without all the human-posturing bullshit.

It bothers me when people try to forcibly justify their religion to others. If they have to resort to this, they're doing it wrong.

05-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ChazZTheSpazZ

Stated like a pro, GG.

05-12-2009   #6 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Asians have small d1ks.

It's true, but still discriminatory. :<

05-12-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Kruger has a spectacular aura aboutKruger has a spectacular aura about
IGN: VaporTrail
Class: E75 / Jagdpanther

Majority of north americans are obese and die more frequently from heart attacks or strokes.

It's true...... discriminatory? I dunno, you be the judge.

05-12-2009   #8 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Another epic rant brought to you by VorpalBunny.

05-12-2009   #9 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

It's funny when people can no longer defend their position and have to resort to the feeble "you're anti-____" line.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

05-12-2009   #10 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyy
It's funny when people can no longer defend their position and have to resort to the feeble "you're anti-____" line.
My comeback to that.

"Why thank you, please be advised the latter is wholly and entirely your fault. Please also be advised that I am anti-anything-you-are-a-part-of-by-default from this point on. Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

They usually have no reply to that.

But yeah, well done to Luckie. I always maintain religion is the refuge of the weak minded, and your story has only served to prove the point.

05-12-2009   #11 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
Despite there still being clergy that deny the holocaust in ranks of the church, the council of Pope Pious XI signed the Reichskonkordat treaty with Nazi Germany shortly after Hitler took power, effectively legitimizing his government.
GRAMMAR!

Anyways, truth hurts sometimes. Deny is the first step if I recall, lol.

05-12-2009   #12 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
GRAMMAR!

Anyways, truth hurts sometimes. Deny is the first step if I recall, lol.
Grammar was fine to be honest. Also its denial.

Lets break it down.
Cue funky music.
They're/they are - Despite they are still being clergy that deny the holocaust in ranks of the church.
Their, a possession of something - Despite their are still being clergy that deny the holocaust in ranks of the church.
There, There Definition | Definition of There at Dictionary.com link as I'm now too lazy - Despite there still being clergy that deny the holocaust in ranks of the church.

Third one to be honest. As the Catholic church would be a there, as there is the slim chance not all of the pedoriests are corrupt.

05-13-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Breakfast will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Breakfast
IGN: Urethra
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 2x
Guild: Kazoku

I'm printing this rant out and posting it on my wall.

05-13-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Kainami is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kainami Send a message via MSN to Kainami
Guild: ForielUnion

They're just being stereotypical about people who don't embrace their thoughts. They're actually the discriminants in this situation.

Last edited by Kainami; 05-13-2009 at 07:05 AM.

05-13-2009   #15 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

I'm a forced Catholic because of my family, I'm only 15. I love this rant.

I'd +rep you, Vorpal, but I can't. 8D

Last edited by Coffee; 05-13-2009 at 01:43 PM.

05-13-2009   #16 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Evalyn Fior
Class: DRK/MNK/LTW
Guild: HoCD

I have a friend who uses a lot of the same logic as you, and this brought me a good lol. I can't take it when people are so blinded that they can't see what's right in front of them (Really cliche, but so true)

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

05-13-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Kainami is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kainami Send a message via MSN to Kainami
Guild: ForielUnion

They sometimes just prefer not to see.

05-13-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

I think this would sums it up nicely:

05-13-2009   #19 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
I think this would sums it up nicely:
No it doesn't. The only thing similar between that clip and this topic is that they both deal with the truth.

05-13-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Well, there wasn't a clip with him just saying the can't handle the truth part. But, really, I'm surprised you didn't see it coming. The "truth" never makes anyone happy.