ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   Music these days. (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/46877-music-these-days.html)

Soxy 05-11-2009 04:09 PM

Music these days.

Ok so today I was sitting in class listening to music on my iPod when these three girls ask me what I am listening to. I tell them Ashbury Heights (thanks Teu) and one of the girls asks me:
"Why would you listen to them, the guy isn't even that attractive."

I'm sorry I forgot that I should be making my music choices based on looks and not the actual musical talent.

On a side note I personally believe The singer in question is quite good looking.

Sorry in advance for any typing erros, need to get use to iPods.

Coffee 05-11-2009 04:44 PM

Susan Boyle is the most beautiful lady I have ever seen in my life.

I love sarcasm.

You should've just yelled SUSAN BOYLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at those people. :C I thought the 100+ mil views would actually have an effect of people judgement towards artists. I was wrong..

WhatThePhuc 05-11-2009 04:48 PM

i forgot we can hear what artists look like

PedroRomero 05-11-2009 04:49 PM

her thoughts doesn't = everyone else's thoughts. maybe that's her and her friend but you are proof that there are still people out there that still measure musicians by their music

MsSquid 05-11-2009 05:21 PM

I didn't know the thoughts of one shallow retard = Music as a whole.

SilentSaber 05-11-2009 05:56 PM

When does taste get a say in this? "Are you crazy, the guy isn't even that tasty."

". . ."

"CANNIBAL!!!"

iGrabbedU 05-11-2009 08:32 PM

tru dat man i enjoy jason mraz but my friends thinks he UGLY so apparantly i cant listen to because they dont like him

Javier 05-11-2009 08:37 PM

Ah, the fangirl syndrome. As long as the guy's hot, music he makes is gonna be nothing short of legendary.

Authentic 05-11-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayyy (Post 828053)
Ah, the fangirl syndrome. As long as the guy's hot, music he makes is gonna be nothing short of legendary.

This this!

I mean, look at the Jonas Brothers. `-`

SilentSaber 05-11-2009 09:13 PM

Differing sound frequencies
Alterations in air pressure
A combination of beats and melodies. (Or just beats...)

Shoo 05-11-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iGrabbedU (Post 828047)
tru dat man i enjoy jason mraz but my friends thinks he UGLY so apparantly i cant listen to because they dont like him

Not only is he ugly, in my opinion, but his music is also whiny, in my opinion. I is now monitoring you to see if you talk sh*t.>.O No more instant noodle for you!

most of the time i don't judge artists by the way the way they look, but, as in the example above, when you hear the song a million times you start to notice how (insert negative word here) the lyrics are. After that, the artist magically become both musically and visually unattractive.

Kainami 05-12-2009 08:13 AM

Thar boy bandz arz the phailz.

Their music is everything but legendary.

ZeR 05-12-2009 09:13 AM

half of the music i have i don't even know who the artist is, or even what they look like.

As long as it sounds good, i don't really care what they look like.

miyasha 05-12-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakFree (Post 828516)
half of the music i have i don't even know who the artist is, or even what they look like.

As long as it sounds good, i don't really care what they look like.

second.

besides, it doesn't metter what artists the other person likes or dislikes. what metter's is what YOU like or dislike to listen to.

Leenalia 05-12-2009 01:01 PM

As for me, despite the rumors and allegations circling the bands Creed, Alter Bridge and the singer Scott Stapp....in my opinion, they have the best songs I've ever heard. I have their CD's and I listen to Scott Stapp's songs and Creed's songs more than Alter Bridge.

Evanescence is also my second favorite <33

Aria 05-12-2009 06:27 PM

People like that are just cheating their senses.

ChaosReaper 05-15-2009 08:53 PM

Lol, those girls are conceited sausage-wallets.

Looks=/= level of music

Milkshakes 05-16-2009 12:37 PM

You should've punched that girl for me.
Seriously, base everything on good looks?
Rihanna's ugly and I still like her music.

Sanctus 05-16-2009 03:39 PM

^ I lol'd.
Thats like my friends. If they think the band I like is ugly or not that popular they think they suck.
When they've never even heard any of their music.