LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)
Default Stop trying to be "american" then?

I've grown tired of the fact that if anyone...and i mean anyone in any MMO or forum or getting to the point of irl asks what kind of foods i like, and i say one of my fav places is a local Chinese joint i get told i need to stop trying to be Asian...really?...wtf?, it also goes into other things like sports, movies, games, anything really...

I've noticed if you're not Asian it has almost become a trend to get bashed or mocked for liking "Asian" style things which is pretty sad imo, i don't see people going up to local Asian kids saying "well you like football, your trying to hard to be american" or anything that a lot of Asian's in ameirca are into such as foods, sports, cars, etc etc...its almost a taboo to even hint at feeling like its a double standard i think.

The other day i was on in TO and an Asian kid had to smart off to me because i said i was going to cook up some eggrolls and rice for me and my gf...comment was "What is it with you white people thinking your Asian just because you eat our food", slightly pissed me off and i found it to be a bit racist tbh, and i notice it is becoming more and more common too.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Lolwut? Where did you ever imply you 'thought you were Asian' for simply making eggrolls rofl? I guess people arent allowed to eat food they enjoy o: Crap, I should stop eating fajitas and junk ]: People may think Im trying to be Mexican or something.

/Mindblown

モノノ怪

05-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

It makes no sense I agree. It's rather pointless when you think about it, it's like a sort of prejudice.

.. And the local Chinese joint has American food, so I see no problem there? It's just labeled as the "Chinese Store" that sells Cheeseburgers, French Fries, Homemade Iced Tea, Fried Chicken, and "western-styled" Chinese foods.

I <3 KUDA

05-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
Out of Line

i eat at a mexican joint here in town too...funny enough they seem to be just fine with pale white me.

Its just becoming a common knit pick that annoys me.

05-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Then respond thusly. It can only be hilarious.

05-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

You would have to be chinese to understand

05-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

For lack of a better example, "whiggers".

05-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

I hate people like that. Usually, I give them a stern talking to in-game, it also usually frightens them off. Asians should be proud pretty much everyone is mimicking their food. No one wants to be American (aka obese) anymore.

05-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Most of America's obesity problem stems from people's inability to learn when to stop eating. Not that junk food or fast food or any of that is healthy, but if you eat nothing but that stuff day in and day out, of course you get fat. Dur.

モノノ怪

05-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

secret : a chinese person would never eat the kind of food served in chinese restaurants on a regular basis

05-07-2009   #11 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaizado
secret : a chinese person would never eat the kind of food served in chinese restaurants on a regular basis
This. A thousand times, this.

As a native chinese, you couldn't pay me to go to many of these so-called 'chinese' restaurants.

I guess it's similar to how many Mexicans won't go to places like Taco Bell, and so on.

05-07-2009   #12 (permalink)
swiggity swoogity
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Tru-fact: Behind most Asian restaurants are Mexican cooks.

At least it's true in Houston loool.

05-07-2009   #13 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai
At least it's true in Houston loool.
Loooooool.

Texas sucks. We suck. QQ.

モノノ怪

05-07-2009   #14 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

i dunno man i feel like a lot of asians on the internet are being elitist. "i'm asian so i'm automatically cooler than everyone and i have the right to like stuff and i am by no means a weaaboo cos i'm asian" and almost everything they say somehow comes back to relating how they're asian. or how asian they are conversations amongst asians.

and i just think they need to calm down.

you sir go and eat your eggroll.

05-07-2009   #15 (permalink)
Out of Line

I like how a few turned it into a food thing after i stated its more then just food and is semi defending the actions, somewhat proves it is a race thing in a strange way.

Its not uncommon to get mocked for liking anime, jRock/jPop, or anything asian these days anymore if you aren't asian to begin with.

05-07-2009   #16 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxshadows
I like how a few turned it into a food thing after i stated its more then just food and is semi defending the actions, somewhat proves it is a race thing in a strange way.

Its not uncommon to get mocked for liking anime, jRock/jPop, or anything asian these days anymore if you aren't asian to begin with.
Again, whiggers anyone?

05-07-2009   #17 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

i know quite a few wiggas and it's kinda a hard thing to deny them the right to act the way they do.

we all grew up in majority black area and they grew up with us so of course they pick up on our speech and out interest and our culture.

only time it really annoyed me was this guy who was so obsessed with dating black girls. or every other second he bashing his own race. bashing white people left and right. one guy i know he always sayig how he "hate white people"

but i think i've veered of course jst now....

anyway as far as asian people and the whole other people acting like them thing.

but i also think it's unfair cos

if a cute vietnamese girl likes to listen to jpop and write hiragana in her signature and stuff and do karaoke people won't attack her so much if she were white or black or even hispanic.

but the fact remain vietnamese girl isn't japanese. so why is it a difference? ahn?

and what if i am not vietnamese but i like pho.

what if i am not white but i enjoy rock music.

what if i'm not black but i wear rocawear jeans

05-07-2009   #18 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Its not uncommon to get mocked for liking anime, jRock/jPop
That's usually because lot's of anime, and J-pop fans tend to be irritating morons who think an entire country revolves around cartoons, and pop music. But, that's another rant entirely.

05-07-2009   #19 (permalink)
Out of Line

Pedro i see where you are coming from.

@ Wigger comment
Trust me i don't defend those "people" at all, i rather be Asian crazed then an person like that.
Sorry for double post btw.

Last edited by Catharsis; 05-11-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Please do not double-post. Instead, use the EDIT button.

05-07-2009   #20 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
i know quite a few wiggas and it's kinda a hard thing to deny them the right to act the way they do.

we all grew up in majority black area and they grew up with us so of course they pick up on our speech and out interest and our culture.

Quote:
@ Wigger comment
Trust me i don't defend those "people" at all, i rather be Asian crazed then an person like that.
Sorry for double post btw.
i'm sorry but i just don't see how being a wigga is worse than beeing weeaboo. atleast with some wiggas they actually emulating a culture they grew up around and know first hand.

most weeaboo only know about japanese culture from anime and other secondary sources. not from real life exp