Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-07-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
i dunno man i feel like a lot of asians on the internet are being elitist. "i'm asian so i'm automatically cooler than everyone and i have the right to like stuff and i am by no means a weaaboo cos i'm asian" and almost everything they say somehow comes back to relating how they're asian. or how asian they are conversations amongst asians.

and i just think they need to calm down.

you sir go and eat your eggroll.
It's the internet, who cares?

Anyways, in the spirit of offending everyone so everyone is even, here's a search and replace for the typical ethnicities.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

And on the note of not eating at (asian) restaraunts: if it's dimsum, it's alright. Otherwise it's going to the local (asian) super market to buy assorted (asian) stuff to go home to cook in some (asian) [or not] manner.

[at] previous: The reverse of your argument can be made as well.. What's your point?

Last edited by SilentSaber; 05-07-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-07-2009   #22 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

yes the argument can be made with any race. and honestly i don't think your spoiler tag edits are offensive. it just shows the diff perspectives people can take. and i think ppl do get offensive when people mimic their culture especially if they don't feel like the other completely understands it.

but i feel like this is a part of globalization. and so we are exposed to things that we may not have been exposed to had we lived 50 years ago.

is it so bad that a French family decides to have tamales or that a Filipino family decides to make spaghetti.

no it isn't.

edit- also i think i should apologize as though i meant no offense by my generalization i realize in retrospect it was rude of me. but i was just trying to bluntly state from an outside perspective how some may take the berating that they feel they receive from asians. and i am half asian but i do not relate to that side of my heritage at all because of how and where i was raised. so that further prove my point is we're raised into a culture as much maybe more than if we're born into it. our experiences can effect how we do things and what we like too

Last edited by PedroRomero; 05-07-2009 at 09:51 PM.

05-07-2009   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Loeki is on a distinguished road

I can see where Pedro is coming from.

Basically, I have Asian friends who claim its okay to like Anime, video games, and the like without being considered "weeaboo". Yet they were born and raised in America... and Fillipino and Thai on top of that. Some of them don't even know their own language.Very Americanized. Yet, they blatantly told me once if anyone who isn't Asian and likes the same things...they ARE "weeaboo".

To me, they are just as American as I am.

All I'm saying is what difference does it make?
As long as you're not trying hard to be something you're not. It doesn't hurt anyone to like another culture's food, or products of any kind if you just genuinely like them.

Last edited by Loeki; 05-07-2009 at 10:07 PM.

05-08-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

Lol, Europeans don't have that problem.
European stores, restuarants, bakeries, etc. sell european food that's definitely not "Americanized".
Heck, I'm Romanian-Hungarian-Armenian-Greek-Turkish and I go to a Romanian-Hungarian restaurant and the food tastes like Romanian-Hungarian food that we normally cook at home. The food actually tastes like from our home country (or countries), but the service is ofcourse...horrible.
Americans are opposite...most American joints give you great service but crappy food lmao.

Anyways, alot of the Asian foods are present in Europe. Alot of American foods gave Asians ideas to incorporate more "western-style" recipes. Alot of Mexican foods are similar to the Eastern European/Middle Eastern dishes. I really do not get the discrimination that's based on food. I've had Asian friends come with me to Chinese or Japanese restaurants and they even told me that the food here are better than their own home country's food. I even tried out Indian and Vietnamese foods...they're great but too similar to Romanian-Hungarian recipes =3

Honestly, there's just so many different kinds of foods you can make, not all of them will be unique especially when people move alot around the world and the whole planet becomes a mixing pot of cultures. No need to be racist anymore T_T;;

05-08-2009   #25 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

This is all a stereotype over races but this stereotype must be changed somehow.

05-08-2009   #26 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

For some, it's more of a pride thing. It's a "you got your own, why do you want mine?" For others, it's "ew, I don't want YOU to share my cultures, you aren't worthy." All in all, it's just ridiculous. We got people wanting to share the "cultural diffusion" thing, then we have going around putting people down for trying to, but yet they claim they aren't racist in anyway. "We don't hate black people, my neighbor's black!" (which proves nothing, really.)

I'm not trying to sound egoistic or elitist, but we have to realize, there are stupid, clueless, self-absorb, hypercritical, dim-witted, ignorance people among us who either don't know any better or choose not to. We live with them, and that's life. The end.

05-08-2009   #27 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
For some, it's more of a pride thing. It's a "you got your own, why do you want mine?" For others, it's "ew, I don't want YOU to share my cultures, you aren't worthy." All in all, it's just ridiculous. We got people wanting to share the "cultural diffusion" thing, then we have going around putting people down for trying to, but yet they claim they aren't racist in anyway. "We don't hate black people, my neighbor's black!" (which proves nothing, really.)

I'm not trying to sound egoistic or elitist, but we have to realize, there are stupid, clueless, self-absorb, hypercritical, dim-witted, ignorance people among us who either don't know any better or choose not to. We live with them, and that's life. The end.
^^^ this.
I think you have the 100% perfect view on it and i can honestly agree

05-08-2009   #28 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

I always find this topic funny, because the elitists are the ones repressing their own culture. Not only is this narrow-minded, but it leads to disastrous results over time. A good example of this folly is Ireland. Over the centuries, the Gaeilge language and Gaelic dialects became distinctly Irish or Scottish, so much so that nobody bothered to learn it because an Indian or Chinese person speaking Gaelic would be plain weird and a complete outcast among the locals. Since their language is so specialized, it isolated them from globalization, allowing English to move in as the language used for business.

As a result, the Gaeilge language might go extinct within the next 100 years. Locals are now desperate to teach anyone Irish Gaeilge and spend millions of dollars to promote heritage language classes in places like Boston, where many of the people are of Irish descent. What's my point? People should be proud of the fact that their culture is spreading and being accepted by other people. 20 years ago, people would be grossed out and repulsed by curry goat, bean sprouts, or even oxtail stew. Now, it's become something accepted, and that's a good thing.

tl;dr - What these immature brats are basically saying is 'Screw you, stop promoting and accepting my culture!'. I can't think of anyone who thinks farther backwards and fails any harder than that.

05-08-2009   #29 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

All the more we have to break the stereotype.

05-08-2009   #30 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quoted from my reply to a "weeaboo" thread in Life & Rel - seems to fit here pretty well

-----

I think this is only a problem once the person (weeaboo) decides that Japanese culture is superior and everything they've grown up with is inferior. I've known a few people like this (I've been in more than one fansub group) and they think that all western culture is shit, Japan is like some kind of heaven, yada yada.

Consider this about NoeJeko:
Quote:
My online handle actually came from JoeNeko (believe it or not, some people haven't out 2+2 together). My favorite cuisine is sushi - I can eat raw fish all day every day and never tire of it. I love anime and Asian music. I have an Asian girlfriend. I have about a standard otaku level mastery of the Japanese language and I use Japanese phrases in everyday speech. I have an ever growing collection of anime figures. I drink at least 5 cups of green tea a day and I have a Tiger brand water heater for my tea and instant noodles. I want to visit Japan one day.
Does that make NoeJeko a weeaboo? Maybe, if you take it at face value. What the 'accusers' don't realize is that NoeJeko isn't obsessed with Japanese culture - he's just obsessed with culture. Let's start filling in the blanks that are created from a narrow minded view:

Consider this about NoeJeko:
Quote:
My online handle actually came from JoeNeko (believe it or not, some people haven't out 2+2 together). My very first handle was MasterP (from my name Paul but also after the '90s rapper) and then evolved to Joe once I tried to create a fake online persona to give to all the marketing forms on websites. I carried the handle BRiMFiZH for almost 10 years because of a really funny incident that happened in college. My favorite cuisine is sushi - I can eat raw fish all day every day and never tire of it. A very close second would be a big, juicy, bleeding rare American steak. It seems like I have an affinity for raw food because I think I can eat just about anything raw except pork and chicken. I absolutely love Italian food - it was the best part of the 4 years I spent in Italy. I love anime and Asian music. I also have a massive (67,000+) MP3 collection of pretty much any genre music you can think of. I play guitar and want to learn to play violin and piano one day. I realyl dug the Europop that I heard daily when I lived in Italy. I have an Asian girlfriend. I've also had caucasian girlfriends. I don't see what the big deal is over a person's race as long as you both care for each other. I have about a standard otaku level mastery of the Japanese language and I use Japanese phrases in everyday speech. I have a near fluent mastery of the Spanish language, a decent command of the Italian language, and exposure/limited knowledge of French, German, Mandarin, and Vietnamese - I'd also like to learn Latin before I die. I use phrases from any language I know in everyday speech. I have an ever growing collection of anime figures. I also have a collection of DVDs that, if I had saved all that money, I could buy a new car with. I have a collection of military coins that I received during my time in the service, and my computer collection also cost more than my car. I collect odd things. I drink at least 5 cups of green tea a day and I have a Tiger brand water heater for my tea and instant noodles. I also drink a fair share of Earl Grey (British) tea throughout the day. I want to visit Japan one day. I've spent 4 years in Italy, visited Germany, Mexico, Portugal, and Canada as well as over 70% of the United States. I want to visit Great Britain, Russia, China, and Amsterdam one day as well.
In the end, I think it's really about being closed minded, looking for a reason to insult someone, and only seeing what you want to see about that person. ^_^ (o shat Asian face!)
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

05-08-2009   #31 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

Well, if anyone gave it any thought, china used to be/is the most self-centered country, namely what "China" translates to in chinese shows just that.

05-08-2009   #32 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaizado
Well, if anyone gave it any thought, china used to be/is the most self-centered country, namely what "China" translates to in chinese shows just that.
As in comparison to a country that names themselves in a negative manner? wut?

05-08-2009   #33 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClastro
As in comparison to a country that names themselves in a negative manner? wut?
lol my thought exactly. lol some sort of masochist to name themself something to degrade them. haha i can't think of a country without some sort of pride. in fact that's not a bad trait

05-11-2009   #34 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

ChaosReaper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber

Ii dunno man i feel like a lot of blacks on the internet are being elitist. "i'm black so i'm automatically cooler than everyone and i have the right to like stuff and i am by no means a weaaboo cos i'm black" and almost everything they say somehow comes back to relating how they're black. or how black they are conversations amongst blacks.

you sir go and eat your chicken and watermelon with that kool-aid

Ii dunno man i feel like a lot of caucasians on the internet are being elitist. "i'm caucasian so i'm automatically cooler than everyone and i have the right to like stuff and i am by no means a weaaboo cos i'm caucasian" and almost everything they say somehow comes back to relating how they're caucasian. or how caucasian they are conversations amongst caucasians.

you sir go and declare someone elses' land yours.

i dunno man i feel like a lot of middle easterners on the internet are being elitist. "i'm middle eastern so i'm automatically cooler than everyone and i have the right to like stuff and i am by no means a weaaboo cos i'm middle eastern" and almost everything they say somehow comes back to relating how they're middle eastern. or how middle eastern they are conversations amongst middle easterners.

you sir go and blow up a building.
Fixed for common used stereotypes.

On Topic: Those people insulting your culture are merely jealous of how they cannot accept it. Those people are often the minority which are unemployed, their lives have no importance in todays society and more importantly, have no say in -Insert country here-

05-12-2009   #35 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

They should be thankful that some other people appreciate their food,stuff or whatever.
Jerks.

05-13-2009   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Kainami is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kainami Send a message via MSN to Kainami
Guild: ForielUnion

Chinese man say:

I sometimes hate how people act like they're more Asian than me, when they're really not. It's probably where this attitude originates from. Please don't test me on my own culture. Its quite insulting.

05-13-2009   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Tbh, these people should be glad that there are people out there who admire their culture and enjoy their food to that great an extent. I know I would be, and I sure as hell am.

05-13-2009   #38 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
Tbh, these people should be glad that there are people out there who admire their culture and enjoy their food to that great an extent. I know I would be, and I sure as hell am.
Lots of people are, but the average person is quite weak-minded and instantly falls back on "oh god, this person might even become more <noun> than me! must stop them!" or something of that sort.

Personally I hate it when anyone is proud of (and proud of being a part of) any group/race/gender/religion/country/etc because that pride accomplishes absofreakinglutely nothing and just makes you look like you think you're freaking awesome. Which 99.9% of people aren't. Including myself.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

05-13-2009   #39 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka
Lots of people are, but the average person is quite weak-minded and instantly falls back on "oh god, this person might even become more <noun> than me! must stop them!" or something of that sort.

Personally I hate it when anyone is proud of (and proud of being a part of) any group/race/gender/religion/country/etc because that pride accomplishes absofreakinglutely nothing and just makes you look like you think you're freaking awesome. Which 99.9% of people aren't. Including myself.
That's like telling all the military men and women across the globe to f-off.
That's like telling every religious devotee to just drop dead.
That's like telling every nationality to just quit being themselves and go screw themselves.
That's like telling every single individual to just feel depressed about themselves 24/7 because they ain't getting any recognition for what they have done.

Long live China!

05-13-2009   #40 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClastro
That's like telling all the military men and women across the globe to f-off.
That's like telling every religious devotee to just drop dead.
That's like telling every nationality to just quit being themselves and go screw themselves.
That's like telling every single individual to just feel depressed about themselves 24/7 because they ain't getting any recognition for what they have done.

Long live China!
Nothing Haruka said is as nearly as severe as you're making it out to be. You can be a soldier, religious, and human without thinking you're the best shit on the face of the planet.

P.S. Pride is a sin in most religions.

Last edited by MsSquid; 05-13-2009 at 06:17 PM.