ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   +rep (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/46352-rep.html)

Andz 05-04-2009 11:09 PM

+rep

GD it, why do I have to spread some Reputation around before giving VorpalBunny another +rep?
He deserves getting +rep-ed, and I don't understand why he can't get it.

There aren't much people who deserve the +reps anyways.

:py39:

EDIT: Btw Luckie,

Quote:

Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
Also, donut holes suck unless you happen to live in Canada, where they are called Timbits. You give the lady behind the counter a funny two color coin that looks like Trickster's 10,000 galder coupon, and they give you a dozen of them. Best border deal ever.

I lol-ed, +rep.

Catharsis 05-04-2009 11:25 PM

Because we don't want friends piling reps on each other for the lulz. If you think someone is cool, you don't have to +rep him every time he posts, you know.

Kusuriuri 05-05-2009 12:04 AM

Woah Cath hit a bright bar. Hax. I just had to jumpstart it, eh?

Rofl Andz ' -'

Catharsis 05-05-2009 01:50 AM

We hit bright bars for the behind-the-scenes stuff we do around the forum lol. And your rep powars are hax, Veil. >_>

Anyway. Andz. Spread the love~ Monogamy is overrated. Try repping the guys who work their asses off for the forum, like Paul. :U Once you hit 10, you can give some man-luvin' to Luckie again. ^o^

Miyuki 05-05-2009 03:23 AM

Lol, I thought it was rant on rep [again], but yeah as above mentioned, stop monogamy, if it comes to rep!

VorpalBunny 05-05-2009 04:29 AM

Agreed. +rep doesn't do much since the mod overlords hax their way to 9 stars anyways. I like spreading the luls around because Rant never gets enough of it, and if anyone wants to find out where all the man-luvin' in MMOG is, go lurk around the profile pages until you find the <STEP> Fan Club group 8D

WhatThePhuc 05-05-2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VorpalBunny (Post 820321)
Agreed. +rep doesn't do much since the mod overlords hax their way to 9 stars anyways. I like spreading the luls around because Rant never gets enough of it, and if anyone wants to find out where all the man-luvin' in MMOG is, go lurk around the profile pages until you find the <STEP> Fan Club group 8D

lots of man
and lots of luvin

Catharsis 05-05-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VorpalBunny (Post 820321)

orz
The Staff has as much rep powers as the rest of you. -.-
Well, except the admins. They're God Tier.

Kusuriuri 05-05-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 820235)
And your rep powars are hax, Veil. >_>

:gar: 56 nao.

Milkshakes 05-05-2009 10:26 AM

-79... http://i44.tinypic.com/2mfkee.jpg
You can always spread love to people in random! :py01:

Catharsis 05-05-2009 11:03 AM

If you want rep, help out other members. :x

SlowBro 05-06-2009 10:15 PM

Boggles my mind how I have positive rep. And while people may deserve positive/negative reputation, it really doesn't do much. At best it warns new people who to trust and befriend and who to ignore which is pretty narrow-minded. Just do things without expecting a reward and you won't feel like a big green phony.

buta 05-06-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongo (Post 822860)
Boggles my mind how I have positive rep. And while people may deserve positive/negative reputation, it really doesn't do much. At best it warns new people who to trust and befriend and who to ignore which is pretty narrow-minded. Just do things without expecting a reward and you won't feel like a big green phony.

What about the people that purposefully want negative rep, then? o.o

Milkshakes 05-07-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buta (Post 822885)
What about the people that purposefully want negative rep, then? o.o

Err..... ._.

Catharsis 05-07-2009 02:49 AM

I guess some people want a negative rep to look notorious or something?

Some of us actually like spreading rep around. It's good for encouraging people to answer questions posted in the gaming forums, or for offering fixes to other people's tech problems. Or, in the case of Luckie, for amusing us. :o

Of course, in the end it doesn't really count for something other than getting tiny green ticks. User experience is not affected. Heck, the new members probably don't even know what the green ticks are for,

Crypt 05-08-2009 03:23 PM

I would rant about my last rep down, which I consider unjustified, but then again that would be kinda pointless as it's just one, and idk, I don't really care as long as it's not being abused, plus it was on random lol, however I feel offended sometimes if I can't find a reason for being de-repped

then again I have another problem, if I start getting too much of one thing, or w/e (talking in general), it seem to consume me <.< somewhat and makes jaelous as if I want more of it and then I do unexpected things or w/e and well, turns out bad, so I try to never expect anything x.x well it's not easy, I just try to keep myself normal and don't go crazy around, showing off, trying to get more or w/e, although I consider this normal for most people, as yes, I know the feeling lol, but it's kinda ridiculous as it goes overdone at some point

Really off-topic <.<
Spoiler!

Kusuriuri 05-08-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 823075)
Some of us actually like spreading rep around. It's good for encouraging people to answer questions posted in the gaming forums, or for offering fixes to other people's tech problems. Or, in the case of Luckie, for amusing us. :o

I dont too much anymore since my rep power can have such a huge affect lol x_x;

xD;;

Ken 05-08-2009 03:42 PM

o.o...when it comes to rep, i failed

Skiegh 05-08-2009 03:44 PM

I always forget there is even a reputation system. Trying to think if I have ever given out a + or - rep. Hmm..

Vaizado 05-08-2009 06:21 PM

red is the new green, go green red!