04-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default Fanboys.

This has been done to death. But it's terribly annoying when you see a fanboy in real life.

4 people. 1 360 fanboy. 3 PS3 fanboys. They argue about which is better. The 360 fanboy did typical fanboy things, like "____ SUCKS, _______ HAS SHITTY GAMES, 360 IS AWESOME" just run of the mill claims without any backup. Also gives the classic "so?" shrug to any point that is valid. Wasn't that annoyed with this guy.

The PS3 ones give false shitty facts and general bullshit, lying to theirselves that they're giving evidence of why PS3 is better than 360. These guys made me rage.

"The 360 has buttons, dust can get inside and screw the button up. PS3 has touch. It's more high tech shit."
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAY. Does the 360 have Blu-ray? Yes or no. DVD's are going to be phased out in 2 years."
I didn't know fanboys actually did this arguement in real life. Seriously.

360fan: "The PS3 is just a dumbed down version of a shitty PC"
PS3fan: "But the PS3 is a better computer than a PC. Any games the PC play the PS3 plays better."
*double facepalm*

And the final quote to give you further insight on how ignorant they are...

360fan: "The PS3 doesn't have backwards compatability, THAT'S SHIT!"
PS3fan: "The $800 model does."
(Really, I had no idea any model had backwards compatability. Besides the point though.)
Me: "Who the hell is gonna pay $800 for a friggen console?"
PS3fans: "Who the hell is gonna pay $2000 for a computer?"
asfsadfsahfjkshdfksjahfdakjsfhas /headdesk
(They know I'm for the PC side.)

I then fell into their fanboy trap, and started arguing that a decent PC doesn't cost anywhere near $2000. Course, I lost horribly, because as anyone knows, trying to win an arguement against a fanboy with logic will always end badly.

TL;DR: FFFF STUPIDTY, FFFF IGNORANCE, FFFF FANBOYS.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

The best comeback to any argument with fanboys is the one parents do when they are failing horribly at arguments with other adults.
"Do you have a child?"
"No."
"Then you don't know what you're talking about!"

Example:
"Man that racing driver is crap."
"Do you have any children?"
"No."
"Then you don't know what you're talking about."

04-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

I have a PS3 and a 360.

I WIN

04-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

The moral of the story? Don't talk to fanboys. They aren't considered people. Whenever I walk by a game store, I hear barking instead of arguments now. Comparing fanboys to dogs would be an insult to dogs though. Dogs tend to be in better shape, less shaggy, and smell better.

04-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

If I hear fanboys rage about PS3/Wii/360, I generally point out that most of their arguments are in fact inaccurate. Then I go walk back to the DS section.

I'm pro-Nintendo and pro-PC though. I really "despise", somewhat, Playstation and XBOX. I just don't like them.

But the argument I hate most is DSi vs. PSP. I personally think DSi > PSP. But then again... I'm biased. >O

04-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ChazZTheSpazZ

Fun arguement, but horrible arguers (that's a word, right?). I don't think I could argue which is better properly though, since I've never played a 360 or a PS3. Hmm... IMO, Blu-Ray > HD-DVD, and Sony> MS. So yeah, that would have been my arguement. Though I admit a home-brew PC gaming setup beats them both.

Moral of the story: Argue with me, not fanboys.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Wii... That is a class of its own, so therefore wins against itself. (Only console that has Brawl too... I'll buy one eventually just for that, I think.)

Edit#2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
PS3fans: "Who the hell is gonna pay $2000 for a computer?"
asfsadfsahfjkshdfksjahfdakjsfhas /headdesk
Two-grand for a gaming comp? That must play Crysis on very high settings (or maybe they're referring to overpriced Alienware)... I built one for fun on Newegg about a week ago that would play most games on high settings for about $600.

Last edited by ChazZTheSpazZ; 04-28-2009 at 09:02 PM.

04-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife

360fan: "The PS3 doesn't have backwards compatability, THAT'S SHIT!"
PS3fan: "The $800 model does."
(Really, I had no idea any model had backwards compatability. Besides the point though.)
AFAIK, only the 80 gig has (had) no backwards compatibility, but they have updated firmware that allows more ps2 games to be played on it.

Personally, I own a wii, i dont play it often. Both systems are nice in their own respect.

IMO, the only reason a "fanboy" for a specific console even exists is due to the fact that they have just spent a hella huge amount of money on one system and now cannot afford to buy the other.

(i half expected this thread to be about the 5000000000 in game names of narutosasuke, ichigooo, ichig0, etc lol)

05-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

You should have said.
PC has emulators,and you know what these emulators do,it makes it so that I don't have to bother myself with buying multiple systems like you barbaric animals.

05-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

SeraphSinger will become famous soon enoughSeraphSinger will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SeraphSinger
IGN: SeraphSinger
Class: Warlock
Level: 47
Guild: Prinny Mages

But what about SSBB for the Wii?

Jekoko and Amo

05-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

lol fanboyism...
Just change topic or leave if they starts on arguing, lol.

Well, pc have more stuff to do, besides just gaming ._. ..you can't upgrade any parts on console, don't you?

05-03-2009   #11 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

Average fanboys and fangirls are subhuman. Always remember this. The moment you decide to think and act like one, you become subhuman as well. The way to win against one is to realize this, because by doing so, they will eventually realize the same.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

05-03-2009   #12 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
lol fanboyism...

Well, pc have more stuff to do, besides just gaming ._. ..you can't upgrade any parts on console, don't you?
They see that as winning and then carry on more.

05-03-2009   #13 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
lol fanboyism...

The PC will always be superior to the Consoles, no matter how much you can upgrade the console or what-so-ever. Lets just list all the possibilities that's of course, true. If you find any facts wrong, please correct me.

FPS:
- First person shooters, I do believe everyone has played them before. From Gunz, to games like CS:S, CS1.6, HL2, TF2, Left 4 Dead... FPS games are designed to be on the computer platform, not a gaming console. In fact, gaming consoles ain't even suited for precision aiming. In any Console style FPS game, Halo, L4D, TF2... They all have this function called 'Auto aim' to balance this little disability out. This function allows the players to automatically aim towards the enemy once they has their console within certian distance of the enemy. But even with this automatic aiming function, the only FPS game that has a crossover with the 360 and the computer had to dumb down the computer version even more to balance it; eg. remove mouse smoothness, sensitivity issues, slower mouse scrolling speed... etc. And even with those nerfs, the computer players still wins over the 360 players. Guess why.

DRIVING:
- Ever played driving games before? From midtown madness to NFS, I do believe that both games exists on both Console and Computer Platform too. Unlike FPSs, Driving style games like mario kart doesn't requires precision aiming. Instead, you're required to use the left and right key to steer your car. This makes it pretty equal for both platforms as because pressing two keys ain't going to affect you very much. So as for Driving style games, Both Computer and Console platforms are going to be pretty much equal.

Button Mashing:
- DJMax, Audition, Gituar Hero... Games that requires both speedy reaction speed and coordination. For games like this I would say that consoles would be better. But thats just being unfair. Perhaps I've been playing too much console style DJMax, when I've moved on to DJMax Trilogy, I found the difficulity of the game... Increased. This just shows you how much more difficult the game is, because of a change of gaming platform.

In any case, most games that can be suited for the Console, would be better suited for the computer. Theres never a game out there thats better suited for a console than a computer, other than the WII; because WII motes requires movements and actions, so it doesn't counts.

Other than that, you can probably attach Consoles to the computer, make it workable and usable. This applies for all the consoles out there as theres definetly someone with loads of time to waste to make a program applicable for the computer to use such consoles. For example, for Monster Hunter Frontier, the official program itself gave two options; to use the keyboard to play, or to use a controller instead. Being a fan of Monster Hunter Portable/ 1 G/ 2/ 2 G, I would like to choose to use a controller instead. But because of the fact that I can't get a controller to use for gaming, using a keyboard isn't that bad either. In other case, you can't use a keyboard on a console. Nither can you virtually upgrade the console over and over again. What you can do on a console, the computer probably can do the same thing too.

Lastly, the computer working computer that has been recorded in history has been made about WWII. Gaming consoles ain't even out for more than 50 years yet. Computing power is said to be doubled per every six months too.

What do you think?

This is Kyuubey

05-03-2009   #14 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
If you find any facts wrong, please correct me.

FPS:
- First person shooters, I do believe everyone has played them before. From Gunz
... In other case, you can't use a keyboard on a console.
Unless the game of glitches has drastically changed from when I played it on failji its not a FPS nor has it ever been a FPS, its a TPS like Tomb Raider. Last bits also not right I remember a few games for my PS2 namely Red Faction 2 that allow you to use keyboard and mouse sadly I didn't have a PS/2 to USB adapter to look up my keyboard to it and the game didn't like my optical mouse.

Last edited by Metty; 05-03-2009 at 03:23 AM.

05-03-2009   #15 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilica
You should have said.
PC has emulators,and you know what these emulators do,it makes it so that I don't have to bother myself with buying multiple systems like you barbaric animals.
Playing games at .5fps is so fun.

05-04-2009   #16 (permalink)
chocoberry's vampire

antonie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antonie
IGN: antonie
Class: priest to_wizard
Level: 17x(stopped)
Guild: Chocoberry

still i prefer pc than any other game console, i don't care which game console is better as long as the game is good to me

05-04-2009   #17 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Change of topic / Reason = "LOL I WIN, 360/PS3 IS THE BEST" Not that they'd listen to the reason or change their topic anyway.

They reached a new low today...Searching up things along the lines of "Why the PS3/360 is better than the 360/PS3" on youtube. They would then proceed to show each other those horrible videos.

I die on the inside whenever stupidity like this happens. I probably died 100 times over already. They still don't think they're fanboys and think I'm the fanboy. (Even though I've said jack shit over the past few days)

On the internet fanboys get LOL'd at and you can shrug em off. In real life, it's just sad. Aggravating. Disturbing. Retarded.

05-04-2009   #18 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

It's so terribly ironic that this thread has turned into a bunch of fanboy posts.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

05-04-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka
It's so terribly ironic that this thread has turned into a bunch of fanboy posts.
Ironic? I'd say it was inevitable.

05-05-2009   #20 (permalink)
chocoberry's vampire

antonie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antonie
IGN: antonie
Class: priest to_wizard
Level: 17x(stopped)
Guild: Chocoberry

well, i think miyuki will delete all of the fanboys's post? ^^;;