Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW
Default ****ing P.E.

I usually love P.E., but today was fkin ridiculous! My P.E teacher always does co-lessons with the other freshman P.E teacher. Today we were told to play kick ball... in the blistering sun. it was 95 degrees out, and they expected each and everyone of to be able to sprint a homerun if the need had come. I was getting badgered for not sprinting due to my quick mile times, while others were being nagged because they wandered into the shade instead of standing in the sun to wait for their turn to kick. We were getting F-threats and all that, but in the end our class had the most stamina so the other class lost. What does their teacher do? She makes them run a Loop(3/4ths of a mile in my school)! You know what my teachers does to try and make the other class feel better? She makes us join them! IT'S 95 DEGREES OUT!!! WDF ARE THEY THINKING!? The worst part is that those who finish slower than 6 minutes gets and F for the day. that would be roughly an 8 minute mile time. Only six other people other than me finished in time, so they were thinking of making us run again but we were saved by the bell. I've never felt so hot in my life! and that's not the good kind of hot. I was sweating like a pig and felt so dehydrated it wasn't funny! i haven't sweated since 7th grade! it actually takes a lot to make me sweat, and i feel so bad for the other people in our classes.

/request law forbidding Outdoor activity in P.e when the temperature is higher than 95 degrees.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

I remember them calling this a "cooldown lap" or some crap like that when I was in high school. But then again I only picked it for one of my courses due to the fact I loathed the home economics teacher for being a fat pig of a woman, and the "social education" teacher for being off her rocker and not in a good way. That and PE had enough theory for me to fall asleep in and barely have to do anything till final exam for it.

04-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all

The screaming is what really aggravated me. The teacher of the other class is way to competitive. And isn't there a rule against teachers using curse words? T-T that completely ruined my day, and now im in a very irritable mood.

04-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Artixt is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: l2ain/Artixt/ShiningStarl
Class: SoulMaster/Mercenary/Primadonna to_soulmaster
Level: 170/195/141
Guild: ~ l2ainDrops ~

I don't get how running get you to cooldown since there is a cooldown lap o_o wouldn't that make it even worse? >_>

04-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

normally, a cooldown lap would be walked not ran. at least that's how it was in middle school.

04-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artixt
I don't get how running get you to cooldown since there is a cooldown lap o_o wouldn't that make it even worse? >_>
Its supposedly to help the muscles.

04-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I had 1st semester gym. This means we would go out in T-Shirts and Shorts at like -5 degrees with windchill. We'd then play soccer and crap. OH BOY.

Should be a law that P.E teachers do what they assigned students to do as well. If teacher can't do it, then assignment is not legit =D.

04-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

^-- Maybe because they already did it when they were a high school student? Who knows, maybe their teacher was even more ferocious.

But yeah, that really is ridiculous. I would imagine half of my class would pass out from the heat alone ololol

04-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

The heat is ridiculous. You guys are probably receiving more harm "playing" in that heat than you would spending time on the computer. The sins of our fathers (global warming) are apparently making us suffer :/ Try to keep cool you all and drink plenty of water, other than that I really don't know what to say. Wear sun-screen.

04-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

1.) If you run all out, generally what you're supposed to do, the cooldown lap is you essentially slowing down your running so you don't start hyperventilating or something.

Sounds like a terrible P.E. class though. Can't be as bad as the time I ran the mile, and the time for 16 year olds, even though I'm 15, is 8mins. 30secs., and I'm tiny by the way, so tiny lungs and tiny strides.
I ran all out and stuff, which unusual because usually I just give up and walk a little bit, but no, I ran 95% of the time, walking one corner of the lap. I got an 8mins. 33secs. I failed still. Sad part, I had cut about two minutes from my old mile time. B*tch still wouldn't give it to me. >.>

04-21-2009   #11 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

^I'm tiny too~ but i have a lot of stamina for some reason. I didn't really mind it until today, because it was really too much for anyone to bear. I thought someone would've hyperventilated. For those people that don't live in California, are you guys getting strange weather patterns? Apparently today's temperature was in the high 90's, tomorrow will be high 80's, thursday will be low 80's, and friday will be low 60's with a high chance of rain. o.o

i also found out i got sunburned for the first time ever. D:
i always thought that my first sunburn would be at a beach, not in my highschool gym class...

04-21-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
I remember them calling this a "cooldown lap" or some crap like that when I was in high school. But then again I only picked it for one of my courses due to the fact I loathed the home economics teacher for being a fat pig of a woman, and the "social education" teacher for being off her rocker and not in a good way. That and PE had enough theory for me to fall asleep in and barely have to do anything till final exam for it.
Cool down never really cools you down.
Also, warmup lap = 3 laps. THEN you run the mile, 4 laps. and then you "cool down" with another 3. Hated PE, but it kept me in shape: College is so bad for your health =p

It was pushing 40 on monday. THAT was ridiculous. Wasn't as bad today, only 32.

Last edited by SilentSaber; 04-21-2009 at 09:22 PM.

04-21-2009   #13 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

I'll be hitting the Gym everyday as soon as i get into college. What i hope is that my metabolism will slow down enough at age 20 so that i can actually gain weight, but i will already be in the habit of working out so that i don't have to go through that period where you look at yourself in the mirror and say"When did i get so big!?"

04-21-2009   #14 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Well I have always disliked P.E. lol, I remember I always used to skip it.

04-22-2009   #15 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

I hate sports when it's ****ing hot outside, really. Who wants to run 5 laps under the sun when it's 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit)?
NOTE: 3 Laps + Me = Already crawling.

Last edited by Milkshakes; 04-22-2009 at 12:04 PM.

04-22-2009   #16 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

I almost laughed when you said only 6 people in your class could run an 8 minute mile. America really is fat. ):

04-22-2009   #17 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

All the guys in my class run like a 5-6 minute mile. I'm the slowest in my class. 83

04-22-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Wow, that sounds terrible. Can't you complain to some school board?

I'm glad my gym class wasn't like that. Though I do remember running miles around the school in subzero weather (the teacher said it would get us moving faster *PROTIP: It didn't* )
The time doesn't seem too bad- I remember in my HS everyone had to run a mile in under 10 minutes by the end of the year - at the end of the year there was one girl who was like 5 minutes slower than everyone else... she came in at 13 mins. ._.; I think they passed her out of pity.

Kitty Empire Forever

04-22-2009   #19 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

lol how do you know how much is exactly a mile ?

04-22-2009   #20 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

well, everyone's time's were decreased by like 2 minutes due to fatigue and possibly overheating. i barely got under 8 minutes.

They have that wheelbarrel type thing that measures how much by the rotations in the wheels.