Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
Loves hiatuses

XenociderHavok has disabled reputation
Class: Paizuri
Level: DFO 12, LS 7
Guild: AradMafia or w/e
Thumbs down The GC forums are atrocious...

Ok given that the grand chase community is bad enough, the official forums have to be the primal source of elitist bigotry (bad syntax ftw) ive ever seen since the dawn of gamespot forums. The overall scope of how bad it is I still think I haven't seen yet. Sure there are a few decent posters, but they are the silent civilians compared to the outspoken force of smug that is present now. A couple issues that concerned me..

What is a the point of the suggestions forum?

Granted it's not for users to dictate whether or not they are right or wrong, but just about EVERY submission is rejected. Fan input on how anything can be made better will always be rejected on anything occasionally but this takes the cake. Nothing is acceptable because fan input will somehow "destroy the purpose and integrity of the game period". Take for example the frequently suggested trading system. Input from others usually contain how Ntreev would lose money (trust me...this is Ntreev, they would NOT do anything that would cost them money), how begging would increase (like begging is that much of an issue) and how the game would be that much more divided on issues of cooperation and helping or "do it yourself" advisers. Some points have been stated out such as some quests for obtaining certain characters have items to collect that can be traded to others so that they can have a shorter quest. This is however negated by the fact that...well..WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE GIVE THOSE ITEMS AWAY!? They are already difficult to obtain by virtue that the drop rates are insane, not to mention that the number of that particular you have to collect is outrageous enough (for example, again, the trunk issue with unlocking Ryan). The overall length it takes to complete the quest is enough to deter anyone from trading those items in, especially if they really want the character. So that point is null. Other suggestions to the game were related to the practice mode in virtue of having to try out all available classes BEFORE unlocking them. Zamte has debated with one user who dictated that the classes should be earned before you can try them out anyways. Zamte's point was why work hard for a class that could potentially piss you off because the quest was hard and the class was not worth it at all. Thats how I felt. It's a good point and other versions are doing this already. But ofcourse the person debates it is Ntreev's choice of what they want to do. Simply put...the user is only rejecting the idea in blind support of the company simply because "he's tired of so-called whiners".
Because of the lack of a trading system and practice mode commodities, the community has developed an outrageous mentality of hardwork.....despite the fact that millions of them cash everything they've got now. How the hell can you preach hardwork when your paycheck covers it? Before anyone comments on that, there are several jobs where people can just sit on their asses and still get payed tons. Not every job is hard nor is any real exertion needed. (unless you were a stock laborer or something of that sort... like I was Q_Q...my back) Back to the point...

Cashing doesn't make you BETTER than everyone that does GP.

It's a shame really. You can't go a day without seeing at least one thread asking why GPers hate Cashers and one of the responses say "They are jealous of you" or otherwise. When threads like this arise, it feels like watching a bunch of hybrid car owners at a comic book convention declaring how better they are at preserving their environment. Granted cashers are part of the reason why Ntreev is still publishing the game servers (and why they get away with so many money schemes ala gacha). Maybe I can/can't sum up why this is. When I went into a dungeon room and a level 25 user enters in while the room limit is 35+ (meaning HIGHER than 35 since he can't seem to understand) I tell him beat it, and he goes on saying "I can beat this dungeon cause my stats are higher than yours, I should be in this room more than you". I kick him because I know he's going to try and show off, then he starts harassing me in whispers. The guy has a butt load of cash items nearly taking him to 600 on all ADV stats, while my GP stats are in the 400s. Thats hard to swallow on any account, but whats worse is he's actually touting his higher cash gained stats simply because I told him he was below the level limit. Its like users of mac computers. All lacking the capacity to shut the hell up! (No offense to mac users here). There's a slew of cash users that do this on any given basis, and it's infuriating. What goes on here is basically them touting their superiority to GP players simply because of the amount of ill-will they generate towards themselves. Its the same sh** basically. Thread is about a user that complains about cashers and they go on the smug train to self destruction that is the superiority complex. The truth is people who cash have it easy and they boast about the simplicity of their character/Job quests and then use the cop out argument of how they keep the game alive just to shut them up. Granted there are benefits to GP quests. Doing millions of dungeon runs is a good way to get exp. points and level up, not to mention at some point you can get rare drops (pegesus armor for my ryan yay ). But in this day in age, people dont care anymore. They want stuff now and the way Ntreev handles the quests, this civil war will continue for days on end.

Thats all I wanted to get off my chest.

Just me imagining myself killing GC's GM's.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

you probably already know this but the sycophants in the suggestion forum you mention are all just OOOH OOH GM LOOK AT ME

03-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Thanks for this reminder of why fansites exist and will always have value.

GM involvement in official communities is somewhat of a catch 22. On one hand, when there is no GM involvement, the forums are poorly moderated and people get away with some pretty idiotic things. On the other hand, when GMs are involved, you get the "OOOH OOH GM LOOK AT ME" people (as Ethane put it).

Typically speaking, an official forum community is full of elitists, whiners, GM kissasses, or complete idiots. Granted, not every user of an official forum falls under one of these categories and every official forum community has its own ratio of trash to useful members so this is not a complete representation of every official forum out there (inb4TOforumlolraid).

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

03-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
Loves hiatuses

XenociderHavok has disabled reputation
Class: Paizuri
Level: DFO 12, LS 7
Guild: AradMafia or w/e

GM kissasses

I must sig that for awesome.

Just me imagining myself killing GC's GM's.

03-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

lol gc forums... i haven't been there since my ban, and i'm a much happier person because of it!

just use the gc section here, and ignore the spam in the chat if you continue to play. Also, avoid the gaikoz server right after a patch