Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games
MapleStoryS4 LeagueEden Eternal

Yukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Aokawa
Default Vector Calculus

My professor pretty much rushes through the material and doesn't even bother explaining how he came up with those equations, and how those equations are related to the concepts.

And now, I am so confused and having such a hard time finishing my homework. And reading the textbook is no help either, because the explanations the book gives are incredibly hard to understand.

Professor, would you please explain how you came up with those equations instead of telling us to just memorize them? Please? T_T

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

seriously
the examples given in my textbook don't help T.T

02-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Try this: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Or you can ask me and I can try to answer, hohoho.

02-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
LolWut?

TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road

I really hate teachers that don't stop and actually teach and rush through everything without people even understanding the curriculum....=_=

02-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehAwesomo
I really hate teachers that don't stop and actually teach and rush through everything without people even understanding the curriculum....=_=
that's college for ya LOL

02-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
LolWut?

Ahhh I figured....D:

02-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
KUUUUUUPOOOOOO

KNEEofJUSTICE is on a distinguished road
IGN: Eyo
Class: Spearman lu_sieg
Guild: Moogles - Atlantica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehAwesomo
This summed up Calc II pretty well for me.

02-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games

Yukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber

OH MY GOD! Thank you very much! This is exactly the kind of help that I've been looking for! Thank you! >.<

You are now officially one of my saviors!

Last edited by Yukipyon; 02-08-2009 at 11:21 PM.

02-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Do what I do: Don't do it.

Or... just don't. I hate my lesson now, I can't understand a thing, they go too fast.

02-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammiepuu
Do what I do: Don't do it.
Umm... I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but...

...I just paid about $20,000 for a year in my university. I wouldn't want all that money to go to waste. Besides, I'm here because I want to be here, and because I want to get my Computer Science degree so I can start training as a software engineer. ^.^;

Sorry if I sounded too mean, but...

Not doing your work in college = Wasting your money

02-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushe
Umm... I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but...

...I just paid about $20,000 for a year in my university. I wouldn't want all that money to go to waste. Besides, I'm here because I want to be here, and because I want to get my Computer Science degree so I can start training as a software engineer. ^.^;

Sorry if I sounded too mean, but...

Not doing your work in college = Wasting your money
It was a joke not to be taken serious of.

You could always try and consult quick notes on the internet or read your books/notes until you understand.

02-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Dragonfly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly
IGN: Dragonfly
Class: Tia
Level: 67
Guild: Fusion

Usually in college, the class go extremely class because it is like a year of high school classes packed into less than half a year. Like my calculus 4 class goes through about 2 or more chapters each class rushing through all the materials.

There are several ways to solve this:
1. There is usually a syllabus for each class saying what will be taught in that class on that day. You should read about it before class starts so you will understand a bit when they start teaching.
2. Go for extra help. There are tons of TAs and teachers that are willing to help you understand.
3. Do homework with other friends. Its a good way to get new friends every semester. Find some people and do homework with them. I find this extremely useful since you guys can teach each other.
4. I really don't recommend this but look up the answer for the homework. But don't just blindly copy it. See how the problem is done and try to understand it completely and try to do it on your own after looking at part of the solutions.

Its better to get on top of things before midterms come and you will be unable to cram in time. Also, don't try to do Calc 4 homework two hours before its due. ; - ;

*goes back to panicking about my hw and the quiz in class*

02-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I stay far, far away from Math (only come into contact with it in Statistics lol) so I can't really comment, but I usually try to figure out stuff myself. If I can't, then either 1) ask a friend, or 2) email the lecturer or a TA. Usually by (2) the problem gets solved.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

02-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Eventually we'll be trying to cram all the years of a subject in high school in half a year. WOOT for setting sail for fail.

....We REALLY need to balance things out better by making elementary school faster.

Elementary: 50% speed
Middle: 75% speed
High: 100% speed
College/University: 200% speed

FFFF....see that 2x increase?

02-09-2009   #15 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Eventually we'll be trying to cram all the years of a subject in high school in half a year. WOOT for setting sail for fail.

....We REALLY need to balance things out better by making elementary school faster.

Elementary: 50% speed
Middle: 75% speed
High: 100% speed
College/University: 200% speed

FFFF....see that 2x increase?

Are you even in college/university?

02-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicks
Are you even in college/university?
Nope. The college/university one was based off of Dragonfly's post, which is basically 2x the speed ._.

02-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Dragonfly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly
IGN: Dragonfly
Class: Tia
Level: 67
Guild: Fusion

Well look at it this way, the average amount of days a year in school is around 180 days and usually class meets every single day.

Lets take one class for this example. Calculus AB AP is an advance placement class you can take in high school. This class is equivalent to a Calculus 1 class in college.

So if you take it in high school, you will get a rough estimate of 180 days to learn all the materials. If you take it in college, you don't meet everyday. In my school, Calculus 1 only meets 2 times a week in a semester.

So thats like 30 days to learn something in college when you can learn it in high school in 180 days.

Moral of story: Stack on as much APs as you can in high school and do well on them so you will feel a lot better in college.

02-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber

I love you more than I can express in words .-.<3

02-09-2009   #19 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
Well look at it this way, the average amount of days a year in school is around 180 days and usually class meets every single day.

Lets take one class for this example. Calculus AB AP is an advance placement class you can take in high school. This class is equivalent to a Calculus 1 class in college.

So if you take it in high school, you will get a rough estimate of 180 days to learn all the materials. If you take it in college, you don't meet everyday. In my school, Calculus 1 only meets 2 times a week in a semester.

So thats like 30 days to learn something in college when you can learn it in high school in 180 days.

Moral of story: Stack on as much APs as you can in high school and do well on them so you will feel a lot better in college.

Yes, all you current high school and future high school students, listen to this person. What he/she says is very true!

I took AP Calculus back in high school, so I had no trouble with Calculus II in college. However, Calculus III (Vector/Multivariable Calculus) introduces A LOT of new concepts that are not covered in high school Calculus classes, that's why it's kinda hard to keep up.

02-09-2009   #20 (permalink)
LolWut?

Based on what I have heard, the schools should really speed up the curriculum in schools. If not then a lot of people will keep getting screwed....