Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-09-2009   #21 (permalink)
No good next to diamonds
Games
Neo SteamValkyrie SkyTrickster OnlineTribal Wars

JoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud of
IGN: Pinfire
Level: 50

Just wait until you get to Green's Theorem and that junk. Whole ton of fun.

FFFF you Mr. Green

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-09-2009   #22 (permalink)
LolWut?

TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint

FFFF you Mr. Green
sounds extremely fun...I lol'd at Mr.green o_o

02-09-2009   #23 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games
MapleStoryS4 LeagueEden Eternal

Yukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Aokawa

Quote:

FFFF you Mr. Green
lol, I can't wait! XD

T_T

02-09-2009   #24 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

Yeah, I experienced similar pain in physical chemistry (quantum mechanics) when our professor got into multi-variable calc, three dimensional integrals, and linalg all at the same time. I hadn't taken anything past AP Calc BC, so I had to do a lot of catchup work. Things got worse when a group of about 8 of us spent 15 hours + on one HW assignment of 5 problems.

Some general advice:
Don't worry. If you think it's tough, the rest of the class is struggling to keep it together too. The curve will save you, or at least, you'll do okay in the class after the curve. In the case that there is no curve, ask around your class, work in groups, and look for a smart person to latch on to. Even better, look for someone who can explain the material (not necessarily the smartest in the class). Often once you get a fundamental grasp of the subject, it's easier to build on that knowledge.

Alternatively, you could post some HW problems or sample stuff to the HW Help conference, and I'm sure someone can give you a hand.

02-09-2009   #25 (permalink)
LolWut?

TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road

I like to refer to friends more than posting on the general forums o_o. Other then that I just study hard and do my best work effort.

02-09-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

Quote:
Green's theorem wouldn't have been bad at all if we were taught the divergence theorem first. They both make a lot more sense if you think about them as if they were real-world object with some fluid bound in the region. The amount of fluid going through the boundaries of a volume has to be equal to the amount of fluid exiting the volume. That's basically what Green's/Divergence theorem say.
Instead they'll just tell you to memorize some random formula (Green's) that you won't understand until you do the same formula a month later in 3D.

02-10-2009   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

heh. Math and physics is like a secret society: things are explained on a need to know basis only. Ask any professor why a theorem or equation does what it does, and you'll be told to not worry about it. heh heh.

Also, college is quite a bit faster than high school, especially classes that have you covering 8 chapters in 10 weeks. (quarter system: 10 x 3 = 30 hours/quarter, compared to the weeks in semester x 5 = [lots] hours/semester. Counselors say you need 3 or more hours of study time for one hour of lecture. lol.)

02-10-2009   #28 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Muley is on a distinguished road

I struggled with that too, and in end, in my job, I don't even need to use that, since programs do it for me. But what I did at that time was to get a group of friends, and hire a senior who had been through those classes. It made things easier.

02-11-2009   #29 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Vectors aren't really too difficult, honestly.

The idea is that a vector is anything defined by two things: direction and distance. Post in the homework section and I'll try to help you out.

EDIT: lol SilentSaber, my Botany course has actually covered about 10 chapters in 4 weeks. ._.

02-12-2009   #30 (permalink)
I love you

Milano has disabled reputation
IGN: Miya
Class: Italian
Level: 22
Guild: Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushe
My professor pretty much rushes through the material and doesn't even bother explaining how he came up with those equations, and how those equations are related to the concepts.

And now, I am so confused and having such a hard time finishing my homework. And reading the textbook is no help either, because the explanations the book gives are incredibly hard to understand.

Professor, would you please explain how you came up with those equations instead of telling us to just memorize them? Please? T_T
Some professors decide to be lazy and give their
students too much independence in learning.
o_o
I had this problem in Physics, sort of.
But instead of him telling us to memorize them,
we happily resorted to the books for help because
he had to correct his calculations 95% of the time,
more than once in each equation.
My best advice is to pair up with someone in your
class, preferably somebody smart, to help you
understand. That's probably the only way you'll
get anywhere with learning the material, lol.

02-12-2009   #31 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

So college and university is 200% faster than high school? Yay. Unfortunately I'm only in grade 9. So I have yet to experience calculus, vectors, parabolas, quadratic equations, chaos theory, golden ratio and etc. Any advice anyone?

02-12-2009   #32 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeance
So college and university is 200% faster than high school? Yay. Unfortunately I'm only in grade 9. So I have yet to experience calculus, vectors, parabolas, quadratic equations, chaos theory, golden ratio and etc. Any advice anyone?
Make it 700%.
I don't understand the C Programming formulas my lecturer is teaching me, even though he went through it about 4 times.

I guess all the lecturers are the same, they just loves to powermow through everything...

This is Kyuubey

02-12-2009   #33 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

I had the exact same problem with my foreign math teacher. |: