Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-26-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight
Default Get a Job!

Ugh thats all I hear nowadays. GET A EFN JOB!

I quit my Job as a Ema about 6 months ago, due to the fact of late night calls and the person I was training was pretty much a dumb ass.

I've had plans to get my Drivers ID and my mom had went to get my SS card which is complete an utter more bullshit. You need a Government Issues ID to get your SS card. Thats why My Mom went to get it for me an they simply told her " Sorry you can't we need your daughter here so she can get it her self" BUT I DON'T HAVE A ID!!! They told my mom that they would ask me a few questions Like, Where was I born, my birth date and how Old I am....... Uhh Pretty much anyone who knows me KNOWS THAT INFORMATION!!! And they wonder my People's Identity is being stolen >_>;

Well I made plans with my mom to take me down there so I could get this crap done an over with, since I already have placed Job Ap's in a few different places. But she's been a lazy fat cow who wants to play POGO On her lap top all day and tend to the needs of my 15 and 16 year old sister.

On top of that, I went into the living room to grab my binder full of my College Sced for Next semester ( I've not deiced yet If I want to go back). And My mom cocks off with " You need to move out your sister is moving in and I need your bed room. I told her " Ugh I will mom once I get my ID" She stated yelling YOU NEED A BLOODY JOB TOO! Not Just you efn Id so you can go ride around!"

I shook my head and told her " Get off your fat ass so I can get my SS Card so I can TAKE MY DRIVERS! AND I CAN PLACE IN MORE APS!" Pretty much ended there when she started yelling about this isnt the Hilton and I just walked away.

Thats not ONLY the issues either. I live in Bum**** Alabama in a small ass town that the only jobs with in a 30 miles radius are, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway Other fast food, A Chinese Buffet a Mexican Diner ( I know the owners ) and WAL-MART! I won't work fast food because the smell of Grease makes me sick. I would work at the Chinese Buffet If I COULD UNDERSTAND THEM! Srsly they know maybe 10 words in English and the rest of the time they're ranting in Chinese. My Spanish is okay for the other place but their son pissed me off last New years that I broke his nose and busted his lip.

So my only other option is Wal-mart, I'd work Wal-mart I've been with my cousin helping her re-stock stuff, pretty simple ,easy but I need a bloody ID before I can go an place my Ap in. My friend that I used to work with said once I place my Ap in she'd put good word in for me hoping that I'd get the job int he games since she knows I'm completely obsessed with games and I helped her pick out games for her kids before.

But I can't do anything till I get my ID and my mother wont get off her fat ass >< I have another way which is my best friend Jake but he's going away for a month for MOS training and he's out of a job and can't afford to drive to Auburn, but srsly Its efn pissing me off so badly atm. I'm being told wtf to do yet have NO WAY OF DOING IT >< GD IT STFU AND TAKE ME D<

/Rant.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-26-2008   #2 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

aim high air force

06-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
Banned

bumbaloe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bumbaloe

tl;dr version: You were too lazy to go out and get a Driver's License/job, and now your mom is too lazy to go out and help you.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Live the golden rule."?

06-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbaloe
tl;dr version: You were too lazy to go out and get a Driver's License/job, and now your mom is too lazy to go out and help you.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Live the golden rule."?
how can you be so harsh

don't you realise the world owes her everything

06-26-2008   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
how can you be so harsh

don't you realise the world owes her everything
For once, Ethane, I agree with you.

That is, if you're being sarcastic.

06-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

wait edit yes I was being sarcastic

sarcasm ends here

apparently she was in college and quit, for the first time in my life (and after doing the military thing) I can finally afford to go

06-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
wait edit yes I was being sarcastic

sarcasm ends here

apparently she was in college and quit, for the first time in my life (and after doing the military thing) I can finally afford to go
e

People that quit college then complain that they can't get a job make me orz.

06-26-2008   #8 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

It's that wonderful sense of entitlement that Americans are raised with nowadays, no wonder the rest of the world is critical of us

06-26-2008   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It's that wonderful sense of entitlement that Americans are raised with nowadays, no wonder the rest of the world is critical of us
e I don't get it

06-26-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie

Lol, I wasn't lazy, alot of other factors played into it for instance my Jeep has only one head light and a busted tail light, also I need my SS card, Which to laws changing thats all bs.And the fact I couldn't get my ID till I was 18 >_> ( Probation sucks) Also My Jeep is in atl since my dad has been driving it and leaving it at the yard where he works So I've had no car to go do so? And my mom sure in hell won't let me drive her car.
Also I have no ID, thus Driving without one would get me into trouble anyways So yeah I kinda need my mom to take me. Also I didn't quit college I changed my mind in what I wanted to do, was taking classes in to be a lab tech but I took a year off to re-decide my option. I don't like the idea of finishing my studies and five years down the road I hate what I'm doing. So I'm setting up classes to retake so I can go back to school to become a Science Teacher. I'm not complaining that I can't get a job, because I can and I know what steps are needed to do so. I just have to depend on a lazy woman who doesn't have a job and complains that we're broke.

@ Ethane, No I will not join any military classes. My family has tried to push me into that and thats not something I wish to do.

Last edited by Ashie; 06-26-2008 at 03:01 PM.

06-26-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

uhh, i don't exactly get this, you are presumably 18+ since you were in college but you want your mother to get off your back about getting a job, you are debating quitting college and you want your mom to apparently drive you around to get your ID.... uhh so uhh.. do you want to be 15?
How long do you expect your mom to take care of you while you put no effort in to take care of yourself? o.O

Kitty Empire Forever

06-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
uhh, i don't exactly get this, you are presumably 18+ since you were in college but you want your mother to get off your back about getting a job, you are debating quitting college and you want your mom to apparently drive you around to get your ID.... uhh so uhh.. do you want to be 15?
How long do you expect your mom to take care of you while you put no effort in to take care of yourself? o.O
QFT.

Also, you can get a driver's license even if your jeep has 1 headlight out, just drive during the day, e?

Or just get it fixed, but wait, you don't have any money since you don't have a job :x

06-26-2008   #13 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Do you live in town or in the boonies? I can understand the whole drivers license thing if you live like 5 or more miles out of town

if not, walking never killed anyone, I live in a town exactly like you do (down to the one chinese place where nobody speaks english and the wal mart) and I can walk across the entire town in fifteen minutes

06-26-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Aleeex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Aleeex
IGN: Aleeex
Class: Mage/Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: 20
Guild: AkatSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
I think she will start taking care of herself when her mom gets a job?

Just wondering...

Leenalia (sorry that you accidentally became a male )

Other creatures

Currently halting all attempts at raising more dragons due to full quota of dead hatchlings
(Already have more than 10 dead'uns, don't want more)

Focusing on keeping my sanity.
Insanity progress paused at four "me"

06-26-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

@Medoria, I've had my own job, as started before I quit for reason that I could not deal with anymore. Ever since then I've been re looking. I don't depend on my mother at all in al honesty, I've done a few jobs when you never know when you're gonna work or you get laid off as quick as you started. And when I did work my pay check went to my mom not me, which she spent mostly on crap from e-bay our buying pageant dresses for my sisters.

@bumbaloe, Yeah driving at day time, I know that but my tail light is busted and my turn signal doesn't work. Also My Jeep is in ATL from Sunday-Saturday. Thus leaving me time to work on my Jeep only on the weekends and we're tight on money so I can't go out and buy the parts as I need them Hence wanting to get a job.

@Ethane, Pretty much the next down that holds the Drivers Test etc is Auburn thats 60 miles away and the other town is a good 40 miles away. Can't really walk that

06-26-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeex
I think she will start taking care of herself when her mom gets a job?

Just wondering...
what does her mom having or not having a job have to do with her taking care of herself?

Kitty Empire Forever

06-26-2008   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
@bumbaloe, Yeah driving at day time, I know that but my tail light is busted and my turn signal doesn't work. Also My Jeep is in ATL from Sunday-Saturday. Thus leaving me time to work on my Jeep only on the weekends and we're tight on money so I can't go out and buy the parts as I need them Hence wanting to get a job.
Tight on money? Stop sending money on smoking :x

Also, I think Ethane meant walk to where you would be working? Which what I understand is in your town, not 40-60 miles away :x

06-26-2008   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

My smoking habits has nothing to do with why we're tight on money.

My dad's truck broke down 3 times this year an had to be repaired, also the payment on his truck, Back taxes needed to be paid. Thats not including the money spend to feed our eight horses and our 12 beagles. ( I live on a Farm )

And the town that had all the places I listed that I COULD work at is 15 miles away from where I live. Because in Wadley all there is,is 1 gas station and Plantation Patterns ( I worked there and got laid off)

06-26-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

So... exactly which parts did you guys skim through before going "loltl;drlolnub"?

Cliff's Notes:

1) Everything she needs to get done (any form of work, Driver's License, SS Card) is anywhere from 15-60 miles away from her, the Driver's License being the furthest.
2) She wants a job.
3) Her mom wants her to get a job.
4) She needs both a Driver's License and an SS Card for this.
5) To get the SS Card, she needs her Driver's License.
6) To get the Driver's License, her mom needs to take her to get it.
7) I'm making a bold assumption here, but if she could ask someone else to take her for this, she would.
8) Her mom's doing everything but taking her to get this done.
9) She asks her mom to take her.
10) Her mom says get a job.
11) Repeat 2-11.

06-26-2008   #20 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

There are alternatives to legal jobs that are a lot more lucrative

I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation. I did the crummy service jobs while I was in high school and have been able to avoid them since. Even though money is important settling on jobs like Walmart will just leave you poor forever.