LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-12-2013   #1 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default Pressure Changes and Mother Nature

I live in a city where we undergo intense pressure changes which greatly affect the climate. These chinooks usually arrive for a brief moment to give us a day or two of spring during the winter, then disappear and we return to snow filled days. These periods are usually nice as the snow can melt a bit and people can more easily shovel and plow the roads.

However we've had this chinook (or combination of them) for at least a full week now. It's still scheduled to be here for another several days or longer.

Why is this a problem? Because intense climate and pressure changes cause severe side effects, the most common of which are migraines. These migraines can NOT be prevented, they can NOT be cured, are they cause serious problems!

Aside from the intense agony that makes sleeping a bitch, some people vomit and some people lose their eyesight, among many other things.

I've been blind in my left eye now for several days, my right eye is very blurred. I'm afraid to leave the house in fear of getting hit by a car that I can't ****ing see.
One guy is reported to being blind entirely and he's being drugged up to try and weaken the effects. Which does help to some degree.

Worst off is that this affects everyone, so accidents have likely risen with people having blurred or impaired vision, lack of sleep, and all around edginess from the pain.

I swear to god I want to put a ****ing gun to my head if I have to stay this way for another week. Mother nature has put me through enough shit already as this happened not long after I survived a brush with meningitis.
Seriously, **** mother nature and her making our lives a living hell.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-14-2013   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, that really is horrible, Light. I hope you're doing fine and feeling better now. How often does this usually happen in the winter for where you live?

12-14-2013   #3 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

It's a pretty random occurrence. Sometimes they're unnoticeable, other times they have side effects such as these.

A friend of mine is suffering nosebleeds and minor earaches from it. We both agree it's one of the longest and most painful chinooks to have happened in the past 10 years.

Medication takes the edge off so I feel fine while it's working, but I'm often in bed trying to tolerate the pain and resisting the urge to vomit.

12-14-2013   #4 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch man, I hear you. While I can't totally relate, I was on metformin (generic for glucophage), and I wasn't properly tested for diabetes, so it ****ed me up (especially since I was on 500mg twice a day). I would pass out a lot, and my glucose levels would be around the 45 ~ 60 range, combined with really bad heart burn, it was the worst pains I've ever experienced.

So yeah, I can definitely sympathize. I'm glad the medication helps, but take it easy, alright? I really hope the weather gets much better for you soon!

12-18-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
La Tale

Saitosen is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds terrifying. But so interesting... The eyesight loss isn't permanent, right? If it isn't, then it'd be something to experience. Not that I'd willingly give myself up to chinook syndrome.

12-18-2013   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitosen
Sounds terrifying. But so interesting... The eyesight loss isn't permanent, right? If it isn't, then it'd be something to experience. Not that I'd willingly give myself up to chinook syndrome.
If it were permanent then I wouldn't be here. It's an interesting experience but you don't enjoy it.

Your eyes always remain straight and you rely heavily on either touch, or in my case sounds to determine where you are. Apparently my sister did stuff in front of me and would try to get me to flinch, but it was like I was asleep with my eyes open.

But not all of this was the chinook either, it lasted longer than it should have. That's because it turns out I had the little brother of meningitis, called sinusitis, which I likely got because I had the former.

01-09-2014   #7 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

More Chinooks on the way, another one tomorrow!

Everyone is fed up. The guy at the cash register even bitched about it with me for a good few minutes last night.
It would be nice to think straight for more than a day before things go to shit again.