Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-08-2013   #1 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default Overall incompetence of the postal service

I've been sitting here waiting for my package to arrive since my tracking says it's out for delivery since 11:36.
I never left the house just in case he comes by early. Finally I was preparing supper and getting fed up, so I refreshed the page and it says:

"16:26 - Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up."

Attempted my ****ing ass, you didn't even leave me a notice card or bother to ring the doorbell on the off chance I may actually be here!
Sadly this is starting to become a common theme, as mailmen don't actually deliver packages, instead they lug their asses from house to house pretending to do their job so they can get home to their alcohol faster.

This pisses me off to no end. Now I have to call every single post office in the area to learn where my package is being stored so I can pick it up before it's returned to sender. (Don't even get me started on them sending my packages to another house entirely, which has also happened.)

**** all the lazy post office workers out there, you have just one job to do, and you can't even do it right.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-08-2013   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Packages get delivered here around 8am so 95% of the time I never get them on time because this bitch is not getting up at 8am for a package. But at least Canada's postal system isn't as bad as America's. Back at home, my mail comes ~5pm. If it comes that is. Some days we just don't get mail. We once went a week without mail and then suddenly our mailbox was like seeping with letters & etc.

10-09-2013   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Postmen don't even know my house has a doorbell...

Every other person, friend/family/stranger uses the doorbell, but when it comes to postmen they do not notice it at all **** knows why

10-09-2013   #4 (permalink)
/╲╭( ͡ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ͡)╮╱\
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutROHAN: Blood FeudWonderKing Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerLooterPervert Award

Shanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond repute
Level: butts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardar
Back at home, my mail comes ~5pm. If it comes that is. Some days we just don't get mail. We once went a week without mail and then suddenly our mailbox was like seeping with letters & etc.
Pretty much all of this. I just got a package two days ago at 7pm. However, whether its USPS, FedEx or UPS, they've always knocked super loud for a signed package.

10-16-2013   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

I just received a government letter today. It was sent on the 5th and apparently had an 11 day delay getting here.

I have to reply to this in less than 7 days from now. Thanks for the advance notice assholes, why can't the mail get here at a reasonable time period? It's a government letter for christ sake.

Now I have to not only write up this document ASAP, but I have to get express shipping and pray to god it gets there on time and that the mailman doesn't **** it up.

I can't wait till everything becomes digital.

10-16-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

The Postal Service in NY is awesome, I usually get stuff earlier than I expected.

10-18-2013   #7 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Lets sacrifice Griever to the postal god.

10-18-2013   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

I called the government about the letter and I didn't have to do it after. They were a bit surprised the mail got to me so late... YOU THINK?!

Got a final package on the way, they better not screw me again or I'm going postal on their asses.

10-23-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Sayde is an unknown quantity at this point

It going digital won't be much of an improvement. It just means that you can track their incompetence even more, and you still won't get your package. It took me over a week staring at the tracking code... actually, excuse me. Just thinking about my postal experience (it was just this Monday) makes me so angry.

10-23-2013   #10 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

I received another package yesterday, but fortunately it was actually delivered on time and at my door! *Gasp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayde
It going digital won't be much of an improvement.
Having the option to receive government & business documents instantly via their web service /w notification E-Mail would be a nice improvement. I hate how I constantly get letters far later than the government realizes. At one time I was expected to get a document from the hospital and send it to the government in less than 3 days. Why? Because the letter arrived extremely late. It wasn't happening, and I got a penalty for it. Thanks Obama Stephen Harper.

Quote:
It just means that you can track their incompetence even more, and you still won't get your package. It took me over a week staring at the tracking code.
I'm actually baffled at customs clearance when I track packages. From the US to Canada it takes 24~72 hours to clear. Whereas international packages take 6~12 hours from my experience. That's complete bullshit.

Why does it take so long for border exchanging of boxes? If it's because there are so many packages, then they need to really increase their number of staff. I'm tired of ordering a package on express shipping, only to receive it several days later than it should be, all because of customs at the US border.

Sadly not every place uses courier, because at least their US to Canada border clearance times are very fast at 2~6 hours, with a brokerage inspection (rare) lasting 24 hours maximum.

10-25-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Sayde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I received another package yesterday, but fortunately it was actually delivered on time and at my door! *Gasp*
Whoa! That's astounding. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I'm actually baffled at customs clearance when I track packages.
This is pretty much the summary of my postal experience.

10-31-2013   #12 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

Here's my horror story.

I ordered this really cute Pikmin Tote Bag on Club Nintendo so I ordered it. I'm currently living with my boyfriend 99.9% of the time so I had it shipped to his place. Well we were home one Monday, both of us had the day off, and we wander outside at noon and have a failure to deliver, because my name wasn't on the mailbox, and there were 'attempts to ring/knock on the door'. Well, we were definitely home and heard none of that. The slip says it'll be available the next day after 10am.

So next day, I stop by around 2:45. I wait about 20 minutes for them to check the mail room for my package. The man comes back saying "Oh, he brought it out for delivery attempt again". So again, nothing. Why in the hell would you tell me to pick it up the next day after 10am if you were going to bring it out again. My name isn't on the mailbox because I'm not a rent-paying resident (yet). The thing is, I've had other packages delivered to the door no problem. This is like a 10 dollar tote bag they wouldn't leave, but my 200$ 3DS was delivered no problem.

I eventually got it the following week, but I was mostly irritated that A. No real attempt to deliver was made (ideally he would've knocked and been like well write your name down sometime, and ask for a sign or IDs or something), B. I was told my package would be in the post office, after 10am, and went out of my way to be there the following day, and it wasn't there.

Post offices, man.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

11-13-2013   #13 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

My package arrived at the local post office on Saturday.
They didn't send it on Monday which is understandably a national holiday.

They didn't send it on Tuesday for no apparent reason, and they're not sending it out today because **** you.

What are they keeping the ****ing thing for themselves?! Are they just planning to delay it just to further piss me off more when it comes to the postal service?

I was pleased to see it was nearby on Saturday, hoping to get it on Tuesday. Now I'm debating if I'm even going to get it this week while someone laughs and continues jerking me around some more.

Seriously what the ****!

----

On a side note, my stepfather didn't receive his package after waiting 2 months of "Processing" message.
Back in 2006 my mother had lost 6 packages sending from one province to another.

11-15-2013   #14 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

The postal system in Canada sounds like it's pretty horrible, no offense. It seems to me as though it's a combination of inefficiently constructed and incompetent. Over here the postmen would just drop the package next to your doorstep to pick up. Or at the very least, the would knock before presuming the homeowner isn't there to pick things up.

It's a waste energy to go the same location twice in row for no reason what-so-ever other than fumble about in front of someone's house and to waste storage on old, undelivered, packages.

12-03-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/23...clipId=9499861

anyways, i had several packages not delivered myself, or rather the postal guy doesn't even bother to knock and just leaves a notice which is the most annoying thing.

there was also one time when they delivered a package to the wrong house and someone else signed my name, that was a fun time.

01-21-2014   #16 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Got the same result from FedEx today. Defeats the point of express shipping when they slip you a tag and don't try.

I called in to get the guy turned around, the lady had the nerve to say "They always buzz in" but I have records of when that happens. No record for today, so shove it. Because of that, he was given instructions to turn back..

Ten minutes later I get a call. The guy was too far to turn back. So I spent a majority of my day at home for nothing, wasting my time when I could have gone out with friends. At least they called me back to let me know; Plus they said they'd call me tomorrow with the exact time range for him to be here, so I don't waste my entire day.

How nice of them... but learn to deliver the first fucking time.