Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-18-2013   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default So very tired of shooting games.

Every gamer is allowed to have their own preferences and opinions on games, and here's mine. I'm so tired of playing shooting games. I really am. I grew up playing the N64 and PS1. Not super old consoles, but decently old. As of right now, all I have for console gaming is a PS3. It honestly seems like 90% of all PS3 games are shooters. It's getting under my skin heavily. My preference lies with fantasy/RPG/etc. games. Games like the Disgaea series, Final Fantasy series, or dungeon crawlers like Diablo or something like that. I've never liked shooters because, to me, shooters depict the real world and I don't like games where realism is involved, really. The only shooter I've managed to not hate is Borderlands 2, and that's only because it's kind of a RPG + shooter in one.

I'm just sick of it. I swear, it's like it's impossible to make a game nowadays without being able to shoot something. I grew up playing original games. I don't need originality. It's nice, but it's not a requirement. What's required is that every game shouldn't be based around shooting, for me. I grew up around games like Yoshi Story, Mario 64, Banjo & Kazooie series, Crash Bandicoot games, Dark Cloud 1 & 2, things like that. I know a lot of people would more than likely disagree with me (since everyone is entitled to their own opinion and preference on games), but I really cannot take much more of this crap.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-19-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

You should sell your PS3 and get a WII U then :)

08-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

I loathe shooters myself. I can't even tell the difference between any of them because they all have that generic/boring 3D graphics style. That's sadly a big reason why I don't really play games anymore. :(

08-19-2013   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

There are plenty of non-shooters. As disgusting and prolific as copy-pasta shooters are, fortunately for now, there are still choices.

Tales series, Atelier series, Dragon's dogma, Demon/Dark souls, Ni no Kuni, blah blah, list goes on. And that's just including RPGs. At least 50% of the PS3 library is not a shooter. If you are completely adverse to the slightest bit involvement of shooting or guns though, you're going to miss some good games. While 90% of shooters are shit, there are still 10% that are good, like Deus Ex, Vanquish, Fallout 3/NV, Bioshock 1/2, blah blah.

08-19-2013   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

You haven't been looking very hard, at all.
There are a lot of shooters sure, but the past few years (especially this year) have been very good when it comes to non-shooters, especially for PS3.

08-19-2013   #6 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

I have no idea where to look. D: As it stands, I have to shop locally, which sucks. But I'll be able to do online shopping rather soon, so could you (or someone else) point me in the right direction for good places to look?

08-19-2013   #7 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Brick and mortar shops are shit for games, unless they're a small chain, or independent store, along those lines. Most will only stock games appealing to the lowest common denominator. If you want mainstream games, they're fine, but anything other than that, you're usually going to have to look online.

Amazon would be a pretty standard place to start. For cheaper, and a possibly more dubious place, could try Ebay.

08-19-2013   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I like some shooting games (such as SHUMPS), but I assume you're talking about FPS. I, myself, have a dislike for FPS as well. As RoflKnife said and suggested, there's a lot of genres of games available on the PS3 that aren't shooting related; you just have to research.

I'd also suggest Amazon.

08-19-2013   #9 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

The PS3's library is actually mostly not shooters. You just don't live in Japan so you aren't ever going to see those other titles, OHOHO.

08-19-2013   #10 (permalink)
R
"Ecchi" - 10/10 IGN
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you take a look at the PlayStation Network if you haven't already, because there's a huge selection of games you could be playing that aren't shooters. You can get some pretty good deals (discounts and the like) on a lot of them, if you buy PlayStation Plus ($50 for a year). Some games are even free with it. There are tons of PS1/PS2 games on there that you can buy and play, as well.

You're probably aware of this, but Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness comes out on October 8th. And if you're a fan; Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F also becomes a choice on August 27th.

The Atelier series is great, but I suggest anyone to stay away from Ayesha. It's garbage compared to Rorona, Totori and Meruru.

You might like:
Heavenly Sword
Rayman Origins
Okami HD (PSN)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
LittleBigPlanet 2
Sonic Generations
La Pucelle: Tactics (PS2/PSN)
Trinity Universe
Since you liked Borderlands, you might also like the Ratchet & Clank series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valese
You should sell your PS3 and get a WII U then :)
No.

08-27-2013   #11 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

PS3 is getting a decent library that ain't your FPS reality shooter of that sort. Then again IDK how good is "Ar Tonelico III" since I have my sister carrying a library of "hymns" in her iPad Touch. She is also a fan of the Atelier stuff thanks to my Iris I and II copies. (Though I told her to take care of my discs since my desk is like... A mess of stuff on shelves.)

And I only knew Disgaea to the FFXIII saga...

Oooh and yes Star Ocean... (But to have my own opinion, I enjoyed watching SO3 the most.)

I don't like FPS in general too, especially the fear that one of them and "doing well" might be the minor reason why eTO is gone. :I