ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   Nexon's horrible service. (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/122894-nexons-horrible-service.html)

Donges 07-27-2013 06:01 PM

Nexon's horrible service.

Posting this all over Nexon forums so people know my story at least....

Quote:

So I've been quietly just submitting tickets to Nexon for the past year or so, but this is getting freaking ridiculous. Every single event it seems Nexon forgets about my characters. I demand that something be done about this... Keep in mind I've submitted 2+ tickets for all of these...

Here's all the stuff that has happened to me over the last year or so. Keep in mind I do occasionally come back to play Vindictus just to run through the new episode stage and see the new bosses, then I quit till the next story update.

1. Got hacked in Vindictus about 3 years ago now and Nexon gave me $5 of NX to use, but wouldn't let me use it to buy newer stuff out of the cash shop. Ok...

2. Did not receive my free Skill Reset or Class Change coupon from the "Test-drive Your Skills!" event.

3. The very first Jump Event Dragon Nest had, I applied on the website. Nexon said that if you had registered the first day, you would have to again, so I did. Did I receive the character? Nope... (Nexon once again told me they can't help me)

4. The 2nd Jump Event they had that was to connect your Nexon account to Steam, I did that one as well. Still did not receive another free character.

5. The Tinkerer's Chapter 5 ending quest was glitched. Nexon auto closed that ticket, then I submitted another ticket about it. Never got any help with that. Thank God for the community that told me that the NPC you're supposed to talk to isn't the one it's telling you to talk to.

6. The Nexon account that I linked with Steam (for the Jump Event) is now glitched because I changed the email connected to it since then. Now it auto locks in my old email to log in with and will not let me change it. I've submitted tickets to both Nexon and Steam. Both of them telling me to contact the other and Nexon finally telling me that they can't help me. They gave me no reason why.

7. Finally the most recent problem was with the Lv. 60 Challenge Event. "Complete both Nests to receive "The Meteorologist" Title. Guess what I did not receive~ I even received the 2 sparks from the first 2 events, but not the title.

So thanks a lot Nexon for your crappy Customer Service and your awesome ability to overlook my account for pretty much every single event you've ever done in the last year or two. I'll make sure to tell everyone to stay as far away as possible from you guys unless they want to be severely disappointed by not receiving items that they rightfully earn.

I was really looking forward to getting 4 of my characters to level 60 for the free Robo Wings, but seeing as how you screw me out of every other event item, I seriously doubt I would get them even if I had 4 level 60 characters.

Thanks again Nexon for ruining one of my favorite online games. Hope Karma comes back to bite you in the ass sooner rather than later.

P.S. It's been 3 years since my account was hacked and I lost all my items on Vindictus from that massive hack wave where NEXON's SERVERS were breached and leaked our information. They never admitted that it was their fault and there are still many more people who were hacked that have long since quit. I guess Nexon was hoping to just sweep us under the rug. To this day I still have not received any help.

Crave 07-27-2013 06:08 PM

Only 3 years? Novice! I'm going on 7 for mine.

Donges 07-27-2013 06:11 PM

Lawl I cannot even imagine waiting 7 years for an answer. I'd be calling Nexon NA and cussing them out by then probably ~_~

R 07-27-2013 09:03 PM

Maybe you need to write your tickets better. Mine are always answered within 48 hours to a few days. Also, sending in more than one ticket for the same issue isn't going to get you a response any faster. If anything, it'll just delay it.

Reminding them is one thing, but annoying them is another.

kag 07-27-2013 09:13 PM

Nexon, the Exxon for gaming.

Donges 07-27-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rom (Post 1827887)
Maybe you need to write your tickets better. Mine are always answered within 48 hours to a few days. Also, sending in more than one ticket for the same issue isn't going to get you a response any faster. If anything, it'll just delay it.

Reminding them is one thing, but annoying them is another.

I usually submit one every 3~6 months if they don't answer it. For example the hacked Vindictus one has been open 3 years and I've submitted 3 other tickets about it.

So I don't spam the crap out of them or anything...it's just so many issues they're not helping me with =/

Harlequin 07-27-2013 09:43 PM

They're not going to address your Vindictus account any further, serious. As laid out in their ToS and User Agreements, they're really not responsible for shit. Just because you're mad doesn't mean they're gonna try to fix it lol.

Tardar 07-27-2013 10:18 PM

I don't think I've ever had any problem with Nexon's customer service. So it does always baffle me when people say it's bad, but then it makes sense when they show their tickets and they're all "nexon u suk 4 not fix my acc u gay bitches f*** u & ur moms."

Harlequin 07-27-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tardar (Post 1827898)
I don't think I've ever had any problem with Nexon's customer service. So it does always baffle me when people say it's bad, but then it makes sense when they show their tickets and they're all "nexon u suk 4 not fix my acc u gay bitches f*** u & ur moms."

Yeah see I've never really had an issue either. Only one time has my account been compromised, and even then they only took things from MapleStory on the server I don't even play on anymore.

mamoru 07-28-2013 03:02 AM

It's great for you guys that you have never faced any problems with Nexon's support, but have the decency to acknowledge that some people do? I don't understand what you're trying to prove by supplementing your own anecdotes, other than being incredibly dismissive to Mega. Having things going well for you does not translate into Nexon having an amazing customer support system. But the opposite is true too, that just because people have problems with it doesn't mean their support is crappy. That being said, I'm more inclined to believe that the problem lies with Nexon, seeing their track record of not doing shit when a large proportion of the player base gets their accounts compromised nearly simultaneously.

Harlequin 07-28-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1827911)
It's great for you guys that you have never faced any problems with Nexon's support, but have the decency to acknowledge that some people do? I don't understand what you're trying to prove by supplementing your own anecdotes, other than being incredibly dismissive to Mega. Having things going well for you does not translate into Nexon having an amazing customer support system. But the opposite is true too, that just because people have problems with it doesn't mean their support is crappy. That being said, I'm more inclined to believe that the problem lies with Nexon, seeing their track record of not doing shit when a large proportion of the player base gets their accounts compromised nearly simultaneously.

I think they handled their shit a lot better than they had to. I'm sure you recall Sony Online Entertainment and how they handled it when somewhere around 25 million accounts were compromised simultaneously, and several thousand credit/debit cards. They shut down for a month and offered their users free play time equivalent to the amount of time their servers were down. In other words, they really did nothing in recompense, and their players actually subscribe to the service.

Comparatively Nexon, which runs a free to play service, consistently offers SOMETHING each time they have some sort of issue. Granted, more often than not its really not very much, but they're still giving you something that they damn well don't owe. This is the service I've gotten used to in my almost 10 years of using their service.

And Mega, if you really want to know. Sending in a new ticket every couple of months is absolutely not the way to do it. Instead, you should edit your existing tickets. This essentially re-submits your ticket to them, while simultaneously retaining the initial ticket number and date sent. That means that they'll likely prioritize your ticket because they'll realize WOW SHIT HE'S BEEN WAITING SINCE 2011 WHO THE **** NEEDS TO GET FIRED AROUND HERE.

They still probably won't address your compromised account any further than they already have, nor would I expect them to address your issues with the Jump Event at this point, but you could probably get them to eventually address all of the other ones you've listed.

Also as for your issue with Steam, and I'm not sure if this will actually make any difference, but I assume you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

Shadow5YA 07-28-2013 08:38 PM

lol

Nexon is known to be awful. I've never had account problems myself, but it's pretty hard not to notice the large number of people who did.