ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   Stop it with your car stereotypes (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/122748-stop-your-car-stereotypes.html)

Henreh 07-12-2013 09:19 PM

Stop it with your car stereotypes

American cars aren't as shitty as you think they are. Korean cars aren't cheap shit. Japanese cars aren't the most reliable anymore. European cars doesn't mean you're classy. Now stfu and let me pick out my new car in peace. Gd dogmatic parents.

Ethane 07-13-2013 05:12 PM

my favorite car stereotype is Alpine

:toot:

Crave 07-13-2013 06:40 PM

Seems like a BMW driver to me.

Tardar 07-14-2013 03:16 AM

okay but really so many American cars are just flat-out bad

Zero 07-14-2013 07:22 PM

Only reliable brand is Subaru.

Trust me.

Harlequin 07-14-2013 07:47 PM

I haven't really had a bad car experience yet. I've only driven Volvo, Chevrolet, and Buick though, and those are generally all pretty good makes.

Henreh 07-14-2013 09:15 PM

People need to stop using outdated information to assume shit. Car makers have come a long way now. Did you know what my mom said about Nissan cars and why I shouldn't get one? The air conditioners aren't that good and she assumes that because a friend told her. Seriously...the ignorance.

Almora 07-14-2013 10:05 PM

so...are u the one paying for it, or ur parents? .-.

Henreh 07-14-2013 10:29 PM

I'm paying for the down payment. Whatever I have left with my paycheck every month will go to the car.

JoyDivision 07-14-2013 10:37 PM

Have you done a test drive and tried out the AC under heavy load?

Bolter 07-14-2013 11:23 PM

My parents thinks Mercedes is low maintenance though.

Harlequin 07-15-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolter (Post 1826749)

Car maintenance varies from model to model. My girlfriend drives an 08 Honda Civic and it seems like she's having to go back to the dealership every month or so for one issue or another. Meanwhile I drive an 04 Buick LeSabre and basically all I've had to do is change a headlight bulb one time.

Before that, I drove a 99 Volvo S70 and it was basically the same. Replaced a bulb once, replaced the battery once (because the battery that came with the car when they sold it to us was a AAA battery that was one size too small for the car). Even after I had a car accident with it, outside of getting the radiator damage from the accident fixed, there was really nothing to be done about it. I still haven't had the vanity damage repaired but the car functions just fine, same as before.

Henreh 07-17-2013 08:22 PM

I ended up getting a Scion TC. Parents were like..what this is a Toyota but it says Scion on it. Goodbye my past 4 paychecks T_T..

Zero 07-19-2013 05:00 PM

Check the glove compartment in your new TC! I heard they stock it with tampons.

Should have went for an FR-S since you chose Scion.

Henreh 07-19-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1827207)
Check the glove compartment in your new TC! I heard they stock it with tampons.

Should have went for an FR-S since you chose Scion.

Lol if I had the extra money I would have went with the Genesis Coupe instead of the FR-S. Sadly, that extra $5000 is a good chunk of my student debts so no sports car for me for awhile.

Zero 07-19-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henreh (Post 1827213)
Lol if I had the extra money I would have went with the Genesis Coupe instead of the FR-S. Sadly, that extra $5000 is a good chunk of my student debts so no sports car for me for awhile.

Nah the TC is pretty decent. Overall it's a good car with some speed and comfortable as hell driving (friend has one). Though I know it's not all about speed, just getting from A-B.

Genesis Coupe is really nice just stock, so that would of been a good choice as well. Hope your TC serves you well, I know car shopping is a major headache :py53:

kag 07-20-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolter (Post 1826749)

It may be low maintenance but if a part breaks it'll cost a kidney.

I think every model has their good and bad, just like every computer model.
Don't be a brand hater but be a model hater.

Always research before you buy something which costs a large amount.
Just need to Google, "<brand> <model> problems/issues" (Doesn't work if it a new model)