ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   Two faced people (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/122283-two-faced-people.html)

x3ForeverYours 06-10-2013 07:19 PM

Close this please, thank you. :py31:

Janna 06-10-2013 07:48 PM

That's awful. It's part of why I'm so wary of online relations myself; my previous one went over terribly even though the guy made numerous claims that I was his "first and last relationship" and that he would never be with anyone else. Hard to really find a stable relationship online nowadays. :s

If the person doesn't show interest in ever meeting up then chances are it won't end well either. I hate seeing relationships online where people just date through the computer for years and don't even consider visiting, because those relationships are more "fun" than anything and don't last. Pardon me for rambling though, haha. ;_;

Vixen 06-10-2013 08:06 PM

Yup, learnt my lesson, online relationships = world of hurt and waste of so many years = b******s

LauraMix 06-10-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 1821481)
Yup, learnt my lesson, online relationships = world of hurt and waste of so many years = b******s

Part of me really wants to agree with you.

Daniloo 06-11-2013 09:05 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, but on the other hand It's good that you're out of it if it brings you nothing but hell, pain and heartache. I myself don't internet date but I respect people who do, but if I was you I wouldn't even bother since you're not 50 hopefully and you can find someone if that's what you need around where you live and not across an ocean that you can hear with your own ears and see with your own eyes. I'm really sorry that it took you three years of your life too, it must feel horrible, considering that you probably put alot of effort into it going nowhere or back to frame one. I really hope you move on with your life and I hope you're not hurt. I'd personally recommend not internet dating at all for a while. - A WHILE. (Maybe when you're 40) - also, you might've got catfished. considering she wouldn't show herself nor talk to you, and she "already found somebody"

Joy 06-11-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniloo (Post 1821554)
- also, you might've got catfished. considering she wouldn't show herself nor talk to you, and she "already found somebody"

This. It took you three long years. I really hope you move on with your life and close this chapter forever and best of luck to you too.

Light 06-11-2013 10:15 AM

I use the webcam as a symbol of trust when talking to someone in a personal conversation should they have one.
If they could trust me enough to show themselves then it helps make for an easier time opening up a little more to them.

Although unless the person is nearby then you shouldn't hold your breath about being in an actual relationship with them, keep it distant to avoid complications.

This happened to me once where I attempted to keep my distance to avoid being hurt, the person who was attached to me was only really doing so because I was around to talk too and I attempted to help her with her personal issues as they arose. But when I wasn't around for a long while she'd get all upset and clingy like it was a real relationship, it bothered her more than me because she didn't distance herself as I did.

In future situations like this you should remember to keep your distance and avoid devotion by saying "She's the one" when it comes to talking to someone you don't know online, because even if they sound like the perfect person, one must not forgot that those on the internet have no identity unless it's provided in real time. Until then they are simply a fantasy of your own imagination as to who and what the person truly is, until reality hits you like a ton of bricks.

This is especially common with males pretending to be females and the lonely man who seeks a potential relationship creates his fantasy world where "she" truly is the woman of his dreams.

tl;dr version: Always distance yourself to avoid being hurt and avoid developing a fantasy world where you blind yourself from attempting to realize the truth.

Ethane 06-11-2013 12:16 PM

I don't use a webcam because I just know that one day I'm going to hear something like "Do the Locomotion" on the radio as soon as I jump out of the shower and start dancing all the while forgetting that I left the webcam on

VorpalBunny 06-12-2013 05:46 AM

If they cannot commit, there's good reason for suspicion. Be thankful you never went far with a phony. Cut your losses and let that new guy find out the hideous truth about her after having his wallet emptied out. Even if you did get her back, she's already proven she's not worth trusting.

Valese 06-14-2013 12:02 PM

The whole 'already found someone else' thing doesn't surprise me to be very honest. But I don't believe it's a real life relationship either.

If someone I was dating online would tell me "you don't deserve seeing me on webcam/hearing me on microphone" I would've told that person "screw you then" and leave. Three years of not knowing who exactly you've been intimate with, sharing your life and secrets with, is creepy to me.

Even if that person didn't want to show herself through cam/mic, there's a ton of pictures of her, right? It's not hard to prove you're really who you say you are by just taking a picture of your face and a piece of paper with your (or her) name on it. But that's just me.

Don't forget; A fault confessed is half redressed.

Joy 06-14-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valese (Post 1822186)

Even if that person didn't want to show herself through cam/mic, there's a ton of pictures of her, right? It's not hard to prove you're really who you say you are by just taking a picture of your face and a piece of paper with your (or her) name on it.

You know she has to have something to hide when she "takes" tons of pictures of "herself" and when she is accused of being fake she won't simply take a picture of herself with a piece of paper with her name on it. I see no point in keeping up this facade, for six years might I add, when there are EASY solutions to prove us ALL wrong.

If it's been three years and she says you still don't deserving mic'ing her? Time for a
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valese (Post 1822186)
"screw you then" and leave.

Sunniiee 07-08-2013 08:31 PM

I used to be extremely self conscious about pictures and even using my mic, but after awhile (speaking about my online ex) I gave him a few pics, and talked with him on mic. It did take awhile, but I did eventually give in when I trusted him enough. But 3 years? Holy hell. lol

Sizzurp 07-11-2013 11:55 AM

how can you even know if its a dude or a girl... 3 years?