ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   Some Drivers (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/121028-some-drivers.html)

Nebula 02-26-2013 01:43 PM

Some Drivers

So you would think that a crossing at the traffic lights would be safe to cross when the green walking man sign (or whatever you have, white countdown man for America) is displayed.
Well at this traffic light you are allowed to turn left (we drive on the leftw side of the road here) as long as the light is green and you give way to pedestrians. Anyways, most people at the crossing went before you were officially allowed to cross, and I waited. So here comes this card taking a left turn and I am continuing to cross when the green man is still there telling me that it is safe to cross. Anyways, she stops for me as I am crossing and then beeps her horn.
I had the right of way!
Yeah better waiting than being dead and correct, but gosh some people...
She was a mother with kids, looked like she was not too intellectually gifted to be honest.

Then another thing. In my country, learners have to put L-plateson their car. Most people have patience around them but some people illegally overtake them, and go around them when they cannot start in a manual (stick). We also have a speed limit of 80km/h (58ish miles/h) and people think that we will speed up by tailgating us.

I have a feeling that if they were to retest some of these drivers they would fail.

However, I do like Oregan drivers :3

Esper 02-26-2013 01:52 PM

So many drivers forget the rules of driving the moment they get their license. In their mind, they're like "Fark it, I got my License. I'll just pretend to be a good driver when I see police and drive like shit when there's none around."

Pedestrians do have the right of way for crossing. I don't get why the mom was rather rude at honking her horn. The only reason I could think someone would do that is if the people were walking slow. Even then, no one is going to run across the street just to let them turn right/left faster.

Should have totally flipped her off LOLs. Drivers like that piss me off so much.

I'd say 70% of the drivers here would fail their test if they had to retake it. They seriously suck at driving or don't even remember how they're suppose to do things when driving. Even I still remember some of the less usable information because it doesn't apply to where I live. ._.

Mega 02-26-2013 02:05 PM

lmao... that sounds like what happens around here all the time.

People just don't give a crap about other people really...it's all about themselves. I've just recently started driving and so many times I've had to slam my brakes for other cars that are turning or whatever when they aren't supposed to....

I agree with Jerry's comment that you should have flipped her off :D

Almora 02-26-2013 02:28 PM

sumtimes it's like tokyo drift out there

y i hate drivers nd cars in general

Bolter 02-26-2013 08:24 PM

Alot of drivers these days are really terrible, especially those from China and Bangladesh

Nebula 02-27-2013 12:00 AM

@Esper
I cannot stand it when people don't use their indicators. And then diplomat drivers.....
I was on a bicycle, so I doubt I was slow. And speaking of bikes, the relationship between cyclists and drivers is not sound here. However both parties are equally as bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1806623)
lmao... that sounds like what happens around here all the time.

People just don't give a crap about other people really...it's all about themselves. I've just recently started driving and so many times I've had to slam my brakes for other cars that are turning or whatever when they aren't supposed to....

I agree with Jerry's comment that you should have flipped her off :D

How would I do that? I do not have a horn...
I once had to do a hill start at an intersection. Killed the car the first time. The second time I start the car, but someone comes in front of me so I have to stop. Third time, I successfully start. I bet they are an automatic driver, thus they cannot use a clutch.

And thanks everyone, glad I am not the only one.

@Bolter
I think I may be going to China at the end of this year. So I shall keep that in mind. When I go to Malaysia, we charter a taxi as it is only $100 a day.

Almora 02-27-2013 12:26 AM

oh gosh bikes

personally i think it's rlly dum that it's illegal(at least in cali) to ride ur bikes on the sidewalks; like riding on the streets is much safer............

i cringed when i saw the handbook rules 4 bikes

plus drivers don't kno how 2 share bike lanes. at all.

<___>

Esper 02-27-2013 10:17 AM

I actually freak out at Cali bicyclists, especially when I'm driving in the lane right next to it. Some bicyclist are in their lane and them start going some weird wobbly ass movement that makes me feel like I'm going to hit them. .__.

There's also those times where bicyclists are bicycling very slowly through a turn area and I have to drive slowly behind them to turn. Then that makes it cause a little back up, especially when lanes are smaller than usual.

CountBlood 02-27-2013 12:22 PM

I don't find drivers that much of a hassle to deal with and I commute to school at prime traffic hours, sure a select few are idiots but let them be idiots and be patient, my dad has a talent for road rage but it helps to stay calm and rock on (Since I'm usually blasting music anyway).

But you most definitely have to be careful as a pedestrian, sometimes people are in too much of a hurry for their own good.

Riolu 02-28-2013 12:32 AM

In turkey pedestrians have the right to cross the street on the crosswalk, but not the priority to do it. Even if you've got the green light to cross the road you can still get hit by a car and it'll be your fault for it.

Enough said.

cornpirde35 03-02-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1806780)
I actually freak out at Cali bicyclists, especially when I'm driving in the lane right next to it. Some bicyclist are in their lane and them start going some weird wobbly ass movement that makes me feel like I'm going to hit them. .__.

I hate cyclist with a passion :py14: because they ride their bikes in the middle of the street like they're driving a car. I honestly sometimes wanna tap these people while I drive to get them off the streets because it just adds another danger to the road.

Harlequin 03-02-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornpirde35 (Post 1807439)
I hate cyclist with a passion :py14: because they ride their bikes in the middle of the street like they're driving a car. I honestly sometimes wanna tap these people while I drive to get them off the streets because it just adds another danger to the road.

You better not, they're legally considered motor vehicles.

DOMD 04-19-2013 02:18 PM

Yup, crazy drivers out there.