Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-18-2012   #1 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default People like this writer make me sick.

A story about a survivor in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting:
Sandy Hook shooting: Girl, 6, was sole survivor of her grade one class

I'm not bashing religion or anything, I'm bashing this writer.

Ok, so it's IMPOSSIBLE for a 6 year old to have a brain of their own and do things such as what this girl did? No, she's DEFINITELY not slightly smarter than the usual 6 year old, it MUST be God's work.

Reeeaaaaaaally?
So writer, what's your opinion about God and the other 20 kids of this girl's class and their teacher?

edit: my bad, it's not the writer saying this but whoever is interviewing the kid's mom.

If this is too inappropriate feel free to lock, I just need to rant.

Last edited by Kenzor; 12-18-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-18-2012   #2 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

maybe he's just bored and couldn't think of any other ideas?

12-18-2012   #3 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by source
Solomon said the girl's family was suffering survivor's guilt because many of their friends were not as lucky and had lost children in the tragedy.
She lived by hiding in a pile of 15 other dead kids. If the girl escaped by her own means then this can be perceived as a story of a random girl that got away at the expense of others. I think this becomes much less personal by crediting God.

Quote:
So writer, what's your opinion about God and the other 20 kids of this girl's class and their teacher?
Here's my lazy interpretation:

God allows bad things to happen, but he doesn't cause them. When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, we were given the freedom to choose. God does not want to interfere and wishes everyone to find their way back to him. If nothing bad ever happens, your faith is never really tested.

Religion is a touchy subject no matter where it is though bro. I'd rather not get in arguments over faith.

12-18-2012   #4 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
A story about a survivor in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting:
Sandy Hook shooting: Girl, 6, was sole survivor of her grade one class

I'm not bashing religion or anything, I'm bashing this writer.

Ok, so it's IMPOSSIBLE for a 6 year old to have a brain of their own and do things such as what this girl did? No, she's DEFINITELY not slightly smarter than the usual 6 year old, it MUST be God's work.

Reeeaaaaaaally?
It's the writer way of calling it a miracle... To me I think that girl is smart and knew how to react. Most article will have bia because its hard for people not to, so yeah.

12-18-2012   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
She lived by hiding in a pile of 15 other dead kids. If the girl escaped by her own means then this can be perceived as a story of a random girl that got away at the expense of others. I think this becomes much less personal by crediting God.
If people are perceiving this story like that then that's THEIR problem, not whoever actually gives credit to the girl. A 6 year old girl, just walked out of her school, saw her mom crying and told her that all her friends have died. If any reader is feeling anything but sympathy for this girl then that really is their own problem.

12-18-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
If any reader is feeling anything but sympathy for this girl then that really is their own problem.
I haven't seen anyone who doesn't.

12-18-2012   #7 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like you're missing my point. They are quoted as suffering from survivor's guilt. That means that the victims themselves believe it to a certain degree. Perhaps this is just the interviewer trying to handle things delicately. You really need to look at the good side of things sometimes.

Maybe I'm wording it poorly. :l

12-18-2012   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

The quote is from a pastor. Don't think we need to explain why he said it like that.

12-18-2012   #9 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

The article was focusing on a survivor, not those who died. Furthermore, the interviewee was a pastor, not to mention the interview was done by ABC not the person who wrote the article. It really doesn't matter if the girl survived by god's grace or her own cunning. The fact of the matter is that the girl is alive. It seems that the only people complaining about this non-issue of a pastor having faith in god are those whose lives are more or less unaffected by the shootings.

12-18-2012   #10 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

What everyone else said, it's because a pastor was being interviewed. To be expected really.

12-24-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
MapleStoryLuniaLa TaleDragon Saga

Beel is a jewel in the roughBeel is a jewel in the roughBeel is a jewel in the rough

Hm, personally I'm not at all religious, but I think the pastor's observations are justified. Although he's applying his own beliefs to this girl's specific situation, by no means does he seem to be promoting Christianity as the only doctrine for moral living. We're free to believe what we want. The pastor's simply exercising his freedom of speech and of religion on a public outlet. More importantly, though, he's praising the girl's precocity for saving her life; he's thankful that she's alive, and that's all that matters.

12-25-2012   #12 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

Well, most girls her age would probably freak out in an emergency situation. She was quite smart, and as others have said, since it was an interview on a pastor, he was just sharing his opinion on what happened.