ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   gg Google (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/119287-gg-google.html)

MsSquid 12-06-2012 07:47 PM

gg Google

Thanks for this design update. It added several improvements and increased Youtube's usability by tenfold. Oh wait, it didn't. It's ****ing nothing. Does Shitty Designs Incorporated get pissy when they don't get attention all the time? Is that why you change the way your website looks and functions every single year for no goddamn reason at all? I'm patiently awaiting the day when you finally decide to remove all user control and YouTube consists of a white void and one randomly generated video from the most watched list.

Yume 12-06-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumatora (Post 1788835)
Thanks for this design update. It added several improvements and increased Youtube's usability by tenfold. Oh wait, it didn't. It's ****ing nothing. Does Shitty Designs Incorporated get pissy when they don't get attention all the time? Is that why you change the way your website looks and functions every single year for no goddamn reason at all? I'm patiently awaiting the day when you finally decide to remove all user control and YouTube consists of a white void and one randomly generated video from the most watched list.

Gangnam style 24/7 yo

Kudaranai 12-06-2012 11:16 PM

I'm okay with the change. The only things I have problems with are where my Browse/Trending videos went and the left-squashed layout.

Oh, and the view all comments thing.

RoflKnife 12-06-2012 11:37 PM

You can't search videos by upload date anymore.

THIS MAKES THINGS SO MUCH HARDER TO SEARCH, HOLY SHIT WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE THIS.

Kudaranai 12-06-2012 11:42 PM

^ You still can, just add ", this week" and stuff to your search.

RoflKnife 12-06-2012 11:53 PM

No, I want to actually search all the videos sorted by upload date. Not just within an unsorted timeframe.

Henreh 12-07-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1788900)
No, I want to actually search all the videos sorted by upload date. Not just within an unsorted timeframe.

how can you miss the Filter button under search...

Anyway, I don't really like the new layout especially the comment section now. Seems like Google is taking a page from Apple and over-simplifying shit for no reason.

Nebula 12-07-2012 01:33 AM

People love trying to "improve" pefectly functioning software *coughwin8cough*. Money and marketing are amazing things.

RoflKnife 12-07-2012 02:44 AM

http://i2.minus.com/iOMLxqrLRttSE.jpg

I am unable to make this any clearer.

Kisaragi 12-07-2012 02:59 AM

I feel your pain, knife-kun. I feel your pain.

;__;

Kudaranai 12-07-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 1788894)
I'm okay with the change. The only things I have problems with are where my Browse/Trending videos went and the left-squashed layout.

Oh, and the view all comments thing.

O, one problem sloved: YouTube

Browse Channel tab then Poplar on YT :| It's so iffy. You get old vids and stuff too.

Veloze 12-07-2012 08:50 AM

I'm getting tired of this minimalist design approach everyone and their mothers have been taking recently.

I blame Apple and Microsoft. **** you Apple and Microsoft.

RoflKnife 12-07-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1788969)
I'm getting tired of this minimalist design approach everyone and their mothers have been taking recently.

I blame Apple and Microsoft. **** you Apple and Microsoft.

It could be because they all want the incredibly technologically inept crowd. Although if you don't want to put in like a month worth of learning and technically a lifetime of practice to operate key technology in every day life now, I think you should just resign yourself to being a hermit.

Kudaranai 12-07-2012 10:16 PM

omg, you can click All Comment to view all comment.

IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A CLICKABLE LINK OKAY.