Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-29-2012   #1 (permalink)
Eat.Sleep.Rave.Repeat.
Games
Grand ChaseLuna OnlineKingdom of LoathingTrickster Online

Lala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant future
IGN: Étoilée
Level: 30
Default Group Projects

Super short version of why I'm pissed:

- Ended up in a group with people that picked me because I'm one of the best students in the class and they aren't that good.

- One guy won't do anything without permission. Even if it's the right answer he will stare at me until I say it's okay. Which would be tolerable, if we had the time for that shit!

- The other guy... Oh the other guy. He gets a couple of bullet points just for himself.
  • Thinks he knows much more than he really does
  • He'll point out mistakes that I already see and asked for opinions about. Then when I ask him to fix it (because obviously he knows everything), he'll flounder around pretending like he knows what he's doing and get it wrong and then leave it back up to me.
  • At the end of the class he got super annoying telling me to save every two seconds. Then check if it was uploaded to the teacher. The teacher very clearly said "Yes, it is here." This guy was like "Go check if it's uploaded.. Yeah okay, close it down before checking *super sarcasm*" I told him to go check himself. And he basically said no.
  • I want to punch him in the face.
- I know for a fact we did horrible on this project because at the end I discovered that in the short period of time where I got off the computer because the teacher told me to share, they completely f***ed up. It's my fault too though. I should have caught it sooner. I was right there and watching, but it didn't register that it would mess up our whole project so completely.

Super reason why I'm pissed:

This is unavoidable. For the rest of my god damn life I will meet and have to work with incompetent people sometimes. Group projects are supposed to prepare you for this, but for some reason, every single time I am blown away by how useless some people are.

Ugh. I wonder if the teacher will let me do a re-do by myself. I highly doubt it, but I guess might as well ask..

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-29-2012   #2 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

That's why I will work by myself after I graduate.
Now. Think about a poor girl carrying a middle-age lazy "friend" on her shoulders from the 3rd year to the 5th year of college.
Dude, that woman literally does nothing, all she does is talk during lectures. Well, I'm not the one carrying her around but I'd shoot her anyway, because she never shuts up >_> (then I would have to deal with legal matters) Impressive how she's keeping it up, though, probably bribing the university, she seems to never have money for anything (and her place and her car are just great).

Last edited by NiBo; 11-29-2012 at 01:22 PM.

11-29-2012   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I know that feeling. I tend to get picked for group projects because I'm usually one of the best in the class and I'm nice enough to do pick up the slack for everyone else without vocally eating them out. I'm perfectly fine with doing that until they have an opinion on it, in which case they better start participating if they're doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiBo
That's why I will work by myself after I graduate.
Good luck truly working by yourself.

11-29-2012   #4 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Good luck truly working by yourself.
There'll probably be a secretary, and some patients being late or not comming >_>
But, aren't there better people to work with? I always do group projects with my friend and one or two classmates, they never screw anything. One of them is slow so we end up doing most of the things ourselves.

11-29-2012   #5 (permalink)
Eat.Sleep.Rave.Repeat.
Games
Grand ChaseLuna OnlineKingdom of LoathingTrickster Online

Lala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant future
IGN: Étoilée
Level: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiBo
But, aren't there better people to work with? I always do group projects with my friend and one or two classmates, they never screw anything. One of them is slow so we end up doing most of the things ourselves.
Unfortunately and just my luck, I was sick the day where the one person I knew I could work well with formed a team.

Also, unless you plan to work from home, you'll always have to interact with stupid people. There's no escaping it D;

11-30-2012   #6 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Wait wait wait... This is in colleges? I thought it requires a person to have a brain to enter.

High school is the worst for me. I like how for this specific teacher everything we do requires a group effort, which half of the class don't have.

It's ashame, I expected better people in colleges and universities.

Good luck to you!

11-30-2012   #7 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
Wait wait wait... This is in colleges? I thought it requires a person to have a brain to enter.

High school is the worst for me. I like how for this specific teacher everything we do requires a group effort, which half of the class don't have.

It's ashame, I expected better people in colleges and universities.

Good luck to you!
People are the same everywhere. Even at one if the top colleges in the country, people are, still lazy with group work. I hear complaints from many students. One time a friend was given a student number to find for a project, they never responded.If you are having issues with lazy people, maybe it is because they do not know what they are doing or are not convinced you are doing the right thing. Make the effort to talk to them nicely and assign them something they are capable of.

At college I have never done a group project but I have dealt with lab partners. A partner that insists on doing everything and does not let you do anything as they do not trust that you will do it correctly is just as bad as a lazy person. It leads to the other person feeling left out and terribly confused.

There is no I in team. (Neither is there a we...)

11-30-2012   #8 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord

The only solution to group projects that I've found is get to know people. Form your own group, befriend people in your class, and actually talk to them. It's not easy for introverts (I can speak from experience) but it sure beats the crap out of working with people you don't know. It doesn't matter if you're in elementary school (ok maybe I'm, stretching it there), high school or uni/college since communication is really key to anywhere you'll work at.

11-30-2012   #9 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Group projects suck, and you'll always hate them and you'll always want to work alone for the rest of yourself because of it. But just suck it up, because you're going to have to learn how to cooperate and work with other people no matter how bad a group they are.

This entire semester I hated my materials lab group. They would never take data down the correct way, they'd take forever working the steel processing machines and they wouldn't know even a single answer to any questions they were asked throughout any of the labs. They'd always bs and pull sht out of their asses making them sound smart when in reality they're looking so dumb.

What I did was I pretty much did most of the work for the entire semester because I knew that they would drag me down with them if I didn't. I sucked it up, and told the professor and made sure he knew what was going on. Luckily, he saw it all throughout the semester and knows it was me and one other person practically carrying the other 3 for their grades.

The only ways to avoid letting groups drag you down is to either build a group of people that will pull you up or just taking all the weight on your shoulders and carry them, then bid them a forever adieu after.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!