Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-10-2012   #1 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100
Default Why is that an excuse.

So my boyfriend always goes on and on about how his dad was raised as a conservative Catholic with an emotional Irish mother and a father who was a cop. That's about as far as I'm going to get into that.

He has an old American Bulldog and two German Shepherds under 1.5 years old.

For over a year the Bulldog was nipping, biting, terrorizing the Shepherds during meal time. His father didn't watch them.

The house is a one-floor barely-five-room farmhouse and the Shepherds are always caged because "dogs aren't pets they are servants to man" and that's how my boyfriend's father was raised.

He never taught the Bulldog how to behave around other dogs. He had him since he was a puppy. There's the whole controversy with aggressive dogs and needing to be raised correctly and this is an instance.

The Shepherds run away all the time when they're let out. It's really obvious they are unhappy. They are not allowed to roam free in the house, they are in their cage all the time except to do their business. I can't stand going to my boyfriend's house because of how awful I feel for the dogs. There's no space for such large dogs, and they don't deserve to be treated the way they are.

Even if his dad had gotten smaller dogs (and he wants to use the Shepherds for birding?! they're corpse dogs not bird dogs) the bull would've tortured them too.

And it's all because he has this staunch conservative 1950s attitude. I don't think "I'm conservative in my view towards animals" is an excuse to put them through this hell. Those dogs deserve a better home. They're likely traumatized, they won't even eat sometimes because they're afraid of being bitten.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-10-2012   #2 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Isn't there something in the bible that tells man to treat animals well or something?

Sounds like they need Cesar Millan.

But seriously, dogs need discipline, love and care. It's a balance. How does your boyfriend feel about how his dad is? Does he agree with the way his dad is raising animals?

Also getting smaller dogs is a TERRIBLE idea if you don't discipline them. They run around, bark like crazy, jump on laps, jump at you, etc

11-10-2012   #3 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

The two cages for the Shepherds takes up so much room. They have no freedom. They watch as the Bulldog gets to roam free.

Even something like a lab would be a good size for their home. The shepherds literally would take up the entire kitchen if they're both in it, the house is covered in hair by where the shepherds are.

My boyfriend just defends that his dad was raised to treat animals not as pets but more as tools (hunting). I think it's stupid to blindly defend him.

I'm not saying that like, everyone who was raised a certain way should just stop (different cultures/religions), but this thing with animals is such an archaic thing... It's awful.

Just today the bulldog bit the neck of one of the shepherds. I actually just asked today 'well was the bulldog raised to know who to act with other dogs?'

'No'

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

11-10-2012   #4 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

You should really watch him then for his attitude towards kids...

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

11-10-2012   #5 (permalink)
(๑>ᴗ<๑)
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nimfu
Class: Panda

That has nothing to do with his religion. I wish people would stop using that as an excuse for whatever crap they do in life. Animals, pet or not, should be treated with respect and compassion, not cruelty. I'm sorry, but keeping a dog caged all day is animal abuse to me, and totally disgusting. Even hunting/working dogs need a decent quality of life.

I wish your boyfriend would think for himself about what's right and wrong, rather than defend someone (even if it's his father) blindly, Dare-bear.

11-11-2012   #6 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

its got nothing to do with religion, its the way they are brought up, try to knock some sense into him and especially his father, if you can't do it on your own, then get help from elsewhere, or maybe even call the SPCA or something.