11-02-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
League of LegendsTrickster OnlineAionAudition

Amaterasu is on a distinguished road
IGN: Àmatèrasu
Level: 30
Default My Rant.

I've decided that, life is to short to dwell on these small insignificant things. People when they don't have as much as you, always try to bring you down, I always take everyone criticism and what they just think of me in general to serious. At this stage in my life, I'm tired of it all and i'm just not going to give a damn anymore, So if you're reading this and you know who i am. I'm sure you'll try your hardest to put me down, But i just really don't give a damn anymore. So try your harder and i won't crack. Thanks for making me realize that.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Good realization. (:
It shall make you feel happy more often.

11-03-2012   #3 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

congrats
I wonder how people like you can do it
no matter how much I tell myself no one else matters, I always have to rely on other people's support.

+9001 respect points for you~~ n 3 n

11-03-2012   #4 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

The joy of jealousy. Criticisms are nice if it helps you grow as a person but not if it's to insult you in a certain way.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

11-03-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
The joy of jealousy. Criticisms are nice if it helps you grow as a person but not if it's to insult you in a certain way.
But some people are way too sensitive or not strong/stable emotionally and thus unable to take ANY critique, because they view 100% of negative opinion as a personal attack. Kind of like the people who throw the world "troll" around online for everyone they disagree with. It's actually a psychological issue of sorts, probably some sort of social anxiety disorder.

11-03-2012   #6 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
But some people are way too sensitive or not strong/stable emotionally and thus unable to take ANY critique, because they view 100% of negative opinion as a personal attack. Kind of like the people who throw the world "troll" around online for everyone they disagree with. It's actually a psychological issue of sorts, probably some sort of social anxiety disorder.
Golden.
For once, I actually agree with you. It's a ******* pain to deal with those kind of people and there's no productive way to ever try to get a point across with them going, "U mad?" / "Rage more" in their minds since they take everything as an attack, which in reality is not.

Some of them can't differentiate between a serious tone from ad hominem statements and just lump them together. Once I put on a serious tone, they think it's an attack. DO I HAVE TO TYPE IN "LOLZ" / "x3" / ":3" / "XD" / "XP" to always make a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
You can also grow from insults, it's just very very very difficult and only a few can do it without overloading.

11-04-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
League of LegendsTrickster OnlineAionAudition

Amaterasu is on a distinguished road
IGN: Àmatèrasu
Level: 30

Usually, Those little comments that people have that they should keep to themselves, Kind of sparks my flame. I don't know why i was burden with so much hatred but it's just not healthy at some points. I've noticed it before but never did anything about it till now and even now i'm still a little bothered by some stuff. But life comes from experiences and with those experience we either make the character we'll be in the future or destroy ourselves entirely at the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
Golden.
For once, I actually agree with you. It's a ******* pain to deal with those kind of people and there's no productive way to ever try to get a point across with them going, "U mad?" / "Rage more" in their minds since they take everything as an attack, which in reality is not.

Some of them can't differentiate between a serious tone from ad hominem statements and just lump them together. Once I put on a serious tone, they think it's an attack. DO I HAVE TO TYPE IN "LOLZ" / "x3" / ":3" / "XD" / "XP" to always make a point.

You can also grow from insults, it's just very very very difficult and only a few can do it without overloading.
I can agree with what you're saying here almora but you should think of something else, The person you're talking to over a game has no idea what tone of voice or how your feelings are at the point those faces are like assurance that you're not annoying the person or they're annoying you. Although some people take it overboard and add like 12 different faces for no apparent reason but you can't blame them for not knowing how you exactly feel.

Last edited by MintyVampire; 11-05-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: please use edit button and refrain from double posting, thank you.

11-04-2012   #8 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu
I can agree with what you're saying here almora but you should think of something else, The person you're talking to over a game has no idea what tone of voice or how your feelings are at the point those faces are like assurance that you're not annoying the person or they're annoying you. Although some people take it overboard and add like 12 different faces for no apparent reason but you can't blame them for not knowing how you exactly feel.
I definitely agree with you. Most of the times I feel like I can get so much more done with face to face interactions, than typing on forums, but that's far-fetched. True, it's difficult to discern what tone I'm carrying over in my(or anybody's) conversation truly, without seeing their face.

I can discern tones accurately(to an extent), it's just that I've been unlucky at running into the people Griever described. It's a problem when you're taking a mature and calm, but serious standpoint, and all they do is skim over your points, immediately assigning it a hateful, "rage-more" connotation. They have a lot more to work on in terms of their own emotional and social growth. Not to mention personal grudges cloud logic pretty much all the time, is why some can't grow successfully.

---

Also, good for you to not pay anymore heed to degrading comments. That's quite a huge achievement, since most people aren't good at it. It's a very useful/valuable skill being able to regulate one's own emotions. It'll come in handy in real life. Having a thick skin frees up many of your current stresses.

11-09-2012   #9 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: «Firefly» «Serenity» (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever

hahah thats me. :'(

I take about everything personal and get upset.

I cant really help it xD

</lots of anxiety issues>

BUT ive gotten better in the past couple years ;3