ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   My Rant. (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/118492-my-rant.html)

Amaterasu 11-02-2012 10:38 PM

My Rant.
 
I've decided that, life is to short to dwell on these small insignificant things. People when they don't have as much as you, always try to bring you down, I always take everyone criticism and what they just think of me in general to serious. At this stage in my life, I'm tired of it all and i'm just not going to give a damn anymore, So if you're reading this and you know who i am. I'm sure you'll try your hardest to put me down, But i just really don't give a damn anymore. So try your harder and i won't crack. Thanks for making me realize that. :py17:

Nebula 11-03-2012 04:32 AM

Good realization. (:
It shall make you feel happy more often.

Math 11-03-2012 11:46 AM

congrats :py48:
I wonder how people like you can do it
no matter how much I tell myself no one else matters, I always have to rely on other people's support.

+9001 respect points for you~~ n 3 n

Esper 11-03-2012 01:20 PM

The joy of jealousy. Criticisms are nice if it helps you grow as a person but not if it's to insult you in a certain way.

Griever 11-03-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1781061)
The joy of jealousy. Criticisms are nice if it helps you grow as a person but not if it's to insult you in a certain way.

But some people are way too sensitive or not strong/stable emotionally and thus unable to take ANY critique, because they view 100% of negative opinion as a personal attack. Kind of like the people who throw the world "troll" around online for everyone they disagree with. It's actually a psychological issue of sorts, probably some sort of social anxiety disorder.

Almora 11-03-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1781144)
But some people are way too sensitive or not strong/stable emotionally and thus unable to take ANY critique, because they view 100% of negative opinion as a personal attack. Kind of like the people who throw the world "troll" around online for everyone they disagree with. It's actually a psychological issue of sorts, probably some sort of social anxiety disorder.

Golden.
For once, I actually agree with you. It's a ******* pain to deal with those kind of people and there's no productive way to ever try to get a point across with them going, "U mad?" / "Rage more" in their minds since they take everything as an attack, which in reality is not.

Some of them can't differentiate between a serious tone from ad hominem statements and just lump them together. Once I put on a serious tone, they think it's an attack. DO I HAVE TO TYPE IN "LOLZ" / "x3" / ":3" / "XD" / "XP" to always make a point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1781061)
The joy of jealousy. Criticisms are nice if it helps you grow as a person but not if it's to insult you in a certain way.

You can also grow from insults, it's just very very very difficult and only a few can do it without overloading.

Amaterasu 11-04-2012 01:59 AM

Usually, Those little comments that people have that they should keep to themselves, Kind of sparks my flame. I don't know why i was burden with so much hatred but it's just not healthy at some points. I've noticed it before but never did anything about it till now and even now i'm still a little bothered by some stuff. But life comes from experiences and with those experience we either make the character we'll be in the future or destroy ourselves entirely at the point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almora (Post 1781170)
Golden.
For once, I actually agree with you. It's a ******* pain to deal with those kind of people and there's no productive way to ever try to get a point across with them going, "U mad?" / "Rage more" in their minds since they take everything as an attack, which in reality is not.

Some of them can't differentiate between a serious tone from ad hominem statements and just lump them together. Once I put on a serious tone, they think it's an attack. DO I HAVE TO TYPE IN "LOLZ" / "x3" / ":3" / "XD" / "XP" to always make a point.



You can also grow from insults, it's just very very very difficult and only a few can do it without overloading.

I can agree with what you're saying here almora but you should think of something else, The person you're talking to over a game has no idea what tone of voice or how your feelings are at the point those faces are like assurance that you're not annoying the person or they're annoying you. Although some people take it overboard and add like 12 different faces for no apparent reason but you can't blame them for not knowing how you exactly feel.

Almora 11-04-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaterasu (Post 1781243)
I can agree with what you're saying here almora but you should think of something else, The person you're talking to over a game has no idea what tone of voice or how your feelings are at the point those faces are like assurance that you're not annoying the person or they're annoying you. Although some people take it overboard and add like 12 different faces for no apparent reason but you can't blame them for not knowing how you exactly feel.

I definitely agree with you. Most of the times I feel like I can get so much more done with face to face interactions, than typing on forums, but that's far-fetched. True, it's difficult to discern what tone I'm carrying over in my(or anybody's) conversation truly, without seeing their face.

I can discern tones accurately(to an extent), it's just that I've been unlucky at running into the people Griever described. It's a problem when you're taking a mature and calm, but serious standpoint, and all they do is skim over your points, immediately assigning it a hateful, "rage-more" connotation. They have a lot more to work on in terms of their own emotional and social growth. Not to mention personal grudges cloud logic pretty much all the time, is why some can't grow successfully.

---

Also, good for you to not pay anymore heed to degrading comments. That's quite a huge achievement, since most people aren't good at it. It's a very useful/valuable skill being able to regulate one's own emotions. It'll come in handy in real life. Having a thick skin frees up many of your current stresses.

Cait 11-09-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1781144)
But some people are way too sensitive or not strong/stable emotionally and thus unable to take ANY critique, because they view 100% of negative opinion as a personal attack. Kind of like the people who throw the world "troll" around online for everyone they disagree with. It's actually a psychological issue of sorts, probably some sort of social anxiety disorder.


hahah thats me. :'(

I take about everything personal and get upset.

I cant really help it xD

</lots of anxiety issues>


BUT ive gotten better in the past couple years ;3:py48:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.