[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)
Default Bad drivers.

Get off the road and take up biking or something.

Just because you have a fancy car (sometimes not even that), you have to rev your engine, speed/drive recklessly and blast your 'awesome' music?
Nobody gives a flying **** what you listen to. It's actually a hazard that you have such loud music since it's hard to hear emergency vehicles.
Also, no one is impressed when you drive fast and make loud noises.

Today's incident
I was driving to school and some ******* rounded the corner and was in my lane, driving well above the 30km/h speed limit before going into their lane. I had to slam on my breaks, and if I were going any faster, I'm sure they wouldn't have had the control to avoid hitting me.
Seriously dangerous, even if they don't hit another car, they could have hit a student.
No one is ****ing impressed with how you 'ripped out of the parking lot' because it's "lolz friday time to get drank on".

Getting into an accident may be needed to teach *******s a lesson, but then again idiots don't learn very well.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-14-2012   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume
Get off the road and take up biking or something.
Lol, couldn't agree more.

I was pulling into the car park at work last week, and the car infront of me decided to stop & start reversing when they had nowhere to go apart from into my car. I was already covering/past the space that they were attempting to get into. So I started reversing myself, so they wouldn't hit me & then they went froward again in high speed around the car park.
So I wtf'd at that. Then I watched them leaving 10~15mins later and they almost hit another car on the way out, driving the wrong way round the car park to get out first.

I seriously wonder how these people even pass a driving test in the first place.

09-14-2012   #3 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
Lol, couldn't agree more.

I seriously wonder how these people even pass a driving test in the first place.
Exactly.

@Yume: Ugh, yeah I hate when that happens.

It gets even worse when we're the ones actually walking/biking. Some of these jerks don't know how to brake/slow down and they almost run me over even when the walking light is green. I always try to be safe and walk with the bike in hand instead of riding it across since if I were to get hit, I could just drop the bike and run, but noooo.

09-14-2012   #4 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Best drivers that I have ever seen are in Portland, Oregan. They will literally go out of they way to either let another driver in, allow a pedestrian to cross a street etc etc. I find it Ironic that Oregan is so close to California.

I would like to see someone racing down a street in a sportscar with some Beethoven playing extremely loud.

And then there is Malaysia. You see people half way between lanes. In Singapore I was in the taxi of a speeding taxi driver, that freaked me my mum and sister out (expecially after a passport problem and then an issue with a credit card).
My dad's student from Iran said he got his license in ten days. O.o

So bad drivers are everywhere.

09-14-2012   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

One time I went to Madrid and we took a taxi to the airport.... the driver drove at like 140 km/h. Fortunately it was the day after New Year's and relatively early so no one on the road. IT WAS STILL HELLA SCARY.

public transportation > all

09-14-2012   #6 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

I have a sports car with a powerful engine (06 Cobalt SS) and the engine is really torque-y at the lower gears (1-3), so sometimes (though not usually), the person doesn't mean it. It's like trying to stop your organs from working, they just work on their own.

When I drive through low MPH areas my car is loud as hell but I can't stop it.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

09-14-2012   #7 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

I understand some cars are a lot louder, but there are just some people who are obviously trying to get people to look at them. Nobody caaaares. Being loud doesn't make them bad drivers, though it is pretty annoying most of the time. Usually they're trying to rip out.

Also, why don't people signal? People just change lanes without signalling and it's dangerous. I understand if the car behind/next to you is really far away, but people do it in regular traffic (not when it's super busy, but when there's a good number of cars around). Annoys me.

09-15-2012   #8 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

this is especially for women though you know that right

09-15-2012   #9 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

That kind of people and some others that drive slow as a ****ing snail bother me >_>

09-15-2012   #10 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolter
Why?

It's not especially for women, there are bad male drivers and there are bad female drivers. Gender doesn't come into this at all.

09-15-2012   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

I really don't see how gender plays a part in how well/bad you drive. There are plenty of bad male and female drivers out there and I've seen more bad male drivers than female drivers. Does this mean that there are more bad male drivers out there?

Seriously, there's too many Youtube videos and misleading articles saying how women are bad drivers. Maybe we should record guys driving really badly.

09-15-2012   #12 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

I'm pretty sure that person was just trolling and trying to start something, so I ignored them.

09-15-2012   #13 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
Try driving tests over in Europe. I know the German one is hard as balls compared to what Americans have to know (Disclaimer: Half of my family is German).

What they're required to teach in driving schools here is absolutely laughable. Granted there are bad drivers all over the world, but most people just learn how to make a car go and some common signs, get their driving hours done, and that's about it. It's honestly no wonder there are so many asswits on the road. I know we didn't learn too much when I went through driver's ed. You didn't even have to pay attention to anything, just take some notes, do your hours, and you're basically done, the final test was easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolter
Don't stereotype.

モノノ怪

09-15-2012   #14 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

There's so many things I turn all anal about with bad drivers when I'm on the road. I wish people would literally have their damn license taken away. It's so easy to fake being a good driver during the exam that it's pathetic.

There's a lot of stereotypical stuff about drivers where I live. The issue is that it's pretty funny how blind they are. They say "[Blah blahs] are the worst drivers" but when you look at the open road, it's pretty balanced in gender/race.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

Last edited by Esper; 09-15-2012 at 03:48 PM.

09-15-2012   #15 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

I've heard that Germany takes its cars and driving pretty seriously. They have to replace their cars every ~10 or so years, and the car must have no rust or damage on it.
(I heard this from my boyfriend who's cousin lives in Germany).

I do wish it was harder to get a driver's license in North America. It's really cheap for one too. I know a girl who took 4~5 tries to get her driver's license and within a year of her getting one, she didn't shoulder check and pulled out of a parking space and got into an accident.

And I don't understand how some people have kept their driver's license. I know some people who got their's taken away for reckless driving, or DUI and they just ***** about how the 'pigs' aren't fair and now they can't go out. It pisses me off.
And people who drink and drive? Oh man, don't get me started. All I can say is, if you get a DUI, you should not get your license back.

09-15-2012   #16 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume
And people who drink and drive? Oh man, don't get me started. All I can say is, if you get a DUI, you should not get your license back.
I can't express how much I agree with you. However, it doesn't seem like it matters much. My brother has never gotten a driver's license, yet he has gotten three DUIs within the past year or so. Nothing's been done about it. lol

The state just kept giving him his car back and he'd always have his friends bail him out of jail. Ridiculous.

and on the topic of driving itself, here, you get honked at for going the speed limit. I wish every driver was at least a little more like you.

A few days ago, my mom and I stopped to get air in a tire at a gas station and there was a guy waiting behind a car in line for a pump station, which was right ahead of us. After we got the air in the tire, this guy backs up and stays there right when we were very obviously about to leave. :|

Last edited by Nikeos; 09-15-2012 at 04:10 PM.

09-15-2012   #17 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

No offence to you, but wtf at your brother.
They should really raise the price for making bail.

Driving makes people crazy. I'm from Canada and I was in the states for a weekend. We were at a turning light and it turned green for a while and we honked at the person in front of us to let them know. They immediately ripped through the light and gave us the finger.
I've been through AB, SK, MB and ON in Canada, and everyone treats honking differently, but I haven't found anyone get so angry about it. The honk was meant to be a 'hey, it's green', not '****ING MOVE YOUR SLOW ASS'. I mean, I've had people drift into my lane, or do stupid things and I've honked at them, but it's really situational.

Going a bit over or under the speed limit is fine, but don't be stupid about it.

A few years ago, there were three or so guys in a car, going 150km/h down main street (who I think were drinking), and crashed into something (forgot if it was a tree or a light), and they all died. What makes me really angry is, their friends who cried that night, who were heart broken, are the same ****ing people who drink and drive today.

I'm just ranting more.

time for a break '-'

09-15-2012   #18 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Wow...three DUI's.

I remember in high school, one of my friend's sister was driving us. We were getting onto the highway traffic in a safe manner. Some old lady got pissed, honked the horn, speed past us, and flipped us off. I mean seriously? Merging into a highway traffic at 70 MPH is dangerous.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

09-15-2012   #19 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

I've had a guy pass me and flip me off going through town because I had the gall to pass his shiny, expensive looking car on the highway. Well maybe you should have been going the speed limit and not derping around and fluctuating between 5-10 below, *******, I have better things to do than tailgate you because you want to take your sweet ass time.

I also hate when slow drivers are not courteous enough to move off onto the shoulder when they are able to when they see they're holding up traffic. Hell, I'll do it for speeders if I can, just to get them out from behind me. It's a whole lot easier than having them right on your ass waiting for a chance to pass you.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-15-2012 at 08:21 PM.

09-15-2012   #20 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

it is not stereotyped by me, forgive me for making it sound like as if I'm the one, its actually the society that I'm living in that is giving this stereotype, due to the bad experience of them there