MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Rant Forum

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-14-2012   #1 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scold your own kid

So this is something that happened yesterday evening at work and I'm still 'wtf'ing' over it.

I'm on the checkout and a lady walks past with her 2 children (I'd say probably 3/4 yrs old) to leave the store, and she places 2 small broken off pieces of crayon onto the counter and says ''sorry, my child took it from the kids colouring area in the store'' and I'm like ''oh okay, no worries'' and she leaves.

THEN, she comes back into the store and says to me ''actually, can you please get really angry and shout at her for me? Tell her you're extremely angry about her taking the crayons''

I refuse ofc, it shouldn't be up to me to yell at a complete strangers little girl.

After asking me over and over to shout at her & with me refusing, she then proceeded to scream at her herself telling the girl that ''the lady is VERY angry with you for taking them'' and turned back to me and said ''can you just shout at her 'STOP IT' for me now?''
I say No again, and she eventually leaves.

But what the hell, it's not my responsibility to yell at someone else's child. If she wants to teach her that stealing is bad then it's up to her, not me.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-14-2012   #2 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

It actually saddens me seeing people like that.

09-14-2012   #3 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Do not forget this line.
"would you like to see my supervisor?" unless you are supervisor.
But yeah, some customers are just plain nutcases.

A colleague of mine had a hot chicken thrown at her because the customer was incompetent at reading a price tag.

09-14-2012   #4 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

That...was very weird....

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

09-14-2012   #5 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

right... this is the first time I've heard of such a thing, normally most people would just reprimand their own kids without hesitation.

09-14-2012   #6 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree that screaming at your child is the way to teach them right from wrong anyway, I've never experienced anything like it before, it was embarrassing to say the least.

I told the duty manager a few minutes after it happened and all she had to say was ''what a weirdo'' over and over lol.

09-14-2012   #7 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Priest
Level: 90

In relation to crazy people at stores, there was this one time a woman who ordered a pizza at our pizza department that screamed at the worker because apparently it's "illegal to reheat pizza".

I'm being serious here.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

09-14-2012   #8 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
In relation to crazy people at stores, there was this one time a woman who ordered a pizza at our pizza department that screamed at the worker because apparently it's "illegal to reheat pizza".

I'm being serious here.
Gosh! Glad I work on the checkouts. (just spent 5hours on self serve x.x, I think I walked back and forward 1000 times)
My store is getting a pizza section in the deli.. Ahh fun.

09-25-2012   #9 (permalink)
Eat.Sleep.Rave.Repeat.
Games
Grand ChaseLuna OnlineKingdom of LoathingTrickster Online

Lala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant future
IGN: Étoilée
Level: 30

I've had that happen to me a lot actually. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but yeah, it is weird.

Moms would point to me and tell their kids that if they didn't stop I would get very angry and call the security on them and kick them out of the store. Or tell their kids that I already was angry and calling security..
As I stood there blank faced, because I was neither angry nor happy.

I don't know why they use us as a scapegoat when they could just discipline their kids their own. Heaven forbid they look like the bad guy.

09-25-2012   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Yeah Aimee, I work at Toys R Us. Needless to say, I know that feel.

09-25-2012   #11 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Thankfully here in the south parents don't really hesitate to """discipline""" (I use this word very loosely lol) their kids, there are a always those few though (like in Walmart `-`; ) that don't do ANYTHING when their kid is crying at the top of their lungs.

The problem here is that they don't discipline them hard enough....most of the time I'm like "Really? All your going to do is give them a tap on the wrist? WHAT?" When I was a kid my parents would always spank me if I did something wrong or acted out, even if we were out in public / in stores.

/now your making me sound old Aimee :<

09-25-2012   #12 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Parents of this generation are incredibly incompetent, is how I feel.

I work at a coffee shop on an end of town away from all schools and residential areas and is instead next to the factories and automall so instead of annoying kids I run into people who can only speak some english (with some really thick accent to back it up). Better than kids screaming imo.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

09-27-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Summerishere will become famous soon enough

I happen to encounter the opposite. When I was out to buy groceries I happen to see a child opening some pack of chocolates and then a big lady came and then immediately shout at the kid as soon as she saw him. The kid was really frightened and then stood up and then the lady started hitting him anywhere and I immediately called my husband then we reported it to one of the Store employees. The manager then approach them and then the lady is shouting and saying that she will not pay for the chocolates and then she still keeps on hitting the child.

The manager said it's ok if you are not going to pay for the Item but just don't hit the child then the lady was like don't tell me what to do I will do what I want.
And then the manager asked them to go out. That time I felt really sad for the child
I think he was just so excited when he saw the chocolates that's why he opened it.

Last edited by Summerishere; 10-01-2012 at 10:34 PM.

09-28-2012   #14 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

^ Some people shouldn't become parents.

My mother and aunt didn't let me scold my nephew whenever he was acting up, now he's going through the terrible 2 and is so spoiled that nobody can control him anymore.

10-06-2012   #15 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

This thread reminds me of this little girl and her grandmother coming to the Bakery/Deli.

The little girl (about 6 ot 7) was acting up in the cart. Grandmother tells her to stop, or she won't get a cookie.

Little girl says "Shut your damn piehole."

The grandmother still asked for the freggin' cookie. And we can't deny customers, so...the little girl still got her cookie

I so wanted to go off. You don't reward bad behavior with goodies, or they will abuse that to shit.

"Scold your own (grand)kid."

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

10-07-2012   #16 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games
Trickster OnlineFlyFFEden EternalLeague of Legends

Promise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to behold

I actually don't know what to say. The other day, I witnessed something similar to what Summerishere posted but it wasn't because the child was stealing something, it was because the child wouldn't stop crying? A woman was abusing her child, slapping the poor little girl and everything. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.. I felt so useless. ;__;

Visit my TumblrSHAWOL BESTFRIEND STAR1 INSPIRIT EXOTIC E.L.FVisit my Twitter