Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-05-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix
Default Apologies for ranting... but

*sighs* I wanted to watch the Glee Project on the television, but my sister protested to the adults stating "It's about HIGH SCHOOL Bien, you're IN COLLEGE. It's horrid, immature, NO ONE gives a shit about covers on songs no one heard of or even cared about in the past so STOP BEING SUCH A CHILD. You're worse than my boyfriend who watches this shit as well since I'm trying to stop him from watching it as well". Personal preferences much? Besides when my mom's friend brought up Charice Pempengo or w/e my sister piped up "She was only there for one episode".

ME: "SHe had 3. One for intro, 2 for-"
Sis: "WELL NO ONE GAVE A SHIT OF THE OTHER 2 GOD!"

Okay seriously? You give me shit on something I have a preference to watch, what the hell is wrong with that? Value is subjective so if it's not your thing then fine. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWEIORH:WER

My grandmother loved soap operas and stories, so have I. I love watching stories that are emotionally pulling, and hearing beautiful voices. That is all. Fking sucks. Might as well wait for the damn online episode. Not to mention being in a strict social conservative household. **** MY LIFE, I hate it when my sister just describes me to others as "her gay brother" condescendingly.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-05-2012   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3

Well you -are- in the rant section so it's totally fine to rant. Honestly if you want to watch glee go for it. She can't tell you what to do, it's YOUR opinion. My close friend watches glee still and we're in college. It has nothing to do with age. You see middle-aged people playing computer games still, it's not limited to only teenagers. :l (If she's trying to force her boyfriend to stop doing something he loves...he won't be with her for long and if he still is ._. well, I can tell you he's gonna be miserable.) Besides if she has such a huge problem with seeing glee on tv, then tell her to go complain in another room. x.x

„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„« ^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia

06-05-2012   #3 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

But can she surmount the pyramid?

06-05-2012   #4 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
NO ONE gives a shit about covers on songs no one heard of or even cared about in the past
So what, does she like Nicki Minaj or some crap like that?

I've only watched a little bit of Glee, but from what I saw they covered some pretty awesome songs (The "Young girl/don't stand so close to me" mash up was amazing).

And ahahahahahaha she's calling you a child. I'm pretty sure grown ups don't yell at each other about their preferences in TV like that. Lemme guess, she's used to always getting her way?

06-06-2012   #5 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

You can just watch Glee for as a form of art.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

06-06-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
So what, does she like Nicki Minaj or some crap like that?

I've only watched a little bit of Glee, but from what I saw they covered some pretty awesome songs (The "Young girl/don't stand so close to me" mash up was amazing).

And ahahahahahaha she's calling you a child. I'm pretty sure grown ups don't yell at each other about their preferences in TV like that. Lemme guess, she's used to always getting her way?
I know she downloaded one song "I feel pretty/unpretty", I know she's into J-Pop or K-pop etc. She thinks I need to 'mature more' and get away from all the childish stuff despite her baby talk at times and whatever meme she finds on the internet. She even complained that the people auditioning where... OMG GUESS WHAT?! OLDER THAN TEENAGES *GASP* 23 years auditioning for a role as a high school kid?

Ugh, since she got me into TV Tropes (doubt she explored every type of trope like I had) she should know the concept of Dawson Casting (older folk playing younger roles).

@Kag: Mash ups I'll consider as an art due to combining different songs and blending melodies where they over lap or fit in a pattern (I liked Rumor has it/someone like you).

06-06-2012   #7 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

I don't think your sister realizes how the acting industry works. Casting people actually like adults that look young for teenage roles, especially for long running things like TV shows or movie series, because they're already, for the most part, done changing through age as far as appearance goes (basically, their appearance is set, where as a kid going through puberty can still look very different after a year). If you cast people too young for something long running, you end up with the harry potter cast, people in their 20s playing 14 year olds or whatever.

Basically, if you can look the part and act well enough, it wont matter if you're older than your role.

06-06-2012   #8 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I don't watch Glee but your sister seems to be the one with problems when she's trying to get both you AND her boyfriend to match her preferences. Honestly she deserves a slap.

06-06-2012   #9 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

But how can the majority be right?! It always has to be catered to the minorities needs!

/redneck sarcasm

I agree with the slap mentioned somewhere above.

06-09-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlinezOMG!Angels OnlineRagnarok Online

Kanra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Kanra
IGN: Rerulili
Class: HV Diva to_primadonna
Level: 16x
Guild: Rιvolution

I don't really like or watch Glee, but I don't think guys who watch it are gay. You can watch what you want, no matter how old you are atm.
(and I don't see why she had to complain that much when all you wanted to do was watch Glee on TV. e.e'')

"Yellow is a somewhat bright, happy and electrifying color, much like my personality."
Trickster Onlinex x x|x x x Rerulilix x x|x x x Jeweliax x x|x x x Active