Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-04-2012   #1 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora
Default Recycling =.=

So I volunteer everyday or every other day whenever I can to help my father, sort out recyclable bottles and wine bottles etc. Keep note that I don't get paid directly for this! I'm doing it out of the goodness of my heart because I care for the environment and all. Additionally when we sell of the recyclables we can get around 40-80$ about every 3 weeks, so it's pretty good money. We've been doing this for quite a while know, so I pretty know what to sort and which type of bottle goes where. NOW is where to real rant starts...

Enjoyy

Part 1:

So today, I was fixing the bottles and it's going pretty smoothly. When I come across smashed or deformed bottles, you know, the ones some of you PURPOSELY squash(I don't even know why you do that honestly? It's only the recycling companies that are supposed to do it and that step doesn't happen until they get rid of ALL/wash the gunk inside the bottles.), I use a screwdriver or my hands to push them back out into shape again, or else the machine won't process it correctly when we sell them.
SO, this plastic water bottle I came across wasn't too badly smashed, so I slip my fingers in to press it back out again. I only use the screwdriver on aluminum cans because I don't want to cut my finger. THEN GUESS WHAT ******* happens???? When I opened the water bottle, a HORRIBLE stench comes reeking out of the whole bottle. And GUESS WHAT SMELL IT WAS? ******* URINE. I just dropped it and ran to wash my hands ASAP. IT WAS ******* DISGUSTING. You have no idea how freaking repulsed I felt. =.=

Part 2:

You want to KNOW what it's like to recycle? Hoho, be ready to be disgusted and learn some new things about some of the bottles YOU drink out of.

Besides urine being a rare occurrence in my volunteer service, here are some other things I've found and wish I never did. Also, my tips to YOU. If you are guilty of some of them SHAME ON YOU and you NEED to stop. You NEVER know if the next bottle of beverage you drink out of was previously inhabited by these GROSS things.

1. Cigarette buds.
Spoiler!

2. Turning your aluminum beer cans into a GHETTO BONG.
Spoiler!

3. PLEASE DON'T ******* EJACULATE INTO YOUR BOTTLES.
Spoiler!

4. PLEASE DON'T ******* URINATE/SPIT INTO YOUR BOTTLES.
Spoiler!

5. Please THROW your napkins/brochures/advertisements/chip bags INTO THE GARBAGE, NOT YOUR BOTTLES/CANS. =.=
Spoiler!

6. PLEASE DON'T SMASH YOUR ALUMINUM CANS/PLASTIC BOTTLES LIKE YOU'VE RUN OVER THEM WITH A TRUCK THAT WEIGHS A CRAP-TON.
Spoiler!

Thanks for reading my great wall of china and I hope you aren't guilty of any or these, if you are, I'm just shaking my head at you. Most of these are probably from GUYS, but women also do these too =.=

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-04-2012   #2 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

I completely agree how disgusting that is.

I don't know where you are finding these bottles, but if they come from roadsides most likely it's from truckers. I know there's truckers that don't, but a lot will use old bottles as bathrooms so they don't have to stop at a bathroom and can stay on schedule easier. if you ever see an exploded plastic bottle on the side of the road on a hot day, 80% of the time it's an exploded pee bottle.

06-04-2012   #3 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

If people are going to put things in the bottle, they shouldn't recycle it...
I would rather my brother put out his cig butts out in a can than litter it everywhere around the house. But if you're going to do that, you should just throw the can/bottle in the trash... not the recycle. I can also see why people have 'pee bottles' but... ejaculation bottles? ><

Very disgusting when you find them. Wear heavy duty gloves!

06-05-2012   #4 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kale15
I completely agree how disgusting that is.

I don't know where you are finding these bottles, but if they come from roadsides most likely it's from truckers. I know there's truckers that don't, but a lot will use old bottles as bathrooms so they don't have to stop at a bathroom and can stay on schedule easier. if you ever see an exploded plastic bottle on the side of the road on a hot day, 80% of the time it's an exploded pee bottle.
Most of them just come from like places where people leave stuff often, like benches or tables outside of restaurants of stores. I have a little bag that I carry with me if I see a free bottle laying around, I collect it. But my father does most of it, he gets mostly from gas stations. He's friends with a few gas station owners in my area, so he can just go and ask if they have any and they give it to him. I've never seen the exploded ones you're talking about, but thanks for the tip! ;-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume
If people are going to put things in the bottle, they shouldn't recycle it...
I would rather my brother put out his cig butts out in a can than litter it everywhere around the house. But if you're going to do that, you should just throw the can/bottle in the trash... not the recycle. I can also see why people have 'pee bottles' but... ejaculation bottles? ><

Very disgusting when you find them. Wear heavy duty gloves!
Ugh yeah, I just don't know. I'm not that informed about the companies/people in charge of recycling and what they deem "unusable." I just know that all of the bottles are machine washed with heat, so..not even sure if all the nasty stuff is gone or not x.x

And yeah, I need to start wearing gloves. I usually use my bare hands unless I have a cut or something, but most of the time it's not a problem since I wash really good after.

I'll start with the gloves idea, which should've been my #1 priority from the start. But then, I have trouble with gripping the heavy wine bottles because some of them have other juices/wet beverages spilled on them.

06-05-2012   #5 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

are bottles the new hot dogs now? it's best not to know what was in them ._.?

06-05-2012   #6 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

O_O you don't wear gloves? The recycling place in my hometown always wore gloves. You never know when the can or bottle will cut you and in turn, could cause a nasty infection. Bottles/cans could start to form a lot of bacteria in time. ><

06-05-2012   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Firstly is this trash meant for recycling, if it is shame on them.
If it isn't you can't fully blame them.

It is better to use mask + gloves when you do such things.

Weird the plastic bottles shouldn't need to be in proper shape, they usually shred it all up.
Watch this

Cans shouldn't need to be in proper form as well as the machine usually crush them and melts them.

I prefer to blame the governments when it comes to recycling as it is something that is required to be educated.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

06-05-2012   #8 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume
O_O you don't wear gloves? The recycling place in my hometown always wore gloves. You never know when the can or bottle will cut you and in turn, could cause a nasty infection. Bottles/cans could start to form a lot of bacteria in time. ><
Yeah I don't :x It's because I don't deal with heaps of them like they do in the professional recycling companies so I don't have to breathe in all the dust that's flying everywhere. It's literally just me, in my backyard, sorting these bottles out in laundry basket sized containers. I don't know where I can get a face mask @_@ But I do have gloves that I will start wearing! =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Spoiler!

Thanks for the video kag! I learned a lot from it xP Now I know what goes on with the bottles after they get sold. But that's so crazy, now it even makes me more sad/grossed out that they also get made into merchandise like clothes x.x ahhh

Also hate the fact that they didn't even try include a step where they wash it before(or it seems) they start crushing Dx All that icky stuff remains still ;A;

And we have to get them back into their original form because the place where we sell them off to, they have like a conveyer belt machine. And in it, they have like little vertical bowling alley lanes that have a specific sized hole that dumps the bottles in when the conveyer belt is on. So in order to not get it stuck, we have to do that >_< That's only for the common bottles. They let us smash the big milk cartons and gallon sized bottles though.

I don't mind the manual shaping, just that it's so gross what I find sometimes T_T

----

Thanks for all the tips everyone! :]

06-05-2012   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
are bottles the new hot dogs now? it's best not to know what was in them ._.?
What this guy said. Easier to just accept it and not be paranoid with all your bottles and stuff when you find out where they've been or what they were. If everyone knew all the nasty secrets of life, it shouldn't change much, since before knowing about them we were doing fine.

06-06-2012   #10 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
Also hate the fact that they didn't even try include a step where they wash it before(or it seems) they start crushing Dx All that icky stuff remains still ;A;

And we have to get them back into their original form because the place where we sell them off to, they have like a conveyer belt machine. And in it, they have like little vertical bowling alley lanes that have a specific sized hole that dumps the bottles in when the conveyer belt is on. So in order to not get it stuck, we have to do that >_< That's only for the common bottles. They let us smash the big milk cartons and gallon sized bottles though.[/COLOR]
I think the caustic soda bath should kill everything.
The plastics will be melted at high temps as well.

Hope they change their machines for better health.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

06-09-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlinezOMG!Angels OnlineRagnarok Online

Kanra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Kanra
IGN: Rerulili
Class: HV Diva to_primadonna
Level: 16x
Guild: Révolution

I didn't know that, guess you do learn new things everyday..
My face scrunched up in disgust when I read what some people do to those innocent bottles/cans and it's even worse that some people would drink out of those bottles in the future.
Good thing I always throw my trash in the trash bin or put them in my pocket first if there's no nearby trash bin instead of doing those. =n=;

"Yellow is a somewhat bright, happy and electrifying color, much like my personality."
Trickster Onlinex x x|x x x Rerulilix x x|x x x Jeweliax x x|x x x Active

06-09-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

I'm going to continue making bottle bongs to smoke my weed.

06-09-2012   #13 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
I'm going to continue making bottle bongs to smoke my weed.
Then you might as well clean them out and take them to the recycling center yourself.

06-09-2012   #14 (permalink)
-
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincere
Then you might as well clean them out and take them to the recycling center yourself.
It's not worth replying to him, he's just trolling.

06-09-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAtlantica Online

AlphaXAbsolution is on a distinguished road
IGN: AlphaXOmegaXDuke
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: Same Level I Always Been.

Thanks to this I can never look at bottles, cans, etc. the same way ever again ~.~

06-09-2012   #16 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaXAbsolution
Thanks to this I can never look at bottles, cans, etc. the same way ever again ~.~
Hah. Ikr. @_____@ -helps my mom and dad at work- Many bottles included qq

06-11-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

You should always wear gloves when picking up any sort of garbage in streets, you absolutely never know what is in on them and a couple of bucks a month for a bunch of disposable gloves or handling problems are very well worth the investment over the small risk of getting some random disease. Regarding the nasty stuff things, not really new for me, people do all sorts of pranks and useless things these days. I think a mask is overkill unless your place has a lot of dust though.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~