Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E
Default Just about had it

/copypasta from DA lol?

Just as the title says; I'm pretty much sick about most things if not everything. The main thing is my drawing style.

People mock me at school behind my back because I draw in an anime influenced style.

People say the things I draw are tarps/transexuals.

And well, I'm just sick of it in general.

I still want to draw in this style, but its just many things like what was typed above and how people pressure me to move onto something that will actually get me somewhere in life that makes me wants to move onto something else entirely. At the moment, the number one thing I want to do is improve on my anatomy, aswell as perspective, and with how I do things now, I'm definitely not getting anywhere.

Also on DA, prolly 60-80% of the people who watch me are probably either dead, or watched me in hopes that they'd get a watch back. Or well, they just don't care about my existance.

Most of them just don't like my style. Its like this on other sites I go on too. And so because of this, I basically just lose my confidence and go into some lurkmode, thus making whatever I post on there rot and die.

So now, what I want to do is atleast try to most onto a more realistic style, and take art classes and stuff outside of school. If I'm lucky, maybe even get into a drawing-from-life class, regardless of lolnudemodels and such. On Tuesday, my art teacher is going to help me with this, which is an okay start I guess.

Something else I want to do is start up a webcomic. I have waaywaywaywayway too many ideas, but I heard a lot of people improve from things such as this and learn as they go. Even though people may just leave me there to rot, atleast I can learn from what I'm doing from that.

In a nutshell, I want to learn how to draw in a more realistic style, aswell as improve in many areas for my artwork, however I still want to stylize it for my own needs. I'm sorry if this is ranty and (possibly)lengthy, but I just had to say it.

Sorry for dumping this on you guys.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-28-2008   #2 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i just went to your DA and i like your style

wish you luck with your more realistic drawing style

09-28-2008   #3 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

There are some good SNK artists who draw a realistic anime style, you should research on them.

09-28-2008   #4 (permalink)
GM Magnet
Special

SEGAMew will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SEGAMew
IGN: ~LeonSchroeder~, HaoQiao,
Class: Lion to_scientist
Level: 253
Guild: DayBreak

*faves Traveling in Style* >.> <.<

I don't let people bug me about my style. If they don't like it, they're probably either close minded or lack any sort of respect for arts.

[Temporary Sig Until I Get a New one] - Now where have I heard that one before @.@
[Leon's Thread of Arts]

09-28-2008   #5 (permalink)
-
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

OrangeJuice will become famous soon enoughOrangeJuice will become famous soon enough

That's rude to dis someone on the style they choose to draw >.<;. Sure there are some styles of art certain people may not like, but not everyone can like anything and even if THEY don't like it, someone else will: they don't have to stop and make a rude comment about it xP.

I think taking art classes would be really good. Even if in art you learn more realistic art, you can easily apply the elements from realistic art that you like to your anime art =].

I get pretty discouraged about my art sometimes as well, so yeah, don't worry about ranting about it: makes me feel not so alone xD;;

09-28-2008   #6 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

people are jerks... dont care if some people think poorl of your work due only to the style of drawing(easier said than done, i know) only take critisim where it is constructive, and if others like your style and you do, thats all that matters.

Not to mention, to change your drawing style, you pretty much have to unlearn and start from scratch for best results.. is that really what you want? (believe me, i hate my drawing style, but its gotten decient enough after years of work, so id rather not try to change it)

in otherwords, dont change it for others, change it if that is what YOU want

09-28-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

SephyChu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SephyChu Send a message via MSN to SephyChu
IGN: xSephyChuxD
Class: Bunny-Boxer-Champion to_champion
Level: I think, 151
Guild: RedEclipse

I don't see how people can diss you for this. Probably cause they're jealous, it happens. >_>

And I really like your art. It may be different from other, but it stands out.

I wouldn't mind befriending someone like you. :3

09-28-2008   #8 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

The most important thing is to be doing something you're happy with. Forget what other people say; this is why I dislike blog-like sites such as DA. I personally think such sites only do one of two things: boost or kill your ego, and collectively your confidence and mood. Try talking to some of your closest friends and see what they say, then go from there. Just because some random person or people tell you it sucks, it does not necessarily mean they are anywhere close to right.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

09-28-2008   #9 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Dani T_T

Don't let people like that bother you, as Azusa said blog-sites either boost ego's or kill them. The people who are taunting you are probably people who are just some retarded ass kids who think they own the internet, that mind-set enough reveals that they need something better to do.

Anyways, don't let that change the way you draw. Though it's always good to try new things, don't leave something you loved to do to rot and die; if you do that then you let those retarded ass special ed kids win. There's a difference between constructive criticism and just pure bull shit, what they said is BS. I've seen you draw, I've seen plenty of people draw,paint, color, etc and each person has his or her own style; to say that a person "sucks" is pure BS because no one can create a perfect masterpiece.

For example, look at the Mona Lisa. To me, it's a piece of crap. To others, it's the greatest art work in mankind.

Artwork is meant to be enjoyed, if those people are tryign to make you change then they are most likely those kids who want to try to control something because they can't control their own lives ( which is sad when you think about it )

But, anyways. I think it's a good thing that you are expanding your horizons ( JUST DON'T QUIT WHAT YOU LOVE BISH *shanks Dani ;;* ) if you needed any help I can try to help you. I draw/paint realistic/anime and stuff. But I think abstract is BS ( unless i throw random calculus and science stuff on it x_X ) so I can't help you there.

Ugh, now I can't remember what I was suppose to look up on wikipedia ;; *hugs Dani*

09-28-2008   #10 (permalink)
stole your

Haiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the rough

Do I need to say again that you should just /ignore them? q_q
I mean, if you like the way you draw, stay with it. You have fun with it? Then, just keep doing it.
In a nutshell, don't care to other people unless they are polite enough to help you, giving advice or something, so you can improve to get more people to like your drawings, if that's what you wish.

I like your drawings. Keep drawing, Dani. /backpat

AND DRAW ME, GD IT. *shot*

amagictrick l
l click to: my art thread

09-28-2008   #11 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Pwnage: Thanks a lot 8D

Dismas: Alright, I'll look into it, thanks man.

Leon: Lol, I see. I kinda wish I was like that Q_Q Not getting bothered by people about my style I mean, lol.

Orange: Yeah xD I was planning on learning more about realism and such and applying it to what I do now, but I also wanna expand my horizons too.

Sephy: Befriend me? xD Loool, I'd prolly annoy you out of lulz. *shot* Thankyou

Azusa: Yeah I guess, after all, I don't wanna be emo in the one thing I love, lol. Thanks. and DA is all about naruto fanart whoring now anyways, lol D:

Sheepies: I lol'd at the Mona Lisa comment, but thanks a lot. And yes, abstract IS BS D:

Haiko: Its hard to /ignore them ;_; I'll try my best though. Thankyou, haikooo... ILLDOITLATERLOL 8D

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

09-28-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

I think art is how you express it. If they don't like it, tell them they should draw they're own art. They're some good critiques and some bad. But don't let it try to hurt your self-esteem. Everyone has they're own different taste. >_>

Apparently, they can't see a good artist in front of them. :3

09-28-2008   #13 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephyChu
I think art is how you express it.
This^^^^^^

Actually art is nothing more than a form of expression, and the only thing that matters honestly is if you enjoy what you're doing, and are willing to improve

and if you can make money off of it, so much the better

09-28-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Just cause someone doesn't like your art, there are others who do care about what you draw. :3

09-28-2008   #15 (permalink)
Special
Games

I can't believe I forgot about how art is how you express youself. Q_Q fail for dani!?

You're both right. D: lolthanks

offtopic: LOL at your sig and avatar Ethane

09-28-2008   #16 (permalink)
Mental K.O.

Jumpstart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jumpstart Send a message via Skype™ to Jumpstart

umm at least you can draw? besides 90% of people who say that stuff are people who can't draw so draw them in an anime styled theme and make them commit suicide?

09-28-2008   #17 (permalink)
Don't ask
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

The thing I have against your art style is that it's anime based. Yes, I'll be like the other people that flame you, but listen to what I have to say.

Like all the other people said above, art is expression. However, with anime based art, it's essentially just copying someone else's style. Big eyes, spikey hair, random color hair, the weirdest fashion ever, etc.
And you're not exactly expressing yourself because of that. It's just saying that you like anime and you want to learn how to draw anime, so you can become a mangaka or something.

I think that taking those art classes which will help teach you draw realistically will help provide you with a style you can call your own.

oh god

09-28-2008   #18 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

i agree with kenji. but i'm not saying to stop drawing anime style. that was what influenced u.

i think it's good ur trying to get into other drawing classes. most people who draw anime style also can draw realistic. as an artist you should be able to draw in other styles and other forms. like still life and landscapes and everything. maybe they won't be your strength but you should be able to do them nonetheless.

you ever meet someone who can draw anime? they can just draw the people but nothing else? i wouldn't call that talent.

09-28-2008   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

This is why I didn't take Ap. When I took Ap Drawing and Studio, they told me Anime wouldn't get you really noticed. Since everyone can draw it and wouldn't showed much difference between another who drew anime.

But even so, I draw anime for just for fun. Even though I took art classes in high school and middle school, I felt limited. I really didn't learn anything new, but it could had been just the teachers.

o_o; Reclarification? Or is it still confusing, cause I phail at English. >_>

Last edited by SephyChu; 09-28-2008 at 07:40 PM.

09-28-2008   #20 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephyChu
This is why I didn't take Ap. Anime style, isn't considered an art. Sadly, school didn't help me with shit when it came to drawing.

But doesn't mean I shouldn't draw it.
^ This.

Dani, don't let people get to you. Those people at your school who make fun of your art are probably jealous because they can't draw as well as you (or imitate your style). Improvement takes a lot of practice. I draw every day and an improvement milestone only comes to me once every few months.

I learn from reading lots of manga, looking at lots of anime art, and checking up on hundreds of drawing tutorials. If people say that they hate my art or my drawing style, they can just suck it up because I'm not going to start drawing in another style just for them.

these swimming gays ruined my life