Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-06-2012   #21 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Incidentally, Rottweilers are another really sweet breed. They're great family dogs, but are territoriality of their homes. They won't attack a guest or someone that is their master's friend, but if they don't know you and see you breaking in, watch out.

Fun fact, Rotties were originally bred as cow herding dogs, not guard dogs like many people believe. Another reason people find them frightening is because of one being in the Omen as a demon dog, but they're normally very nice.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-07-2012   #22 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Sorry, but chihuahuas are naturally violent? o_o

06-07-2012   #23 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
Sorry, but chihuahuas are naturally violent? o_o
Not violent, per se, but high strung. they're prone to anxiety and fear, which, in the case of many dogs, will present itself as aggression. Unfortunately, it's just a breed trait, so they're more prone to anxious/fearful agression than say...a cardigan corgi.

The reason a lot of chihuahuas are bratty is the same reason Pitbulls have a bad rep: the owners. People that own chihuahuas are more likely to not only pamper them, but not discipline them properly or train them right because they are tiny and cute. They also have the tendency to latch onto one person and not really care about everyone else, but many will be fearful of everyone else.

I actually own two chihuahua mixes, so I know they can be great dogs when you take the time to train them, but they can be annoying little snots when you dont.

06-08-2012   #24 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
A Chihuahua is way more vicious than a pittie. Even a well trained chihuahua will still have the tendency to be aggressive because they are a breed with a nervous disposition. They're just so small that no one really cares. They just laugh it off.
Just because a Chihuahua is more likely to be aggressive doesn't make it more dangerous than a Pitbull. A Chihuahua is going to do virtually nothing to me. Pitbull on the other hand (assuming both dogs are being aggressive) is going to probably mess me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
One thing that makes me very sad is that they used to be US military dogs, used for all kinds of military things, but now they're illegal on US military bases. And many places wont rent to you if you own them, and your insurance is likely to be higher.
My mother talked about this once, she mentioned it's partially because some dogs are easier to train. That makes sense given the dogs I've seen on military bases (German Shepherds, Labradors, and a (singular) Poodle) are considered some of the smartest breeds.

Insurance is also typically higher for Pinschers, German Shepherds, Chow Chows, Akitas, and Rottweilers as well.

Last edited by Tardar; 06-08-2012 at 12:16 AM.

06-12-2012   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Thank goodness pitbulls are forbidden around these areas, yes yes, it is all about the owners, unfortunately many of them are irresponsible resulting in many terrible attacks in both pets and humans. Either that or make the owners responsible for murder or assault (rather than sending the responsible pet to euthanasia).

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~