Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-08-2012   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3
Default No one has morals

Do people NOT have any respect in this world anymore??? Do they not have any morals or ethics? No one keeps to their word anymore. It's like what comes out of your mouth is complete squat. Just WORDS.

In my philosophy class my professor gave us some food for thought. Hypothetically, you're new in town moving into a new house. The person you are buying the house from used to be an antique collector and gave you $50 to sell everything in the house AND you can keep the profits. I know, no one really wants to know the whole story but long story short you promise to sell the antique desk to your neighbor for $100 and basically it was a verbal agreement like a "binding contract". But someone else knew the real value of the desk to be $5000. Would you go back on your promise?

This is EXACTLY what happened in my situation. (Well not exactly because what I'm buying isn't that much of a difference, it's probably right on spot. give or take. But the point is the other person is offering more.) I know people have different ideas and values of morals and ethics. And I know it is his item but honestly. If you promise to sell someone something then sell it to them for what it is stated in the thread. If you had intended to turn it into an AUCTION then you should have stated so in the first place - and not turn it into an auction when you get offered more. I'M SO MAD!! Honest to God I would be raging on his thread right now but I normally do not like to be rude so I'm keeping that away from this thread. He hasn't actually responded to the person's offer yet, but I have a feeling he will accept only because he pull the same crap on the person who posted before me.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone if I said no one has morals. I mean very few or little people have morals anymore. Because I know what's going to happen, we did a poll in my philosophy class...95% of the class wanted the $5000.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia

Last edited by Chastity; 05-08-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

All I can say is this.
There's something called iTrader on this site... use it; leave a negative message.
Anyways I've worked out what thread it is. I shall not comment on the specifics.

However I will say some of my opinion on this topic.
The way people behave on the net tends to be a reflection of how they are in real life. If they lack any morals here, then they won't be any better in society.

However, this is partially culturally dependent. I live in Australia, over here it is perfectly socially accepted to compliment a close friend by literally insulting them. When I recently went to America, I offended my grandmother unintentionally by being a bit sarcastic.
My mother is a Chinese-Malaysian, she had a very strict upbringing, there she didn't have teenager years like mine. She had to work much harder than I have and there was no such thing as sleeping in. However her upbringing has shaped her expectations of us. Once again this is because of different values.
Relating this to trading with people; in my society, the price is pretty much fixed. Very little bargaining goes on and when it happens the price doesn't drop down very low. My little sister when she goes to Vietnam for school doesn't do too much bargaining. She bought a $35 dress without even trying to put the price down. This is not normal for a market type setting for that part of the world. To emphasize this, I went to a Vietnamese sandwich shop. The owner told me that sometimes you could get things there that started at $200 for $70. This was before they realized they could get more money from tourists.

I do not know of any country where what you mentioned is socially acceptable however.

05-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

its more like the greed of people that has really making them appear immoral

05-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I do agree with you honestly I do since I know my past experience in Trading in-game and real life, Some people tend to be greedy.

But you have to ask yourself this "Does people get greedy for a good reason? and using the items they are given or money for important things?"

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

05-08-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

I've had the same thing happen to me with a pet I wanted to buy.. A random person I met and kind of started talking to promised to sell me the pet when he would get higher level because it was part of his main EQs. He even added me to friends list and so on. I waited for about a month, and every time he would tell me he would sell it to me later. Then 1 day he completely changed his story and said he gave it to his friend because the person saw it liked it and wanted it. :l

Really frustrating when people make you wait and waste your time. Just decline the offer if you don't like it. Saves you the awkward conversation when you have to come up with a lie because you don't want to sell.

05-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Iderno, I know I have some questionable morals, but I can defend them adequately. As for the desk question...

Spoiler!

05-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3

I'm so embarrassed. I made a wrong judgement. He rejected her offer and told her it was reserved for me and if she wanted it she'd have to talk to me. I feel bad - good thing I didn't start posting on his forums >< I will apologize though for misjudging him.

I don't blame people for accepting the $5000. I don't know them - I mean they could need it because they literally have to live paycheck to paycheck. Who knows why they want / need the money :L but people are different.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia

05-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, people suck. Yes, more and more people are getting diagnosed with mental abnormalities/disabilities (bad news for future generations). Yes, the world is ****ed. No, there is nothing you can do about it.

Often times I wonder if earth is really hell.

Last edited by Jon; 05-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.

05-08-2012   #9 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Yes, more and more people are getting diagnosed with mental abnormalities/disabilities
An argument can be made that because we have better knowledge of how we as humans are "supposed" to work, that whenever someone doesn't work like we're "supposed" to we label them off as some sort of disabled person. In short, more and more people are getting diagnosed because we have more and more to diagnose them with.

On the desk example: sorry I take advantage of your stupidity. I understand honesty and morality and being ethical; unfortunately, unless you're my best friend or someone whose companionship I value, I'm not going to sell it for 50. Especially given the fact that, in essence, you're giving it to me to sell.

05-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
很可爱已經吃掉了
Games
LuniaMabinogiEden EternalVindictus

Cookies has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Cookies

If I ever come across someone selling something worth $5000 and have a different buyer waiting, I'd definitely hope they sell it for that price and just compensate me with something different. I'd be disappointed from losing a great deal, but they were horribly misinformed in the first place. Unless it's something I desperately need (which would mean I knew the true value from the beginning and saved up for it already), then I'd try to talk with them and work something out.
Since 1) it's probably just going to be there as a "collector's item"; 2) it'd be better to resell it which would be the same as ripping off the original seller if they keep their word.

How would you feel if someone offer you $100 for something you know worth 50x as much? Or someone giving you a price tag of $5000 when the thing is only worth $100? Probably laugh it off and just ignore them, unless you're insanely rich or just plain running a charity.

imo, a deal is only true and worth honoring when both sides fully understand the details and weighted out their options accordingly. Otherwise it'd just be a one sided scam. (offerofferofferofferofferoffer)

Last edited by Cookies; 05-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.

05-09-2012   #11 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelxLoves
I'm so embarrassed. I made a wrong judgement. He rejected her offer and told her it was reserved for me and if she wanted it she'd have to talk to me. I feel bad - good thing I didn't start posting on his forums >< I will apologize though for misjudging him.

I don't blame people for accepting the $5000. I don't know them - I mean they could need it because they literally have to live paycheck to paycheck. Who knows why they want / need the money :L but people are different.
That was nice of them. However, the person who offered higher, that is disappointing.

05-09-2012   #12 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

some people are just unscrupulous

05-09-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Richeyz1337 is on a distinguished road

Actually I have morals

AAAAALLLLLLLL the way over there.

I really don't use morals much, my soul knows what's best.

05-09-2012   #14 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

ITT: Having some basic business sense = being a monster no morals.

05-10-2012   #15 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumatora
profit isn't everything. i saw an ebay listing once where someone had one of those neat mr. saturn dolls, in their listing they said they got it from a friend in japan and never opened it. when i get cool gifts from foreign friends i never even consider selling them, though i do sometimes look up how much they're worth.

05-10-2012   #16 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
profit isn't everything. i saw an ebay listing once where someone had one of those neat mr. saturn dolls, in their listing they said they got it from a friend in japan and never opened it. when i get cool gifts from foreign friends i never even consider selling them, though i do sometimes look up how much they're worth.
Well it is to some people. People have different ways of what they find fulfilling in life, and (un?)fortunately, there isn't any right way of living it. You can think they're jerks for selling their gift, but you can't say they're objectively wrong for doing it in this case.

05-11-2012   #17 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Took the words right out of my fingers.

05-11-2012   #18 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
This.

05-12-2012   #19 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

ITT: Having some basic business sense = no friends forever alone.

05-13-2012   #20 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Well it is to some people. People have different ways of what they find fulfilling in life, and (un?)fortunately, there isn't any right way of living it. You can think they're jerks for selling their gift, but you can't say they're objectively wrong for doing it in this case.
he's objectively a jerk though.