Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-13-2012   #21 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumatora
ITT: Having some basic business sense = being a monster no morals.
This.

That thing with the desk can work both ways, lets say your neighbor knew the desk was was $5000 and only offered $100 because he knew/assumed you had no idea of the real value of the desk and turns out he was right. Later you sell him the desk without knowing the real value and he just resells the desk for its really value of $5000 and gains a $4900 profit.

In all honesty I would take the $5000 over $100

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-15-2012   #22 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornpirde35
This.

That thing with the desk can work both ways, lets say your neighbor knew the desk was was $5000 and only offered $100 because he knew/assumed you had no idea of the real value of the desk and turns out he was right. Later you sell him the desk without knowing the real value and he just resells the desk for its really value of $5000 and gains a $4900 profit.

In all honesty I would take the $5000 over $100
That is true but I guess the point is that you, yourself promised to sell it to him and so whatever he does with the desk after is up to him. You can always try to meet middle ground and tell him you will sell it for $5000 but split it with the neighbor so both get $2500. Unless the neighbor really just wants it....you did promise him.

„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„« ^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„«^»„
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia

05-23-2012   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Well, it's true that society in general really has slipped a long way over the past two decades. And these days, the bottom line pretty much is everything. It's good that the person in question actually did save it for you, despite that extraordinary offer. I have to admit, even I might've taken it.

05-23-2012   #24 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
Well, it's true that society in general really has slipped a long way over the past two decades.
That's been said for centuries now.....

05-23-2012   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart

Of this, I am aware. But it's really true. Some things always get better, some things always get worse. Society seems considerably worse off lately. The economy's a pretty good example. I thought a lot of the people in my family were fairly well off, but they aren't these days. It's just been getting harder and harder to make ends meet, the dollar's practically worthless now and people largely show little or no restraint these days. "Class" was before my time, but I still try to adhere to it. I don't see much of it around me, though. I miss the 80's. Hell, the 90's weren't too bad, either.

05-23-2012   #26 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of this, I am aware. But it's really true. Some things always get better, some things always get worse. Society seems considerably worse off lately. The economy's a pretty good example. I thought a lot of the people in my family were fairly well off, but they aren't these days. It's just been getting harder and harder to make ends meet, the dollar's practically worthless now and people largely show little or no restraint these days. "Class" was before my time, but I still try to adhere to it. I don't see much of it around me, though. I miss the 80's. Hell, the 90's weren't too bad, either.
The economy is not a good example because economies are cycles. They go up, they go down, they go up, they go down. Sometimes they go really up and when they go down it seems more dramatic, and sometimes they barely go up and really go down. "Class" is subjective. Compared to the 20s, the 70s had no class at all. Compared to the 1880s, the 20s had no class at all. Compared the the seventeenth century, the eighteenth century had no class at all.

Times change and people need to move on.

05-24-2012   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
The economy is not a good example because economies are cycles. They go up, they go down, they go up, they go down. Sometimes they go really up and when they go down it seems more dramatic, and sometimes they barely go up and really go down. "Class" is subjective. Compared to the 20s, the 70s had no class at all. Compared to the 1880s, the 20s had no class at all. Compared the the seventeenth century, the eighteenth century had no class at all.

Times change and people need to move on.
I'm all for times changing. A lot of things are getting better. A lot more people have a more questioning nature, they think for themselves, but our standards are kind of messed up these days.

05-25-2012   #28 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Quote:
but our standards are kind of messed up these days.
spoken like an old man. it's ok, i have similar thoughts on recent societal standards, but really it's hard to be objective about it. just because the current standards aren't things you like, or agree with, doesn't mean they're necessarily worse than they were before. i'm sure many people would like to go back to an idealized 1950s nuclear family.

05-26-2012   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Well, I'm not just talking about families, really. I was talking about our standards on the whole. Here's one example of what I mean.

05-26-2012   #30 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Well, I'm not just talking about families, really. I was talking about our standards on the whole. Here's one example of what I mean.

Poor selection for the early 21st century, decent selection for the 20th century. But it's hilarious because some of the people that they listed are/were controversial when they were influential/icons (Indira Ghandi, Madonna, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn off the top of my head).

Really the recent ones should be selected from (there are more, but these were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head):
Hillary Clinton, Angela Merkel, Cristina Fernαndez de Kirchner, Ingrid Betancourt, Michelle Bachelet, Julia Gillard, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Aung San Suu Kyi, Ellen DeGeneres, Florence Welch, Adele Adkins

Last edited by Tardar; 05-26-2012 at 01:07 PM.

05-26-2012   #31 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:

There's a big difference between a celebrity and an icon. Celebrities are famous while they're alive, icons maintain their fame a long time after that.

05-26-2012   #32 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:

You can make any generation look bad by deliberately picking about terrible pop artists. Also, let's not forget that Marilyn Monroe was a drugged up sexpot, and Snooki, Spears, Lohan, and Hilton get more shit flung at them than accolades. They're far from being "icons".

EDIT: Also, lol at the Spice Girls being thrown in 90s section as icons when they're barely even remembered now and only made shitty pop drab. This list is just nostalgia bullshit.

Last edited by MsSquid; 05-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.

05-26-2012   #33 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

No Oprah.

Gee, not a biased list at all.

05-26-2012   #34 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:

wtf, did they seriously mix up gene kelly with grace kelly :| :|

05-26-2012   #35 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
No Oprah.

Gee, not a biased list at all.
Oprah has pretty much been famous since the 80s. Which is another thing, icons aren't stuck to only existing and influencing things for only 10 year periods. This list is bullshit to the 100000th degree.

05-26-2012   #36 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I don't think teens/young adults are into real great women anymore. This makes sense here, all the women listed were idols or role models(and actually DID something, unlike Kim who got famous because of her father? And Snooki's famous for partying and doing stupid things, Nicki is just....Nicki) for younger women, and some men, and the 2010's list is how it is now. That's this generations role models. Yes, they could have put some better celebrities or even politicians but really, you look at the teenagers these days, they probably don't even know anyone who's actually a good influence.

Shouldn't be pointing out that they could put better people on the last panel, but that that IS what a majority of our teens look up too, in the US, at least. Because partying and being half naked all the time is what's "hot" right now.

And The Spice Girls are right there, I was raised in the 90s, and that was what most of the younger crowd, me included, looked up to.

I'm not saying that past icons and whatever else are perfect, but they had to actually do something to be famous and get their name known. It's pretty different now..

Last edited by Jessica; 05-26-2012 at 05:04 PM.

05-26-2012   #37 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
I'm not saying that past icons and whatever else are perfect, but they had to actually do something to be famous and get their name known. It's pretty different now..
Celebrities =/= Icons.

Nobody will give a shit about Kim Kardashian, or Snooki in 10 years unless they suddenly start doing things. And get this, becoming famous just because of association isn't anything new. It's been happening for centuries. Even Princess Diana was largely famous for, get this, marrying Prince Charles. Also, I love how people have this raging hard-on for the great standards of the past whilst sidestepping all of that widespread and overt racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia that got embedded into American culture during those decades like a tumor that will never go away.

05-30-2012   #38 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
if you expect people to be friends4ever then stop selling/buying stuff for currency
Or they could get their mind out of fairy land and back into the real world.

05-30-2012   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

I don't really think the point, in that case, was the personalities of the celebreties. I was talking about standards, not morals, but I suppose that may have been a little off topic. Though my point was that there have been some degenerations of a lot of things.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 05-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.