Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default i hate spring so much

Oh my god. The freaking allergies. It's a nightmare.
I was taking my allergy medicine this morning, and I dropped the last one in the trash can on accident. omfggggg.

It's been acting up since Wednesday night. It didn't help that I also ended up with a fever the day after. So now I'm recovering from a fever and fighting through allergens all at once. Can we just go back to Winter already?

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I was taking my allergy medicine this morning, and I dropped the last one in the trash can on accident. omfggggg.

It's been acting up since Wednesday night. It didn't help that I also ended up with a fever the day after. So now I'm recovering from a fever and fighting through allergens all at once. Can we just go back to Winter already?
looks like you might have an even worst time on summer

04-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:

Not to be a D, but I don't believe in allergies, so this rant is moot.

You can get rid of allergies by eating a healthy diet. Why not just do that instead of having to deal with allergies? I used to have horrid "allergies" as a kid in the spring and it required me to go on prescription-strength allergy medication.

I didn't feel like taking some chemical crap for the rest of my life so I fixed up my diet and no more allergies. It's that easy. You'd have to be a baka not to eat healthy.

04-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

^ not all allergies are caused by 'not eating healthy'. You can eat nothing and still get sucker-punched by pollen. Alternative? Live in a bubble, or drink meds. Meds sound like a decent alternative.

04-08-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
^ not all allergies are caused by 'not eating healthy'. You can eat nothing and still get sucker-punched by pollen. Alternative? Live in a bubble, or drink meds. Meds sound like a decent alternative.
Wrong.

Reaction to pollen is a good indicator your body is hyper-reactive due to a dysfunctional immune system.

The only way to fix the allergy to springtime pollen/ragweed/etc. is to fix your diet. You don't need to live in a bubble. You're really stupid for recommending someone take drugs when the cure for their allergies is right there in front of them.

Natural means of curing yourself > chemical means of curing yourself.

Virtually all allergies are caused by an immune system that is out of whack due to a diet full of damaging foods such as wheat (even whole grain), soy, tree nuts, starchy foods, etc. Just eat healthy (as much meat/fish/vegetables/fruits/nuts/healthy fats like butter, lard, tallow, raw dairy, coconut and olive oils as you want.) Only weak people find it difficult to eat healthy.

If you know nothing about human physiology, don't give health advice. Please.

You could potentially kill someone or make them worse than they already are.

04-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Yeah...okay....so histories of genetics can be overridden by simply eating and avoiding good food like wheat, nuts, and soy. I'll definitely take note of that >_>

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

04-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Yeah...okay....so histories of genetics can be overridden by simply eating and avoiding good food like wheat, nuts, and soy. I'll definitely take note of that >_>

This video asserts this idea.
Otherwise,a good diet alone won't have a major effect.

/ / / Playing: DM

04-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

Quote:
Agreed allergies do get hellish nightmare when your sneezing like 20+ times a day q.q

Last edited by cornpirde35; 04-08-2012 at 07:56 PM.

04-08-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Griever does have a good point...
I mean...think about it...what would happen if there were never any Meds ?
so to fix it is to eat healthy.....VERY HEALTHY! if you can anyway...it will even get you a Rip Bod...
I mean ka mon...poppey the sailor man eat Spinish and he becomes super strong EVERY TIME o.'O!

04-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
I mean ka mon...poppey the sailor man eat Spinish and he becomes super strong EVERY TIME o.'O!
Funny, because Popeye becoming strong from eating spinach was based on a misconception of how nutritious spinach is. Google it.

04-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumatora
Funny, because Popeye becoming strong from eating spinach was based on a misconception of how nutritious spinach is. Google it.
lolz...I just read it in wiki XD...
so wait... it not good for you o.o ? I know it just a cartoon but it does help you get stronger or at least overtime or something right ?

cuz sometime...I'm just plain stupid =/...

I would like to say that if you get sick it cuz you not eating healthy...
Headacke, cold, fever or any other type of sickness is due to not eating healthy....right ?
I mean you don't even need to take talenol...
RIGHT! o.o ?

hell you don't need to take A FREAKING FLU SHOT >=I
or is that also something different -.- ?

04-08-2012   #12 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
This. Sir. The pollen is so bad here(I'm highly allergic) you can sweep it off of the sidewalk and fill a trashcan with it. I hate spring because in new orleans, spring feels like summer, summer feels like the deepest pit of hell, and winter is non-existent.

04-08-2012   #13 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Definitely does suck to have allergies.

It use to be very bad for my in high school but these past few years, I've barely had any kind of reaction. Don't know what exactly changed (pretty much same stuff every day) but I'm happy that I'm not as runny-nosed as before.
In case you're wondering, I don't use any of those meds to help with it.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

04-08-2012   #14 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
Not to be a D, but I don't believe in allergies, so this rant is moot.

You can get rid of allergies by eating a healthy diet. Why not just do that instead of having to deal with allergies? I used to have horrid "allergies" as a kid in the spring and it required me to go on prescription-strength allergy medication.

I didn't feel like taking some chemical crap for the rest of my life so I fixed up my diet and no more allergies. It's that easy. You'd have to be a baka not to eat healthy.
That's one way to look at it, but I've changed my diet drastically since last semester started. I've been eating salads 4-5 times a week now, and I've been eating a bowl of fruit before lunch and sometimes dinner to get in extra vitamins and to help curb my appetite since January (also in part to try and ward off any kinds of sick I might get this semester with so much classwork). And I've been doing a major cut in sugar since I've given up sugar-heavy drinks for this past Lent season. I don't really see how eating a healthy diet would help since I've been doing that for a while now.

I've always had allergies like this. Growing up, I spent most (if not practically all) of my life in the Central Valley of California (around Fresno, to be exact). The place has the worst air quality in the whole nation. I had to get shots when I was younger to prevent Valley Fever, in fact, because of all the dust, pollen, and pollution from just about everything. For 3 years years straight, I could only get through the Spring-Summertime taking nasal sprays. I haven't needed it every since, but just now it's been acting up really bad; worse than usual.

My allergies have been a lot better now since I posted this yesterday, though. I'm thinking because it's getting a lot less humid (since it was really warm when my allergies got the better of me) since it's supposed to rain tomorrow night and the weather has been getting a lot cooler.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

04-09-2012   #15 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Lily White would want a word with you.

Also, face masks. It would help.

This is Kyuubey

04-09-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

then I just don't know anymore

04-10-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Conspire is on a distinguished road
IGN: Risque
Class: Battle Magician
Level: 60

Just stay indoors 24/7.

-flips hair-

Next?

04-11-2012   #18 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Wrong.

Reaction to pollen is a good indicator your body is hyper-reactive due to a dysfunctional immune system.

The only way to fix the allergy to springtime pollen/ragweed/etc. is to fix your diet. You don't need to live in a bubble. You're really stupid for recommending someone take drugs when the cure for their allergies is right there in front of them.

Virtually all allergies are caused by an immune system that is out of whack due to a diet full of damaging foods such as wheat (even whole grain), soy, tree nuts, starchy foods, etc. Just eat healthy (as much meat/fish/vegetables/fruits/nuts/healthy fats like butter, lard, tallow, raw dairy, coconut and olive oils as you want.) Only weak people find it difficult to eat healthy.

This doesn't work for everyone..I've tried changing my diet as well, I eat plenty of fruit, meat,vegetables etc but without my medicine I am utterly MISERABLE. It's not just a running nose, it's pain. Headache, eyes itchy, I get a feeling like I'm going to sneeze but I can't(that's the WORST OMG), and often end up with a sinus infection..Due to my horrid allergies, sinus infections for me feel like the flu. -_-

04-12-2012   #19 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wrong.

I assume you're a doctor, which is why your prescribed treatment is the ultimate way of beating allergies? all others, of course, are rubbish.

I understand you are speaking from experience, but your personal experience with your allergies do not necessarily reflect then rest of the human race and their individual experiences with allergy.

My friends have struggled with allergy. They tried your 'eat healthy' method, and just about everything else under the galaxy under the supervision of actual doctors. Sometimes medication is the only way you can deal with it. No, it will not 'kill' you to take meds. They're alive, one of them has a MD and she's taking her meds to deal with allergy. I'm pretty sure she will not kill herself on purpose after studying her own predicament for 9 years.

By the way, thanks for calling me stupid. That really helps you give a convincing argument.

04-12-2012   #20 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Don't mind me, never having allergies in this life. `-`

Lactose intolerance on the other hand...

(also I hope you're not allergic to grass)

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody