Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-05-2011   #1 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma
Angry You didn't even fix it!

I think this is my first real rant.

So here's the story:
My phone (HTC Desire HD) has a problem when using earphones. When you use earphones to for example listen to music, the music either pauses, fast forwards, skips songs or the phone calls my last called number.

I sent an E-mail to my provider which has a 2 year warranty on all of their phones and described my problem. After a few mails back and forth I got a service order and was told to send my phone to their service partner.

After a while I finally got my hands on a suitable box to send it in. I sent it to the service company August 28th and they received it August 30th. They have a site where you can check up on the work progress on your phone, but it didn't change for 3 weeks, so I gave them a call and asked what the hell was going on.

Apparently they sent it to an other service company who got it September 2nd, they have located the problem, and APPARENTLY they didn't have parts for it. September 28th, 1 month after I sent my phone away for service and already got a bill for a phone which I haven't been able to use, they say that they have changed the receiver.

My first thought was "how the hell would that solve my problem?". They also gave me a number to trace the package. September 30th it says that someone has picked the package up from the post office. I'm thinking "Okay, what the heck is going on here?". I called the first service company today to ask where my phone was.

Service guy: Your package arrived at your local post office last Friday.

Me: Are you sure? I haven't gotten a note about it.

Service guy: Let me check the details.

Me: Okay.

*A minute later*

Service guy: It says here that the code was sent to you via SMS.

Me: Well that's ****ing convenient with my phone being in the package I'm
supposed to pick up and all.

Service guy: Yeah, that's what they usually say.

Me: So how am I supposed to pick it up?

Service guy: Do you have a pen and paper near by? I'll tell you the numbers.

Me: I've got a computer.

So I write the numbers down and go to the post office to get my phone. No problems with that. I got home and put my SIM card and SD card in the phone and started it up. Everything is working fine so far. I get to the PIN screen and is surprised that I remember my PIN. Now I see that they've reset my phone to factory settings. I'm quite disappointed with this since I had all the apps installed on the phone and not the SD card. I find the music app and check if they have fixed my problem. Guess what? NO THEY HAVEN'T! If anything they made it worse!

So I've been phoneless for over a month just to get it back reset to factory settings. This is ****ing great.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them what the hell they are doing.

*sigh*

/end rant

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-05-2011   #2 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

I would've called them and they would think they were dealing with a mentally unstable woman. That is ridiculous..Now it's making me think twice about sending my laptop in to be fixed(the keyboard doesn't work, I'm using a USB keyboard). I won't deal with that >_>

10-05-2011   #3 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping that this is an unusual thing to happen. If it happens to me again, I'll think twice before sending anything away to be fixed.

Last night I discovered that I had all my contacts saved on my phone too, so they are all gone. This is ****ing great.

10-05-2011   #4 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

This is why I rather drive a long drive and ask for a fix face-to-face rather than delivering it, and using phone calls/emailing. AND TEST IT IN FRONT OF THEM.

You can't trust people.

10-06-2011   #5 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games

I doubt that they'd let you stand and watch over their shoulder while they are repairing it though.

I'm gonna call these SOBs now. The greedy bastards charge $3 for a phone call.