Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-19-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default misdeamonor

I got fined a hundred dollars for not paying $2.25.
And someone else, a minute later, got fined another hundred for dropping a bag of potato chips.

What the **** is this world coming to?

edit: Other than bad spelling, I suppose. misdemeanor*

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

or at least say thank you.
I like thank yous.

Or don't, you jerk. ( - n-)

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 09-19-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-19-2011   #2 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

I agree, man. What is the world coming to when the law is actually enforced.

09-19-2011   #3 (permalink)
R
"Ecchi" - 10/10 IGN
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Should have paid the $2.25, bro.

Really though, if you did refuse to pay, then it's no one's fault but your own. Someone just went trigger happy with the chips, it seems, because that is just hilarious.
[Lv.85] Umaiii[Trickster]

09-19-2011   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
What a truth.

Also, *misdemeanor.

09-19-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
I'd prefer enforcing laws that actually mean something instead of those designed to reap extra funds from random kiddies.

Someone gets their iPhone stolen? Cops aren't around. Somehow.
Someone litters or doesn't pay their fare? Drops food? HO SHI-- RED FLAG.

Out of all of the 8 times I've heard someone (close to me) had their phone/touch stolen whether it be on the Subway or street, I've never heard of any police action, let alone any successful action. Though, there was one time when people (of the public) actually did chase the guy and caught him.

Hardly anyone in the station pays for their fare. It's a student station, only used by those having free rides. Including me. So, ha. Yeah, I should've asked to go through first, instead of trying to beat the train, but it's just ironic how I bit the dust for something that I don't even pay for. Personnel is being used to catch kids that pretty much left their metro cards at home, exclusively. (cue dramatic music)

And holy crap, drunk driving is categorized as a misdemeanor too. I could've killed somebody!

edit:
oh and apparently we've been having waves upon waves of pickpocketing recently. Friend just lost her wallet and her keys. Wallet was found, contents missing. And 3 other people have lost over $30 worth of valuables within this week that had posted on the same thread-- despite the multitude of the police force situated in that vicinity that I'm going to assume is there.

but hey, I'm gonna pretend I never said that either. :>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eien
Should have paid the $2.25, bro.

Really though, if you did refuse to pay, then it's no one's fault but your own. Someone just went trigger happy with the chips, it seems, because that is just hilarious.
Yeah sure, for such decaying service. I kid, with scorn.

Hahaha, maybe we're laughing at different things here.

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

I like thank yous.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 09-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.

09-19-2011   #6 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

I remember a game where guards kill other people for not paying a $1 fine.
Also, law can be enforced in a non-coercitive way, too, benefit people for following the rules, I remember a video of a trash can that made a funny noise when people put junk in it... a whistle noise like in cartoons.

09-19-2011   #7 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

i withhold details in my OP so I can bring the noise on them fools too bro

09-19-2011   #8 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

How come you didn't pay the $2.25 dollars?

09-19-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

oh cause the train was right there and I didn't want to wait the extra ten minutes. Talking to the booth person usually gets you a nice long scolding, which I couldn't wait for. Oh well, I'll just plead my case and maybe the fine will be lowered or abolished for a first timer.

Had a lot of homework today. :>

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

I like thank yous.

09-20-2011   #10 (permalink)
R
"Ecchi" - 10/10 IGN
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
Hahaha, maybe we're laughing at different things here.
You're right; I'm laughing at you now for expecting everyone to know exactly what happened and what the situation was.

1. DROP A BAG OF CHIPS
2. GET FINED $100
3. ???
4. PROFIT (for them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
i withhold details in my OP so I can bring the noise on them fools too bro
^
[Lv.85] Umaiii[Trickster]

09-20-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eien
You're right; I'm laughing at you now for expecting everyone to know exactly what happened and what the situation was.

1. DROP A BAG OF CHIPS
2. GET FINED $100
3. ???
4. PROFIT (for them)
Oh, my bad. LOL.

I actually forgot to mention, originally, that it was the subway fare.

And gee, thanks. :<

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

I like thank yous.

09-20-2011   #12 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

See I had assumed this was the select bus service in New York, where people just love to get on without paying.

09-20-2011   #13 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
Oh, my bad. LOL.

I actually forgot to mention, originally, that it was the subway fare.

And gee, thanks. :<
.....not paying subway fare. real smart, bro.

09-20-2011   #14 (permalink)
No good next to diamonds
Games
Neo SteamValkyrie SkyTrickster OnlineTribal Wars

JoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud of
IGN: Pinfire
Level: 50

Action: Oh gee, I'm not going to pay the fare.
Consequence: I'll get fined if I caught.

Actions have consequences. You don't like the consequences, then don't act in that way.