Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-14-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Lucent HeartTrickster Online

maruneko has a spectacular aura aboutmaruneko has a spectacular aura about
Default TL;DR:EDITED. okay. once again, from the top. but shorter.

i suppose i should go back to not posting. because i always derpa derp. and then i get set on fire.

totes cool guise. i'm totally used to being mentally and physically abused. totes cool.

i'm SO. not posting a damn thing anynmore. :/ i didn't expect anyone to read any of that rant. i didn't think anyone would post. i didn't /want/ anyone to post. apparently karma still hate me, and it's been read and posted on, the exact ways i avoid like the plague.

apparently everyone else can rant in a RANT forum and have no replies. then it's just me that's not allowed because i'm specially marked from that ugly bad-luck harpy.

i'm not reading anything. it's. i hate myself enough already dammit i don't really need everyone's help. so i'm not reading any of these posts to know how wrong about my opinions i am. i do that to myself just fine. ;/
it appears i'm not mentally stable enough to be allowed into society for everyone. my bad. sorry for messing up your little bubble of "everyone is perfect juuust they way they are born". i totally agree...! i never knew i wasn't allowed to be irrational. i'll focus from now on, i promise.
i'm randomizing my email and scrambling my password so i'll never feel tempted to shoot myself in the foot again. thanks for helping me i suppose.

Last edited by maruneko; 09-15-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-14-2011   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Yeah I started skimming after Chinese finger-trap. Basically what I've come to understand is that you don't like the current generation of young people. You think they're dumb. That's not the case.

The younger generation is, however, the "entitlement" generation. They're the kids that grew up on computers, with cable/digital/satellite TV, etc. And the youth is only getting worse: the current generation of children is having new technology shoved down their throats, too. iPads, cell phones, I swear; I have NEVER seen so many 7-year-olds with cell phones in my life.

However, I don't think you should be badmouthing the younger generations. They're honestly only a few years younger than you, and they have to suffer the same school curriculum (or likely an even more advanced one) than you and I had to deal with. And these 12 to 15 year olds that you're talking about... In all likelihood, they haven't been taught the proper means to research. Don't get mad if someone asks you a question. If they actually put themselves out there like that, just to ask something, you should at least do them the decency of answering it. Let them know where you found that information, too; maybe then they won't have to ask as many questions in the future.

This thread is really pompous, considering how poorly it's written. You should really be considerate of those kids. The way this is worded, it kinda makes it seem like you think these kids should be on the same level that you're on. Kids ask questions, it's what they do.

09-14-2011   #3 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

It's in our nature to hate the generation after us. I am pretty sure my generation got trolled by the generation before it for using surfer talk (seriously, who the hell uses cowabunga any more?), making ninja turtles popular, and watching cartoons on Saturday until 3pm.

And while we are on the topic of phones, it's a plague on the school system. Back in my day, before we had phones, we passed notes in class, and the lunch room was a breeding pit for nasty rumors. Nowadays, if "Person X smells" (hashtag #smellykid), it's posted on Twitter by a popular kid, everyone reads it on their phones underneath their desk, and before lunch hits, everyone in school knows Person X smells. With the amount of information that's floating around the class now, it's hard for kids to actually learn.

09-14-2011   #4 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Suck it up.
The media is significantly different from how it was before (language and violence wise) and younger people are becoming more and more desensitized thanks to a lot of the things in music, television, movies, etc.
Let's see you revolutionize North American media.

As for what I didn't tl;dr besides that younger people ask questions and if you can't stand to give up a few moments/hours of your time helping someone with a smile thus making you a better person then you better not get any kids in the future. And I mean no kids period.

Also that 14 year old girl... Some people really do have that much of a hard time spelling. But for all we know (including you) English isn't her first language and she lives in some random other country like Brasil or something. Not everyone lives in America/Europe/Canada/whatever on the internet and you should by no means just assume things just like that. Actually you shouldn't even care.
On top of it all she may have a mental disability, too, or didn't get the same level of education as you may have. There are so many factors to account for and as such you should really just learn to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
This thread is really pompous, considering how poorly it's written. You should really be considerate of those kids. The way this is worded, it kinda makes it seem like you think these kids should be on the same level that you're on. Kids ask questions, it's what they do.
Hi i quote glarb cuz i don't wanna type that. And it's a valid point.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 09-14-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: herpderp typos and i feel repetitive

09-14-2011   #5 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

no child left behind

and ima try cowabunga, it may be old enough to be cool again. Calling my friends squares works reasonably well.

09-15-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Lucent HeartTrickster Online

maruneko has a spectacular aura aboutmaruneko has a spectacular aura about

i suppose i should go back to not posting. because i always derpa derp. and then i get set on fire.

totes cool guise. i'm totally used to being mentally and physically abused. totes cool.

i'm SO. not posting a damn thing anynmore. :/ i didn't expect anyone to read any of that rant. i didn't think anyone would post. i didn't /want/ anyone to post. apparently karma still hate me, and it's been read and posted on, the exact ways i avoid like the plague.

apparently everyone else can rant in a RANT forum and have no replies. then it's just me that's not allowed because i'm specially marked from that ugly bad-luck harpy.

i'm not reading anything. it's. i hate myself enough already dammit i don't really need everyone's help. so i'm not reading any of these posts to know how wrong about my opinions i am. i do that to myself just fine. ;/
it appears i'm not mentally stable enough to be allowed into society for everyone. my bad. sorry for messing up your little bubble of "everyone is perfect juuust they way they are born". i totally agree...! i never knew i wasn't allowed to be irrational. i'll focus from now on, i promise.
i'm randomizing my email and scrambling my password so i'll never feel tempted to shoot myself in the foot again. thanks for helping me i suppose.

09-15-2011   #7 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruneko
Almost every thread in rant forum has a reply. If you want to vent and not get replies, try starting a blog or something e_e

09-15-2011   #8 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't expect anyone to read or reply than why would you make a thread about it? If you want a place where you can vent and no one could see it, I'd suggest getting a personal journal.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;