Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-07-2011   #21 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
^
THAT.
I played BM (sharshooter, my main) and when I use the splitting arrow? (forgot its name, splits into 6).. That THING turns his head to me... slowly of course and then.. BAM throwing his machete all around me. LOL
Frag Arrow? Yeah, it's one of the best one-shot damage dealing skills that sharpshooters have lol. But I've noticed that the skill that switches aggro to me most often is actually Tumbling Shot. Probably because it forces a knockback like 100% of the time, even on the minotaur boss. CAN'T BE HELPED.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-11-2011   #22 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Random Priests nowadays are really getting bad. Some expect to be carried through the whole dungeon. And some claim its hard to support and help with the damage in Mino Nest.

I made a level 24 priest, did Minotaur's Nest with it 7 times today, only died twice. After doing it these 7 times, I find that every random priest I partied with need to quit and make new chars. Priests can in fact dps AND support at the same time. As long as you have potions or a big enough MP pool. Lightning Relic does tremendous damage agaist the final boss due to his size. He was taking 4xx - 5xx dmg every lightning relic burst. Its annoying because normally, most priests barely attack and heal. Its not that big of a strain on your MP to do both. You should be stacking Int anyways so you should have a decent pool to use.

My Stats:
Spoiler!

Without the epic earrings I still have 16k MP, more then enough to deal with Mino Nest, and this is with green armor and blue weapons. Some of the Priests I partied with had Blues and Epics.

To Sum it up for those who didn't want to read it all
.Made a Priest to see how hard it is to "support" in mino nest
.Found that people are really just being lazy
.Found that priests can in fact be a major damage dealer

Last edited by Lilica; 09-11-2011 at 10:38 PM.

09-12-2011   #23 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilica
its hard to support and help with the damage in Mino Nest
I read this, I laugh.

At this level cap, priests should prioritize support at Mino Nest. They aren't a DPS class, they shouldn't try to fake like they are. Don't get yourselves killed, you don't have the right skills yet. The way I see it, priests should do their best to lock the boss against a wall with their relics, and play support as their #1 priority.

09-12-2011   #24 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
I read this, I laugh.

At this level cap, priests should prioritize support at Mino Nest. They aren't a DPS class, they shouldn't try to fake like they are. Don't get yourselves killed, you don't have the right skills yet. The way I see it, priests should do their best to lock the boss against a wall with their relics, and play support as their #1 priority.
You can do both actually, you would be surprised how much damage a well placed Righteous Bolt and Grand Cross can do to a giant boss like that. What I'm basically trying to say is, Priests can do both quite easily. And another thing is that priests get a buff that reduces damage, its not that hard to use once every minute, and it ups the survival rate a lot. Healing is another thing that needs to be taken into consideration, some just heal themselves and that's it. I fail to see why most priests can't even do the "support" part right when it isn't all that hard.