Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-30-2011   #1 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer
Default Take One Friend Or the Other?

This is so ****ing retarded. I don't even know what to do. So, it all comes down to this.

Friend x recently had a fight with Friend y. And both of them happen to be really really good friends with me. It's petty teenage arguements and I suddenly I find myself thrown in the action of it.

Friend x wants me to abandon Friend y. I know Friend y longer than Friend x. But, x to me is about just as equally good as y. She says she can only choose one or the other. I have no idea who to choose. I knew this person for about a year.

Friend y wants me to abandon Friend x. Y claims she needs me emotionally and that she would cry if I ever abandoned her. I know Y for 4 years and, she's pretty precious to me. Also, y wants me to throw away x in the garbage.

I have no idea what to do.

**** it. **** life.

But, this is the stuff that gets thrown in my face I have to choose something. I'm going to do everything it takes to keep both of them.

I'm disheartened, demoralized, and pretty damn mad.

Oh by the way, as of 5 seconds ago from editing this post. It now involves 4 people.

Last edited by Marisa; 08-30-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-30-2011   #2 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora

Harem route Flag established.

08-30-2011   #3 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Friendship is not about making a pros and cons list of each person and then deciding who to keep and who to abandon. I hope your friend x and y realize that someday in their life.

I hope you sort this out with being able to keep both of them. There's not much you can do but talk to both of them.

=/ Oh drama. When I was in middle and highschool, there was a lot of things like that... where best friends weren't bestfriends anymore and lots of arguing. The principal even gathered all of us girls (who were involved) and said, "I'm tired of this crap. You're not 5 anymore. Work it out. Us teachers are sick of seeing your drama. Best friend this, best friend that, then hating each other. Grow up, there's other things you'll worry about in life" (something like that, it was a good 6 years ago lol)

Good luck to you and hopefully you'll stay friends with both of them even if they hate each other.

08-30-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Spoiler!

08-30-2011   #5 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Friends don't make enemies of your friends. When I find myself in this situation, I really don't mind if they abandon me or not. If they really needed me as a friend, they wouldn't mind if had friend their enemies. All it matters is the time you spent with them and how much you are there to support them.

I don't believe in this "friend of an enemy is my enemy" bullshit. If your friends believe that, then they're pretty narrow-minded. When you have an enemy, just keep it them.

Last edited by k0n; 08-30-2011 at 04:37 PM.

08-30-2011   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

If it's going down like that, best answer you can say is, "Neither of you," and just walk away. If they really value friendships on the level that they think you can just ditch your friends because of an argument that doesn't involve you, then they're probably not worth your time to begin with.

08-30-2011   #7 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Because real friends take control of your life.
Oh wait

08-30-2011   #8 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

It sounds like childs that are like "my mommy, only mine".

08-31-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Tell them to grow the **** up and quit being so damn selfish.

08-31-2011   #10 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

Dont pick either of them. There pretty much using you to piss the other person off, either try to be peace keeper between the two or get new friends

08-31-2011   #11 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Walk away and make it clear that you won't choose between the two of them.

08-31-2011   #12 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Ditch them both and call them immature. If they really wanted you as friends then they would reconcile, or at least learn how to act civilized while in each other's presence (some of my friends do that as they hate some of my other friends).

09-03-2011   #13 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
Friends don't make enemies of your friends.
This.

I can't stress enough of k0n's quote.

Choose NEITHER of them. What kind 'friend' that makes you choose over another?
If I were you, I would force them to settle the issue within themselves and ask them to solve it or gtfo.

Simple.
I once had a friend who is exactly like your friend y.. 'emotional' my bullshit.
No sympathy was given and I just left her.