League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -
Default [Veggi's Rant!] Music

The Music of today is not how it was in the past. Alot of music critiques (such as myself) ask themselves, "Do some of the creators of the lyrics reread what they are singing?" I've never gotten into rap, due the fact that it uses the words, "slut" "hoar" "btch" "Sex" "female Genitals" "Male Genitals". Really? I like to hear things other then sex sex sex sex sex need moar sex. I wont be into rap for a while, though Lil Wayne's How to love song was a bit, interesting.

ALSO. These Youtube singers that are using other creator's songs and "covering" them. Some are pretty good, I'll give them credit, then again some are pitiful I want to chuck my keyboard at myself for wasting minutes of my life-span. My advice is try to create your own song, and read your lyrics, or you'll be known like Rebecca Black. PLEASE! stop with the mixing 5-7 differnt songs into a 7-10minute video, it may sound good with a base, but some bases/background beats are sped up for the purpose of a song and some are meant to be slowed.

What I also noticed is that our generation thinks that having little boys and girls become idol singers is the way of life now. No. Its not. Having a 16/17 year old(Justin Beiber) and Rebecca Black in the mainstream isnt Hot. I have nothing against Justin snice he was spotted the same way Rhianna was by JayZ expect by the awsome Usher. Demi Levato I can understand on a level that most of the TOP signers are getting old. IE Beyonce, idk maybe Rhianna (still in her prime years im sure.) But! Placing any child on a stage with pre-written lyrics is a big NONO!

Thats all for Veggi on Rants
More 2 come :c

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

If you're fed up with how music is the way it is today, or how it works, you're always able to listen to music of old times past.

08-22-2011   #3 (permalink)
iClimax
Games
Grand ChaseLuniaMapleStoryLost Saga
Awards Facebook Fan

Veggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the roughVeggi is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Veggi
Guild: -

Its just that, I do listen to the old music, then again, I'd like to hear new mainstream, but based on what Im hearing, its not "to my likeing" i suppose. Although Dubstep is starting to rack up points. There are some That I like, some that I reject, some that are "meh iz oki"

"Words can not describe how much I Love Shnao".

08-22-2011   #4 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Let me guess, you don't listen to hip-hop, or much music at all, beyond what's played on the radio and you don't think pop stars who didn't write or sing their own music existed before the year 2000. I'm tired of shitty goddamn rants about music from people who somehow think that the quality of music is dependent on how old it is. There's good music being made to they as well as complete shit. The same could said about every other decade of music.

08-22-2011   #5 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Well I'm not going to judge your taste in music here but there is plenty of good new stream music. There will be popular mediocre artists and not-as-popular great artists in every decade. From what I experienced, music that does fit your taste does not come to you so you'll have to find it yourself.

08-22-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Like fashion, music taste evolves with the people who listen to it, like it, and make it part of their life. Businesses use that to their advantage to sell it out.

Doesn't mean the genres of the past are gone, it's still there for all generations to enjoy.

08-22-2011   #7 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I'm just going to say that Beyonce is 29 and Rihanna is 23. They are not old by any means.

08-22-2011   #8 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

I used to think that today's music are bad myself

But hey, I went around and looked, and found many, many, many gems.

Its the people writing bad lyrics that's giving a bad name to today's music :V

| Adventus |

08-22-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.
Guild: Astro Blitz

New music sounds fine.
It depends on what you see really. Some artists are mediocre in the singing department, while some have raw talent. And the top singers aren't getting old. Maybe you're younger than I am, but my generation doesn't see it that way.

edit: oh what a coincidence. I didn't see that you mentioned Lil' Wayne's How to Love. lol

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

or at least say thank you.
I like thank yous.

Or don't, you jerk. ( - n-)

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 08-22-2011 at 08:58 PM.

08-22-2011   #10 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

Just take it easy !

08-23-2011   #11 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

most of them are still okay, except for a few like Justin Bieber who should really go back to school...

08-23-2011   #12 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
Let me guess, you don't listen to hip-hop, or much music at all, beyond what's played on the radio and you don't think pop stars who didn't write or sing their own music existed before the year 2000. I'm tired of shitty goddamn rants about music from people who somehow think that the quality of music is dependent on how old it is. There's good music being made to they as well as complete shit. The same could said about every other decade of music.
I love you.

I don't understand how people can be bothered by stuff like this, no one is making you listen to the music you obviously don't like

08-23-2011   #13 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

protip: eminem is always good.

08-23-2011   #14 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

What prison said.

08-23-2011   #15 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
Exactly.

How "good" music is, is completely based off of biased opinions.
If you like it, you like it.
If you don't like it, then you don't.
Don't like mainstream? Don't listen to it.

Just because your personal tastes don't flow the same way the mainstream does, doesn't mean it sucks. It just means you've like something different.

08-23-2011   #16 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

If you like something, great. If you don't like it, whatever. Others will like what you don't like and don't like what you like.

We're all human, we all have our own opinions. However, as everyone said, you can't generalize one 'genre' of music and then say that it's crap.

TL;DR: SHUT UP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU LIKE.

08-24-2011   #17 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by prison
protip: eminem is always good.
and don't forget Jay-Z

08-25-2011   #18 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

There's always instrumental music:

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

08-28-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

Well, yeah sure the mainstream music may be pretty crappy to you(/i hate it too), but all it means is that you should just never listen to the radio and listen to the crap that you like.
Keep your iPod/mp3 player with you all the times :U
Eh, some underground Hiphop/rap artists you might like since you hate the sex sex sex **** **** **** rape rape sex stuff:
m-taku(mainly inst)
DJ Okawari(inst and some vocals)
Bop Alloy/Marcus D and Substantial (lul they make fun of mainstream)
she/Lain Trzaska, not the korean girls(not much of hiphop/rap, its electronica, but good stuff nonetheless)
heRajiKa Tracks(inst)
Kondor
Blazo
Cafe de Lux (inst)
Nujabes
Shing02
Float 11
Nomak(inst)
Ayur
Well thats a few to name some, hopefully their music will make you calm down and think that theres good underground artists out there. Lots of instrumentals because their beats are nice and its good to relax to, if you want lyrics just try to add some in yourself if you really want to.
I would also like to know why the general population enjoys the mainstream music filled with sex and stupidity and then they ask why the world is so ****ed up.
As everyone else said, Just listen to what you think is good and don't listen to the music you think are crap.

09-04-2011   #20 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurah
If you like something, great. If you don't like it, whatever. Others will like what you don't like and don't like what you like.

We're all human, we all have our own opinions. However, as everyone said, you can't generalize one 'genre' of music and then say that it's crap.

TL;DR: SHUT UP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU LIKE.
Quoting because it's the truth.

I don't listen to anything that is "mainstream", with the acception of Lady Gaga of course. (Or at least watch every new Gaga music video once, haha!)

So yea. I root for the underground (musicians/artists who would probably prefer to attract the audience a different way, not being ordered around/do at their own will) that had talent. and listen to the stuff I like (that no one likes, ironic enough).

You have a different taste. So are we. And funny that I do enjoy "Friday" a bit.. (I like the Glee version more!)

P.S. My favorite genre is Happy Hardcore, (general) hardcore, jumpstyle, hardstyle, makina (especially works by "nadeco"), candy wave/something sugary cutie, and occasionaly Pop/J-Pop/Vocaloid *cough*/ or a rhythm I like. Yes I am strange and my choice of music doesn't get love, which it is understandable. (I have some loud, obnoxious ones and I enjoy them.)

Last edited by Gaap; 09-04-2011 at 01:49 AM.