Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-04-2011   #21 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurah
If you like something, great. If you don't like it, whatever. Others will like what you don't like and don't like what you like.

We're all human, we all have our own opinions. However, as everyone said, you can't generalize one 'genre' of music and then say that it's crap.

TL;DR: SHUT UP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU LIKE.
Quoting because it's the truth.

I don't listen to anything that is "mainstream", with the acception of Lady Gaga of course. (Or at least watch every new Gaga music video once, haha!)

So yea. I root for the underground (musicians/artists who would probably prefer to attract the audience a different way, not being ordered around/do at their own will) that had talent. and listen to the stuff I like (that no one likes, ironic enough).

You have a different taste. So are we. And funny that I do enjoy "Friday" a bit.. (I like the Glee version more!)

P.S. My favorite genre is Happy Hardcore, (general) hardcore, jumpstyle, hardstyle, makina (especially works by "nadeco"), candy wave/something sugary cutie, and occasionaly Pop/J-Pop/Vocaloid *cough*/ or a rhythm I like. Yes I am strange and my choice of music doesn't get love, which it is understandable. (I have some loud, obnoxious ones and I enjoy them.)

Last edited by Gaap; 09-04-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-07-2011   #22 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi
The Music of today is not how it was in the past. Alot of music critiques (such as myself) ask themselves, "Do some of the creators of the lyrics reread what they are singing?" I've never gotten into rap, due the fact that it uses the words, "slut" "hoar" "btch" "Sex" "female Genitals" "Male Genitals". Really? I like to hear things other then sex sex sex sex sex need moar sex. I wont be into rap for a while, though Lil Wayne's How to love song was a bit, interesting.

I couldn't agree more. A few years back I didn't really pay attention to lyrics; I just liked up beat dance songs. But in the past 2 years or so I've payed attention to lyrics like CRAZY. And no offense to people who listen to rap, but LITERALLY 95% of it is about sex, money, drugs & girls. That's the reason why I've never enjoyed Rap.

I like music with meaning.

I won't get into how big of a Beyonce fan I am, but the reason I listen to her is because her lyrics make SENSE. About 95% of her songs I can relate to on a personal level, and it just makes me love her music even more. I've gained a lot of respect for her ever since her newest album..

I hate the mainstream radio right now. I need REAL music; Not some auto-tuned-until-it-sounds-like-a-robot-sh*t & lyrics that are even worse.

Last edited by YenSai; 09-07-2011 at 06:45 PM.

09-07-2011   #23 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

tl;dr Stop liking what I don't like!

The music that a person likes is a highly subjective thing. There are people who like the mainstream, there are those who don't. There are those that like the lyrics to X song, there are those who don't. There are no right or wrong tastes, but good god are some people judgmental as hell about other people's taste in music.

As some other people have said, if you don't like what you hear, you need to find your tastes yourself. There is a lot of shit I listen to now that I never thought I would have enjoyed in the past.

モノノ怪

09-07-2011   #24 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSai
I couldn't agree more. A few years back I didn't really pay attention to lyrics; I just liked up beat dance songs. But in the past 2 years or so I've payed attention to lyrics like CRAZY. And no offense to people who listen to rap, but LITERALLY 95% of it is about sex, money, drugs & girls. That's the reason why I've never enjoyed Rap.

I won't get into how big of a Beyonce fan I am, but the reason I listen to her is because her lyrics make SENSE. About 95% of her songs I can relate to on a personal level, and it just makes me love her music even more. I've gained a lot of respect for her ever since her newest album..

I hate the mainstream radio right now. I need REAL music; Not some auto-tuned-until-it-sounds-like-a-robot-sh*t & lyrics that are even worse.
maybe you can't just appreciate rap - look at Juicy by biggie smalls for example. that song has meaning. he's talking about how he's made it basically. he went from being poor to a millionaire in a few years. he dedicated the song to all the people that didn't believe in him. it's the story of his life in a nutshell

and then other things like lose yourself by eminem.

to appreciate rap you have to think about what it's saying. it's not straight foreword.

09-07-2011   #25 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSai
That's the reason why I've never enjoyed Rap.

Eminem - YouTube

09-07-2011   #26 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eien
WITH the sole exception of Eminem. He raps about things people can relate to.
Totally forgot about him..

And Prison:
Like I said, just 95% is about meaningless things..In my own opinion anyways. Eminem and a few other songs are exceptions.. I'll listen to anything if the lyrics are meaningful.
But then again.. when someone's rapping about ..Never mind, I won't even begin to post lyrics.

And I know not everyone cares about the lyrics, and everyone has their own prospective about "meaning" in lyrics. But honestly, almost every rap song I've heard had something about drugs, sex and money in it..

Last edited by YenSai; 09-07-2011 at 07:53 PM.

09-07-2011   #27 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

ITT: No one can appreciate the contributions that the Dadaist movement made to the music world.

09-07-2011   #28 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Does the rap have to be limited to English?
Yay Epic High!

09-08-2011   #29 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
tl;dr Stop liking what I don't like!

The music that a person likes is a highly subjective thing. There are people who like the mainstream, there are those who don't. There are those that like the lyrics to X song, there are those who don't. There are no right or wrong tastes, but good god are some people judgmental as hell about other people's taste in music.
Couldn't agree more.

I see comments like "95% of X is meaningless"....really? You're that knowledgeable to make that sort of sweeping statement?

Like what others have pointed out- why wait and be spoonfed mainstream music that you don't like and then rant about it? Go forth and explore the vast world of music that never makes it to the radio. Choose what you want to listen to.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

09-08-2011   #30 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
ITT: No one can appreciate the contributions that the Dadaist movement made to the music world.
If you can only enjoy music with meaning then you probably won't be able to enjoy 95.9% of music.

09-08-2011   #31 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Ha ha half the time I don't even pay attention to lyrics while I have music playing anyway, so like I give a damn if a song "has meaning" or not. If it's got a catchy beat, I will be all over that while I go about my internet lurking.

Javier; Yes, a lot of people do have this funny ability to make false generalizations about something.

There's music I don't like, but I'm not going to sit here and say that it sucks or anything, because I can't really base that on a handful of songs out of an entire genre. It's more like "well I don't really care for what I hear, so I may or may not give it another try later on, but it's kind of doubtful right now."

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-08-2011 at 11:00 AM.

09-08-2011   #32 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Ha ha half the time I don't even pay attention to lyrics while I have music playing anyway, so like I give a damn if a song "has meaning" or not. If it's got a catchy beat, I will be all over that while I go about my internet lurking.

Javier; Yes, a lot of people do have this funny ability to make false generalizations about something.

There's music I don't like, but I'm not going to sit here and say that it sucks or anything, because I can't really base that on a handful of songs out of an entire genre. It's more like "well I don't really care for what I hear, so I may or may not give it another try later on, but it's kind of doubtful right now."
that's exactly how I listen to music. I couldn't care less about the lyrics. for example: the song "****a ****a ****a" by gangsta rap almost all of it is the word ****a but it's catchy. so i like it.

Last edited by Aimee; 09-08-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Do not link to such things please. It's just as bad as posting the video.