Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW
Default urrgh

Do we not, as rational men and women, owe it to both our heritage and our posterity to feed the starving, house the homeless, cure the sick, and still find wonder and awe in the sunrise and the moonlight? I think we do. Even without the indecent ideology of McCarthyism in the picture, we can still say that salacious autocrats have increasingly been organizing a whispering campaign against me. Random has a lot to answer for in regard to that. He arrogates to himself the right to lead us into an age of shoddiness—shoddy goods, shoddy services, shoddy morals, and shoddy people. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this letter, viz., that he should pay a price for his obstinate cajoleries? The answer to this question gives the key not only to world history but to all human culture. I, for one, have never been in favor of being gratuitously maladroit. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to indicate in a rough and approximate way the two blowsy tendencies that I believe are the main driving force of modern communism.

There is a proper place in life for hatred. Hatred of that which is wrong is a powerful and valuable tool. But when Random perverts hatred in order to suppress people's instinct and intellect, it becomes clear that if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem. I don't know when irreligionism became chic, but he is inherently pesky, politically incorrect, and boisterous. Oh, and he also has a treasonous mode of existence.

On several occasions I have heard Random state that I'm some sort of cully who can be duped into believing that the best way to serve one's country is to produce nothing but filth. I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a comment. What I consider far more important though is that Random demands obeisance from his proxies. Then, once they prove their loyalty, Random forces them to mold your mind and have you see the world not as it is but as he wants you to see it. Don't let yourself be persuaded by barbaric bludgers who secretly want to call evil good and good evil. While I can't speak for anyone else, I insist that Random's soulless sycophants are nothing more than subservient blobs of easily controlled protoplasm. That's why they're so willing to help Random misdirect our efforts into fighting each other rather than into understanding the nature and endurance of querulous simplism. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but he managed to convince a bunch of the worst classes of profligate, picayunish idiots I've ever seen to help him encourage men to leave their wives, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become disruptive, deceitful skinheads. What was the quid pro quo there? The answer is a bit of a taboo subject, but that won't stop me from telling you. You see, there are deeper issues afoot here. It's that simple.

An inner voice tells me that the next time Random decides to fragment the nation into politically disharmonious units, he should think to himself, cui bono?—who benefits? Honor means nothing to him. Principles mean nothing to him. All he cares about is how to incite young people to copulate early, often, and indiscriminately. Because there is absolutely no evidence to support Random's accusations, because his favorite scapegoats are the government, the economy, the environment, society, parents, teachers, and just about everything else, and because he is a loose cannon, we can conclude that Random disguises his iron fist with a velvet glove. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper because it's the news that just doesn't fit.

On the other hand, Random's arguments don't even prove his point. In view of that, it is not surprising that Random's reinterpretations of historic events manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: destroy everything beautiful and good. Phase two: ignite a maelstrom of ageism.

To say that those of us who oppose Random would rather run than fight is covinous nonsense and untrue to boot. He twists every argument into some sort of "struggle" between two parties. Random unvaryingly constitutes the underdog party, which is what he claims gives him the right to progressively narrow the sphere of human freedom. He promises his goombahs that as soon as he's finished causing one-sided positions to be entered into historical fact, they'll all become rich beyond their wildest dreams. There's an obvious analogy here to the way that vultures eat a cadaver and from its rottenness insects and worms suck their food. The point is that Random's tractates always follow the same pattern. He puts the desired twist on the actual facts, ignores inconvenient facts, and invents as many new "facts" as necessary to convince us that he's inflexibly honest, thoroughly patriotic, and eminently solicitous to promote, in all proper ways, the public good. I have a New Year's resolution for Random: He should pick up a book before he jumps to the capricious conclusion that he is beyond reproach.

I hate having to keep reminding everybody of this, but I receive a great deal of correspondence from people all over the world. One of the things that impresses me about all of it is the massive number of people who realize that Random believes that his opinions represent the opinions of the majority—or even a plurality. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. As sure as you're born, anything may happen if he's able to carry our once-proud nation deeper into savagery and depravity. Bad-tempered ex-cons may dispense bread and circuses to scary, meddlesome scrubs to entice them to lock people up for reading the "wrong" sorts of books or listening to the "wrong" types of music. Incompetent swindlers may scatter about in profusion an abundance of pro-Random flimflams. And the most raucous mental defectives I've ever seen may deny that he wants us to feel sorry for the callow, tyrannical layabouts who convince impressionable young people that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. I suspect we should instead feel sorry for their victims, all of whom know full well that I'm convinced that Random will maintain social control by eliminating rights and freedoms faster than you can say "pseudolamellibranchiate". No, I'm not in tinfoil-hat land; I have abundant evidence from reliable sources that this is the case. For instance, this is nothing new. Random may mean well, but all of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of his conceited jeremiads. They are not a cause; they are an effect.

Expansionism can be deadly but Random's shenanigans are much worse. Judging by the generally brassbound nature of Random's hirelings, I can see that Random drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes him sound smarter than he really is and obscures the fact that if everyone does his own, small part, together we can solve our problems over a negotiating table instead of resorting to the battlefield. One of his assistants once said, "Random values our perspectives." Now that's pretty funny, of course, but I didn't include that quote just to make you laugh. I included it to convince you that several things Random has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how he can override nature.

When uttered by Random, the word "global", as in "global spread of heathenism", implies, "It's not my fault". In reality, we'd indisputably have a lot less heathenism if he would just stop cultivating networks of snitches and spies to ensure that any unity against him can immediately be nipped in the bud. If you need proof that he is a standard-bearer for the unbearable, then just take a look at him. This is not a question of fascism or resistentialism. Rather, it is a question about how Random takes visible delight in turning positions of leadership into positions of complacency. So let him call me intemperate. I call him meretricious. To summarize my views: Random should just quit whining about everything.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLenne
Do we not, as rational men and women, owe it to both our heritage and our posterity to feed the starving, house the homeless, cure the sick, and still find wonder and awe in the sunrise and the moonlight? I think we do. Even without the indecent ideology of McCarthyism in the picture, we can still say that salacious autocrats have increasingly been organizing a whispering campaign against me. Random has a lot to answer for in regard to that. He arrogates to himself the right to lead us into an age of shoddiness—shoddy goods, shoddy services, shoddy morals, and shoddy people. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this letter, viz., that he should pay a price for his obstinate cajoleries? The answer to this question gives the key not only to world history but to all human culture. I, for one, have never been in favor of being gratuitously maladroit. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to indicate in a rough and approximate way the two blowsy tendencies that I believe are the main driving force of modern communism.

There is a proper place in life for hatred. Hatred of that which is wrong is a powerful and valuable tool. But when Random perverts hatred in order to suppress people's instinct and intellect, it becomes clear that if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem. I don't know when irreligionism became chic, but he is inherently pesky, politically incorrect, and boisterous. Oh, and he also has a treasonous mode of existence.

On several occasions I have heard Random state that I'm some sort of cully who can be duped into believing that the best way to serve one's country is to produce nothing but filth. I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a comment. What I consider far more important though is that Random demands obeisance from his proxies. Then, once they prove their loyalty, Random forces them to mold your mind and have you see the world not as it is but as he wants you to see it. Don't let yourself be persuaded by barbaric bludgers who secretly want to call evil good and good evil. While I can't speak for anyone else, I insist that Random's soulless sycophants are nothing more than subservient blobs of easily controlled protoplasm. That's why they're so willing to help Random misdirect our efforts into fighting each other rather than into understanding the nature and endurance of querulous simplism. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but he managed to convince a bunch of the worst classes of profligate, picayunish idiots I've ever seen to help him encourage men to leave their wives, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become disruptive, deceitful skinheads. What was the quid pro quo there? The answer is a bit of a taboo subject, but that won't stop me from telling you. You see, there are deeper issues afoot here. It's that simple.

An inner voice tells me that the next time Random decides to fragment the nation into politically disharmonious units, he should think to himself, cui bono?—who benefits? Honor means nothing to him. Principles mean nothing to him. All he cares about is how to incite young people to copulate early, often, and indiscriminately. Because there is absolutely no evidence to support Random's accusations, because his favorite scapegoats are the government, the economy, the environment, society, parents, teachers, and just about everything else, and because he is a loose cannon, we can conclude that Random disguises his iron fist with a velvet glove. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper because it's the news that just doesn't fit.

On the other hand, Random's arguments don't even prove his point. In view of that, it is not surprising that Random's reinterpretations of historic events manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: destroy everything beautiful and good. Phase two: ignite a maelstrom of ageism.

To say that those of us who oppose Random would rather run than fight is covinous nonsense and untrue to boot. He twists every argument into some sort of "struggle" between two parties. Random unvaryingly constitutes the underdog party, which is what he claims gives him the right to progressively narrow the sphere of human freedom. He promises his goombahs that as soon as he's finished causing one-sided positions to be entered into historical fact, they'll all become rich beyond their wildest dreams. There's an obvious analogy here to the way that vultures eat a cadaver and from its rottenness insects and worms suck their food. The point is that Random's tractates always follow the same pattern. He puts the desired twist on the actual facts, ignores inconvenient facts, and invents as many new "facts" as necessary to convince us that he's inflexibly honest, thoroughly patriotic, and eminently solicitous to promote, in all proper ways, the public good. I have a New Year's resolution for Random: He should pick up a book before he jumps to the capricious conclusion that he is beyond reproach.

I hate having to keep reminding everybody of this, but I receive a great deal of correspondence from people all over the world. One of the things that impresses me about all of it is the massive number of people who realize that Random believes that his opinions represent the opinions of the majority—or even a plurality. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. As sure as you're born, anything may happen if he's able to carry our once-proud nation deeper into savagery and depravity. Bad-tempered ex-cons may dispense bread and circuses to scary, meddlesome scrubs to entice them to lock people up for reading the "wrong" sorts of books or listening to the "wrong" types of music. Incompetent swindlers may scatter about in profusion an abundance of pro-Random flimflams. And the most raucous mental defectives I've ever seen may deny that he wants us to feel sorry for the callow, tyrannical layabouts who convince impressionable young people that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. I suspect we should instead feel sorry for their victims, all of whom know full well that I'm convinced that Random will maintain social control by eliminating rights and freedoms faster than you can say "pseudolamellibranchiate". No, I'm not in tinfoil-hat land; I have abundant evidence from reliable sources that this is the case. For instance, this is nothing new. Random may mean well, but all of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of his conceited jeremiads. They are not a cause; they are an effect.

Expansionism can be deadly but Random's shenanigans are much worse. Judging by the generally brassbound nature of Random's hirelings, I can see that Random drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes him sound smarter than he really is and obscures the fact that if everyone does his own, small part, together we can solve our problems over a negotiating table instead of resorting to the battlefield. One of his assistants once said, "Random values our perspectives." Now that's pretty funny, of course, but I didn't include that quote just to make you laugh. I included it to convince you that several things Random has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how he can override nature.

When uttered by Random, the word "global", as in "global spread of heathenism", implies, "It's not my fault". In reality, we'd indisputably have a lot less heathenism if he would just stop cultivating networks of snitches and spies to ensure that any unity against him can immediately be nipped in the bud. If you need proof that he is a standard-bearer for the unbearable, then just take a look at him. This is not a question of fascism or resistentialism. Rather, it is a question about how Random takes visible delight in turning positions of leadership into positions of complacency. So let him call me intemperate. I call him meretricious. To summarize my views: Random should just quit whining about everything.
The word "anime", contrary to popular belief, is not the Japanese word for animation. Though the word is used in Japan to describe animation, it is actually derived from a French word. Anime in the U.S. refers specifically to Japanese animation, which in and of itself is a unique style of storytelling and film making. In the United States, where animation and film are separated mediums, in Japan they are one in the same. The cinematography and further elements of professional film making are all used in the animated films that are created in Japan. Unlike the United States, which is due to the public perception that animation is for children (the reason for this is an essay in and of itself), anime in Japan is made for all types of audiences including children, adolescents, and adults. There are categories of anime and manga (Japanese comic) for girls, boys, young girls, young boys, adolescent boys, and adolescent girls, conservative adults, non-conservative adults and so on. The subjects of anime range from history (past and future), to fantasy, dramatic, science fiction, popular culture, cyber-reality, adult, action, romance, political, and more.

In other words, for every category that there is for live action films, there is one for anime.

One of the MAJOR differences between anime and U.S. animation is the quality of storytelling and level of understanding at which the story develops. Though things are changing in the U.S., the majority of animation is geared at young minds and actually are almost insulting to those young minds in the treatment of the story. Anime expands upon the regions once only explored by live action films, by incorporating heavy themes of drama, powerful emotional conflicts and character development and relationships. In certain types of anime people do die, and people do suffer from those losses. In certain types of anime there is great violence, rape, and brutality, corruption and realism. In certain types of anime there is sex, twisted perceptions of pleasure and pain, mixtures of fantasies and hellish retribution. In certain types of anime there is love and loss, great struggle and moving passion, realizations of ones self worth and commitment to the family structure. There are powerful women heroines who stand on their own without the aid of muscle bound men. There are feeble men who collapse under pressure and show their fear, passion, and vulnerabilities. There are heavy religious connotations, powerful speeches about humanity, the future of technology, and politics. All of these elements and more can be found wrapped up in some of the most amazingly artistic, detailed, and revolutionary animation ever seen.

In many ways anime is also a state of mind; a state of understanding that many Americans have trouble getting to. The realization that animation is an acceptable medium for dramatic story telling and not something meant only for children and political satire, is a concept that the American public may never reach which is the one of the main reasons why anime has not struck powerfully in the U.S. The other main reason is that the media has a twisted perception of Japanese animation, believing that it is all sex and violence (the opposite of the wholesome children's animation of the United States) and hasn't expanded its reach into the truth about this wonderful realm of animation. It is these misinformed perceptions and lack of cooperation amongst anime fans that have kept anime very much an underground genre.

What it comes down to is this. See it. All of it. Not just the sex and the violence. Not just the science fiction and the sword and sorcery. Not just the heavy drama or historical accounts. See it all. Experience it all as much as you can in both subtitled and dubbed format. Experience the Japanese language and the English adaptations. That is the only way for you to know what anime is all about....

05-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

I see Ness and Lucas

05-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

Quote:
One of the MAJOR differences between anime and U.S. animation is the quality of storytelling and level of understanding at which the story develops.
Haha, I always knew that US animation sucked.

05-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation