ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Random Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/random-forum/)
-   -   Mystical Fantasy Adventure Quest II: Return From Space (Forum Text Adventure) (http://ggftw.com/forum/random-forum/119129-mystical-fantasy-adventure-quest-ii-return-space-forum-text-adventure.html)

MsSquid 11-30-2012 06:13 PM

Mystical Fantasy Adventure Quest II: Return From Space (Forum Text Adventure)
 
CHOOSE RACE:
>HUMAN
>ELF
>GOBLIN
>ORC
>NEKOMATA
>MOON PERSON

CHOOSE CLASS:
>WARRIOR
>WlZARD
>ARCHER
>BARD
>SCIENTIST
>MERCHANT

CHOOSE GENDER:
>MALE
>FEMALE

Veloze 11-30-2012 06:38 PM

>NEKOMATA
>WlZARD
>FEMALE

MsSquid 11-30-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1787246)
>NEKOMATA
>WlZARD
>FEMALE

You are a Nekomata. You recently graduated from community college with an associates degree in the applied magicks. Of course, this isn't your last stop on the road to wizardom. Though your associates degree is powerful a enough tool to get you entry level positions in the wizardry industry, you would much rather maximize your potential as a wizard by receiving at least a bachelor's degree. However, receiving a bachelor's degree is quiet a difficult task. You will have train with a master wizard for up to four years before you're eligible for one. Most people don't survive such rigorous training, and it will be extra difficult for you since you're a Nekomata and lack any natural magical skills.

Luckily, you were able to track down a witch willing to train apprentices for free as long as they pay rent and don't mind being experimented on.

You're standing outside of her house right now actually. It looks kinda gloomy with broken windows, dead trees surrounding it, and a complete lack of a paintjob. Witches love living in such run down places.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Associates Degree, Cheap Wizard's Wand

mamoru 11-30-2012 07:40 PM

go inside the witch's house

MsSquid 11-30-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1787253)
go inside the witch's house

Without wary, you walk into the witch's withering house. It's not much prettier on the inside than it was outside. There is old books and pieces of glass all scattered all around the floor. The place smells like a mix of sulfur and damp asparagus. If it wasn't for you being informed on Craigslist that it is indeed inhabited ahead of time, you probably would not believe any one lives here at all. "Hellooooooooo! I'm the apprentice! I met up so I could do some, uhm, apprenticing and stuff! Is anyone home!?" You call out. Surprisingly enough, there's no answer. The witch that allegedly owns this place must be out partying or something. That is what you would do if you were a witch. Party. Anyway, it seems like you have this place all to yourself. You should do a bit of exploring.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Associates Degree, Cheap Wizard's Wand

Veloze 11-30-2012 08:05 PM

>Examine surroundings

MsSquid 11-30-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1787258)
>Examine surroundings

As stated before, it is not a very pretty place. Old books and pieces of glass are scattered around the floor. There is a staircase, but the stairs are wrecked making it impossible to get to the second floor. There is a door to your left that seems to lead into a kitchen looking place, and a door in front of you that leads into a living room. Above you there is a decked out chandelier that looks significantly prettier than the rest of the house. It is almost as if it is brand new. Your primal instincts make you really want to pounce on it.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Associates Degree, Cheap Wizard's Wand

mamoru 11-30-2012 08:16 PM

attack chandelier

MsSquid 11-30-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1787261)
attack chandelier

You zap the chandelier with your magic wand. You do not bother to move out of the way and it falls on you, killing you instantly.

GAME OVER.

mamoru 11-30-2012 08:22 PM

can we keep this universe constant and play in the witch's perspective

MsSquid 11-30-2012 08:23 PM

POSTHUMOUS STATS:
Mysteries solved - 0
Plot completed - 0.5%
Items collected - 2
Friends Made - 0
Foes Vanquished - 0

Overall Ranking: E

MsSquid 11-30-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1787263)
can we keep this universe constant and play in the witch's perspective

NO

CHOOSE RACE:
>HUMAN
>ELF
>GOBLIN
>ORC
>NEKOMATA
>MOON PERSON

CHOOSE CLASS:
>WARRIOR
>WlZARD
>ARCHER
>BARD
>SCIENTIST
>MERCHANT

CHOOSE GENDER:
>MALE
>FEMALE

mamoru 11-30-2012 08:41 PM

trans male elf scientist

MsSquid 11-30-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1787269)
trans male elf scientist

The Elven Kingdom stands as an everlasting and powerful testament to the ways of the old world. There is no doubt in any creature's eyes that Elves are the most advance, most beautiful, most intelligent, and peaceful of all the races scattered throughout earth. Elves live for hundreds of thousands of years, experiencing all of the pleasures that life as demigods has to offer.

You are an Elven scientist, and despite the fact that you are still just a child by Elven standards (about 5000 years) you feel as though you are incredibly old. Elven society does not change much, as it has been dictated by the same family of High Wizards since the dawn of time. Quiet frankly, you are growing tired of it. You want to try something new, and that something you have chosen is science.

Even outside of Elven society, science is looked down as a fringe and unrealistic form of heretic's magic. It runs on finite sources of energy, its philosophy supposes a world where magic is not the basis of everything in the world, and it goes against just about every single rule of society, both spoken and unspoken.

It is like alchemy on crack.

A great man once said, "Any sufficiently arcane magic is indistinguishable from science." If that is true then there is nothing wrong with you being a scientist. It is just another form of magic after all.

You are currently in the secret laboratory that you have built under your house. You are working on creating a theoretical scientific homunculus known as an automaton. You just need a few more parts and you think you will be finished with it. The problem is, the parts would be very incriminating on your behalf if you get caught with them. You wish you knew some black market dealer who could keep his mouth shut.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Laser Gun, Elven Bow & Arrow

mamoru 11-30-2012 09:28 PM

leave house

MsSquid 11-30-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1787286)
leave house

The streets of Elfheim are beautiful, clean, and paved with gold. Large spires rise throughout the city. Any and all lesser creatures would be in awe of your glorious birth city, but you have seen it every day for the last 5000 years. Security in Elfheim is tight. Crime is non-existent and it is rare that lesser creatures are every let into the city, unless for reasons of dire importance. If you are going to find parts to finish your automaton, you will have to get permission to travel outside of the city from one of the High Wizards.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Laser Gun, Elven Bow & Arrow

mamoru 11-30-2012 09:50 PM

go to one of the high wizards

MsSquid 11-30-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1787292)
go to one of the high wizards

Hold on there, cowboy! One does not simply go to the High Wizards. They are busy people who have watch over a city filled with millions. It takes hundreds of years just for one to take note of a personal issue. Even then, they tend to ignore issues unless said issues are important enough to affect the ultimate fate of the planet. To get some recognition from the High Wizards soon, you are going to have to become important in some way. You are important at all and you know this, and you know how difficult it is to become important. Your designated life partner, Alnon, had been locked away when he decided that he wanted to act outside of his designated life vocation.

Elven society is based entirely on the stability of fate, and the predictability of its people. Unless you are born important you can not become important.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Laser Gun, Elven Bow & Arrow

mikecxz 12-01-2012 01:26 AM

go to the shady side of the city

MsSquid 12-01-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecxz (Post 1787316)
go to the shady side of the city

Elfheim can be divided into two halves: the virtuous side of the city, and the less virtuous side of the city. There is no shady side. In fact, both sides of Elfheim receive equal amounts of sunlight. Currently, you live in that less virtuous side of Elfheim. You were relocated there after Alnon's incident. The High Wizards ruled that you were at risk of becoming corrupted due to Alnon's influence over your living quarters, and moved you in an attempt to preserve your innocuousness. It obviously did not work very well since you are now hooked on science as if it was phonics.

It is no secret that you miss Alnon. He had been your friend and companion since childhood. You always looked up to him. His ideals were beyond perfect, his visage was stunning, and the only mistake that he ever made was going against the will of the High Wizards. You wish you could see him every now and then, just to talk, but his imprisonment will last for centuries longer.

A light tap on the shoulder takes you by surprise. You nearly fall over in confusion. "Oh my. Perchance, have I startled you, merchant?" It is Esprit. She is a city guard that likes to frequent your shop. Neither she, nor the rest of the current Elfheim Guard, has actually seen battle. Her bow is always in great shape. If you were much more base in your morals you would assume that she has a thing for you. But you're not, so you don't.

"Startled? Of course not. I don't startle so easily."

"Oh, but from the way you reacted it seems as though I-"

"Shush. Say no more. It was but a ruse."

"Oh, a ruse... ahahahaha..." Esprit's awkward laughter cuts through you like a knife. It is clear that she is not buying your story at all. Had any other member of the guard startled you, you would have been ridiculed. The Elfheim Guard consists of the youngest members of the Elven race. They look up to all other citizens of Elfheim as carriers of wisdom and responsibility. They are protectors, but they are also children. An adult like you getting startled by your own protector, and a child would just be incredibly embarrassing.

"Uhh, you came here for something, right?"

"Y-yes. I wanted you to look at my bow. It seems that it has been damaged."

You take Esprit's bow and exam it thoroughly. It is in perfect shape. You doubt that she has even plucked its string. "Are you sure that there is a problem with it, Esprit? It seems to be in good condition to me."

"Oh, it may certainly be in good condition. But I am no bow expert. It is more like a supplemental weapon to me. I was trained in arm to arm combat, so bows are not my priority. I have no problem with sparing a few shekels, if you make sure the bow is in fine condition."

"I see." You and Esprit have this same conversation just about every week. "Well, I'll take a look at your bow. You are welcome to wait in my shop."

"T-thank you, sir."

You let Esprit into the shop where she takes a seat. Her eyes immediately begin to dart around suspiciously, as if she is looking for something. Cautiously, you head into your appraisal room, locking the door behind you.

It is obvious that Esprit has some ulterior motives for always coming to your shop. You have heard stories about the underhanded technique that the High Wizards' use to weed out possibly corrupt citizens. If you attempt to confront Esprit directly about her behavior, it is possible that she will report you the Guard and you will get arrested. There is a passage in your laboratory that will lead you back out into the streets. You think it is in your best interests that you grab what you need and escape from Elfheim.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Laser Gun, Elven Bow & Arrow, Esprit's Bow


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.