[露丹恵瑠]
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Ontario [Yeah stalk me OHOHOHO]
Ronin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ronin
IGN: Show
Level: Your
Guild: Moves

Google, any links directing to the ROM will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-29-2008   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

JelloTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JelloTime

I am disappointed with Wizard's Jupiter Thunder and Lord of Vermilion. =[
(Single hit Jupiter Thunder what?)

My level 5 Fire bolt does more than both of them even though they are higher level. ;_;

Edit: I decided to list some mage/wizard spells and give some insight so you guys can plan what to get. =3
(Damage may vary as I was testing the spells in Ant Hill.)

Fire/Ice/Lightning Bolts: Ok-charge time, targets a single spot, great damage

Soul Strike: Fast charge, slight delay before projectiles appear, good damage, projectiles travel in a straight line

Fire Wall: Line type spell (draw a line and it appears), almost instant after drawing the line, linear AoE, ok~good damage (higher levels create longer lasting fire walls)

Frost Diver: Self charge (like bolts but you charge by holding onto your character, release by dragging the stylus in the direction you want it to go), travels in a straight line, pierces targets, may freeze, ok damage

Thunder Storm: Multiple area target (i.e. bolt like targeting, but you choose 2~3? points to have the spell be cast on), instant cast time, slight delay before bolts appear, ok damage

Safety Wall: Creates a pink wall on target spot, you and your allies are immune to damage while in the wall

Fire Pillar: Bolt like casting, pillar acts like fire wall but smaller AoE, good~great damage,

Earth Spike: Almost exactly like frost diver, doesn't freeze?

Ice Wall: Almost like fire wall however, the skill is spammable and the ice spikes hit once, good damage

Jupiter Thunder: Like soul strike without the fast charge time, single projectile, great damage

Lord of Vermilion: Bolt like casting but with AoE properties: huge range, ok damage, may blind targets

Storm Gust: Like Lord of Vermilion, slight delay after animation appears before damage occurs, good range, good damage, may freeze targets

Meteor Storm: Similar to lightning storm, each meteor hits twice, great damage, may stun targets

Last edited by JelloTime; 12-30-2008 at 01:04 AM.

12-30-2008   #63 (permalink)
?!

XooSliceooX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JelloTime
I am disappointed with Wizard's Jupiter Thunder and Lord of Vermilion. =[
(Single hit Jupiter Thunder what?)

My level 5 Fire bolt does more than both of them even though they are higher level. ;_;

Edit: I decided to list some mage/wizard spells and give some insight so you guys can plan what to get. =3
(Damage may vary as I was testing the spells in Ant Hill.)

Fire/Ice/Lightning Bolts: Ok-charge time, targets a single spot, great damage
No, just no.

Soul Strike: Fast charge, slight delay before projectiles appear, good damage, projectiles travel in a straight line
No also.

Fire Wall: Line type spell (draw a line and it appears), almost instant after drawing the line, linear AoE, ok~good damage (higher levels create longer lasting fire walls)
What the fail damage for the duration it's up for and the delay it gives. :x

Frost Diver: Self charge (like bolts but you charge by holding onto your character, release by dragging the stylus in the direction you want it to go), travels in a straight line, pierces targets, may freeze, ok damage
No. The long cast times sort of defeat the purpose for a "quick freeze" >_>

Thunder Storm: Multiple area target (i.e. bolt like targeting, but you choose 2~3? points to have the spell be cast on), instant cast time, slight delay before bolts appear, ok damage
Fail skill, weak damage

Safety Wall: Creates a pink wall on target spot, you and your allies are immune to damage while in the wall
BEST. SKILL. EVER. Infinite hit limit, it's based on duration. And it lasts for 1 min + at lv8.

Fire Pillar: Bolt like casting, pillar acts like fire wall but smaller AoE, good~great damage,
No, just no. Same like frost diver, crappy casttime

Earth Spike: Almost exactly like frost diver, doesn't freeze?
Awful. Might as well use heaven's drive.

Ice Wall: Almost like fire wall however, the skill is spammable and the ice spikes hit once, good damage
2nd best skill. No delay, max 3 enemies if spread out, and easily spammable on stylus.

Jupiter Thunder: Like soul strike without the fast charge time, single projectile, great damage
Worst nerf I've seen. >_>

Lord of Vermilion: Bolt like casting but with AoE properties: huge range, ok damage, may blind targets
AoE is okay, but long cast times = </3

Storm Gust: Like Lord of Vermilion, slight delay after animation appears before damage occurs, good range, good damage, may freeze targets
See Above

Meteor Storm: Similar to lightning storm, each meteor hits twice, great damage, may stun targets
Sort of 3rd-best skill, just tap 3 spots and it's almost instacast. I'd prefer ice wall though.
In bolded red. Lul. Tested in endless tower until the last level.
All I used was
Ice wall
Lord of Vermillion
Storm Gust
Meteor Storm
Safety Wall

Rest of the skills are a waste of time, for newbie stages and prerequisites etc. Funny how you can solo the last boss with just icewall and running around >_>
Theres also energy coat, but that's one major shitty coat as the coat drains your MP even if the opponent's attack is a miss, like in safety wall. Really fast drain too. x_x

EDIT : Also, heaven's drive. One of the skills I guess got nerfed too.
It has almost widescreen range, but hits only once. Better than earth spike. :l

The best class IMO is Blacksmith, with instacast 3000+ mammonites. Very very fast and strong. Also because Bongun card gives 25% more physical damage on accessory, so two = 50% increase. That's one crazy melee there.

IMO
Blacksmith > Wizard > Dark Knight > Shaman > The rest (Needs party of some sort to play properly)

Haven't tried Taekwon however x_x

Last edited by XooSliceooX; 12-30-2008 at 05:04 AM.

12-30-2008   #64 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

o.o
Were you playing solo in the tower?
Saftey Wall + Ice Wall = hax indeed
heck, all you need is safety wall and a good spell xD

Bolts are always a no-no if your going to solo. =x

I also heard that a priest with safety wall is unstoppable granted they have a decent damaging holy light.

Right now I'm at the point after making your guild and trying to do all the quests or something. I think I'm over-lvled though since I'm like 5x and bosses go down in less than 25 seconds. .__.;;

Last edited by JelloTime; 12-30-2008 at 06:17 PM.

12-30-2008   #65 (permalink)
?!

Yes, solo. You /unfortunately/ don't get your lackeys to follow you around in the endless tower, it's just your main character, as one person. And no pots unless you put it on a hotkey bar. I failed terribly on floor 50 (last floor). Doing 100 damage icewalls, and sometimes so low it misses. Had to come back with a blacksmith to hit for 600s, also because smiths can carry 99 of one item when some skills are maxed.I missed mammonite like 70% of the time. And no boss card too. Woohoo. \o\

Also all the story bosses are weak. They can't compare to endless towers ending bosses in any way.

Last edited by XooSliceooX; 12-30-2008 at 08:16 PM.

12-30-2008   #66 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

ice wall does damage, wait what o.o?

12-30-2008   #67 (permalink)
?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowiz
ice wall does damage, wait what o.o?
Yes. Many skills got changed. Wizard seems like the best story mode character, drop one lv8 safety wall and poke ice walls at the boss. It's stronger than any skill if you can spam it fast enough. After game take something like a blacksmith, spamming skills with +50% damage is win >>

01-02-2009   #68 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Stopped at Mirage Tower floor 40

Dark Lord > Pole
Dx

05-30-2009   #69 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Bouncer 75 | Fighter 71 lu_eir

After a long, long, long period of time, publisher XSEED has just announced that they will be localizing this game for the English market!

GG RO DS. /GG

05-30-2009   #70 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

never heard of xseed

06-08-2009   #71 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineAion
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Yuki has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yuki Send a message via AIM to Yuki Send a message via MSN to Yuki
IGN: Elysium
Class: Godmode
Level: ∞
Guild: Symphony

Finally remembered about this and got the Japanese version, patched it up so that it's in English. Now, I'm just playing it away, although =_= too much dialog at the beginning orz.

[ ggFTW HR Operations. Yuki Designs. Rep Guide. Join Symphony. Forum Rules. ]

06-08-2009   #72 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I guess my friend will get this when he hears about this.
He won't touch anything in Japanese evar.

06-09-2009   #73 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

sbhboi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sbhboi
IGN: boycina, Kaboomz

Played the game on no$gba emulator instead of NDS, big sis take it back already...haiz...

But anyway, currently in game now I'm heading to Geffen, very slow, yes, dialogues is terrible, too much !

08-28-2009   #74 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
System: Nintendo DS
No. of players: up to 3 players
Release Date: Winter 2009
Publisher: XSEED Games
Developer: GungHo
Genre: RPG, Adventure
ESRB Rating: RP
More @ Ragnarok Online DS at Nintendo :: Games

08-28-2009   #75 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

I heard it's supposed to come in mid December on gamefaqs RO DS forum.

It's fun at first but now it's kinda boring... All I need is my perf equip max sin or bs and mirage is easy. Bs is so strong lol

Story mode is easy. Bosses are easy. You can leave the game on overnight in some areas and the next morning you're like 30 levels higher (level 70 when I'm supposed to be 39 lol) through afk training.

Storyline is pretty good though. Although I'm having a hard time translating so I'm really looking forward to the English version.

09-04-2009   #76 (permalink)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

AFK training? That makes the game too easy, unless they made countermeasures (i.e. monsters level with you).

I got a hand on the Japanese version, but I haven't gotten to play it much yet. Just beat the first boss. :P

09-04-2009   #77 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
AFK training? That makes the game too easy, unless they made countermeasures (i.e. monsters level with you).

I got a hand on the Japanese version, but I haven't gotten to play it much yet. Just beat the first boss. :P
The monsters don't level with you, but the bonus level (Mirage tower) is 100 levels, and beating it is hard. Almost impossible with mages. My friend took a day to beat it with his mage LOL

It's fun though. Bonus area basically requires you to afk train or spend lots of hours lol.

09-07-2009   #78 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58
Guild: DashAttack

Actually Mirage Tower is only 50 floors, my brothers and I beat it with a party of Acolyte (me) Blacksmith and Dark Knight

Blacksmith is best dps in the game imo and Dark Knight is just w/e average class

and Acolyte sucks... I have trouble in the story line cuz I can't deal damage and my AI teammates end up dying.

You're better off getting Soma Bringer `-` this game doesn't really offer much in terms of multiplayer

12-16-2009   #79 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

TenmaPEGASUS is on a distinguished road
Class: Warrior/Knight
Level: 66 & 42

Haha! I can't wait to get this game for DS. ^_^
I played the computer version five years ago and I miss it!

12-21-2009   #80 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Looks fun, i rarely play my DS but I'll get this game :3