ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Ragnarok Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/ragnarok-online/)
-   -   Valkyrie server: Does anyone else here actually play? (http://ggftw.com/forum/ragnarok-online/40776-valkyrie-server-does-anyone-else-here-actually-play.html)

Mitchi 03-02-2009 04:01 AM

Valkyrie server: Does anyone else here actually play?

Simple question. Does anyone else here on MOG actually play on the Valkyrie server?

I do, and was wondering so that maybe I'd find other people to play with to decrease the massive fail levels brought about by constant dying from MVPs everywhere.

Fineti 03-02-2009 11:55 AM

I made a character back when it opened up. All this third job talk is making me feel like playing again, so maybe...

Mitchi 03-02-2009 03:08 PM

Just as a word of warning, if you make a new character, I recommend staying in the newbie zone until job level 10, simply because it's hell to level outside the towns now, with all the branch summoned monsters running rampant (for example: Bapho, Tanee, fallen bishop and Beelzebub ALL in the map south of Prontera...wtf)

It's ridiculous. I've actually made it my in game goal to make a guild that exists to kill wayward MVPs.

Ronin 03-02-2009 03:18 PM

I would play but the grind is so damn ridiculous on that server

Kowiz 03-02-2009 03:19 PM

wait, how are those monsters there o_o
they used bloody branches? D:?

Seim 03-02-2009 03:26 PM

dead branches koko
DEAD BRANCHES!!
RO is a big grind after lvl 35.... with low rates

Kowiz 03-02-2009 03:29 PM

dead branches aren't suppose to summon mvps though

Theosis 03-02-2009 04:06 PM

I got to level 30 and then stopped, no time to grind hardcore. After playing the game for 4-5 years on the official server, the rates don't seem that bad, but just don't have the time any more to spend hours of hardcore grinding.

Kowiz 03-02-2009 04:11 PM

the p2p servers have x1.25 and the valk server has x1
instead of the x1 / x.75

Mitchi 03-02-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowiz (Post 740597)
wait, how are those monsters there o_o
they used bloody branches? D:?

Yeah. In about 60% of maps i've been to, there were MVPs, with a ton of then in low level maps. I saw a group that managed to take out Beelzebub South of Prontera, but that still leaves Tanee and Fallen Bishop. Haven't seen Bapho in a couple days though.

But that still leaves Orc lord and Beelz East of Pront and Ghost incarnation of Morroc to the west.

And the only thing that really make the grind bad are expensive fly wings, and a 3% exp penalty on death. that and limited warps.

Oh, and Payon dungeon 1 had Snake lord and Gloom under Night, as well as a Detale, but those are gone, along with the sword guardian that plagued the culverts.

I can't even level up my aco for the lack of actual players to help me. Been on my thief for the past few days. A thief I made because me and another aco couldn't go into the payon caves. On a whim, he was like "Hey, let's make new characters :D" so I made a thief while he made a merch.

Imperidal 03-02-2009 10:58 PM

OMG, i miss RO.

lol, xD

GKorea 03-07-2009 03:41 AM

valk is ruined from the lucky box event

Class A 1x Ghostring Card
Class A 1x Adventurer`s pack
Class A 1x Mystical Card Album
Class A 50x Yggdrasilberry

Sodacan 03-07-2009 07:22 AM

I played for a few days but I gave up. The MVPs and high levels monsters everywhere made leveling impossible, especially for a fragile thief. :[

Mitchi 03-07-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodacan (Post 747233)
I played for a few days but I gave up. The MVPs and high levels monsters everywhere made leveling impossible, especially for a fragile thief. :[

Tell me about it. Beelzebubs all over the place (which from what i've heard from a friend are pretty freaking hard to kill), and DBers in all the maps I go to (except where the exp quests are).

Don't give up ;_; Just send a pm my way and I'll help you out ;-;

Firzin 03-15-2009 05:51 PM

I just started today, but I have no idea on where to go or what to do >_>. And I hate the map system in this game, it doesn't say anything about where the portal leads to unless you go through it and it doesn't where portals or on the map unless you zoom all the way in. Anybody know where a 13/1 aco can train?

Mitchi 03-16-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firzin (Post 757588)
I just started today, but I have no idea on where to go or what to do >_>. And I hate the map system in this game, it doesn't say anything about where the portal leads to unless you go through it and it doesn't where portals or on the map unless you zoom all the way in. Anybody know where a 13/1 aco can train?

It takes a bit of exploring to get oriented...I might be the only one, but that was what made RO fun for me the first time I played was getting hopelessly lost.

Acos are best suited to a party, namely in the culverts or killing rockers. If I'm ever on, just give me a holler and I'll help you out. I'm usually on my sin, so try the first name first:

IGNs:

Beryl Araceli
Breeze Gekkani

If I can't help you out myself, I can probably get one of my lower leveled friends to help ya. Or I might just make a newbie just to help you level (I've been wanting t make an archer for a while now).

Firzin 03-16-2009 02:50 PM

Uhh does anyone happen to be on right now? I'm stuck in morroc and I'm completely broke >.> I died in the culverts and I forgot to save at prontera. /beg for teleport fee T.T

Mitchi 03-16-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firzin (Post 758466)
Uhh does anyone happen to be on right now? I'm stuck in morroc and I'm completely broke >.> I died in the culverts and I forgot to save at prontera. /beg for teleport fee T.T

I'm on right now, but I'm on as my newbie. I can meet you in morroc in a sec, I'll be on as Beryl.

Edit:

I'm right next to the kafra on the south half of morroc.

GKorea 03-24-2009 12:44 AM

have 66/50 mage but not worth playing the server lol

Feco 04-03-2009 12:58 PM

may i ask what this Valkyrie server is?it sounds interesting and im looking for a chance to come back to RO for a while now so could someone explain what exactly this is?