Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Ragnarok Online

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-03-2009   #21 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

It's iRO's free server. Gameplay is generally the same but there are some restrictions. Some items cost more(fly wings), some can't be bought in NPC shops(blue gems), and some cards aren't available at all(Creamy, Vitata, and some others).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-03-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Feco is on a distinguished road
IGN: Feco/Schrot
Class: moo to_mercenary
Level: 2xx
Guild: Red Dragon

how many players does this server has yet?
and what language are speaking most of the people there?(euRO only had german players which really sucks :/)

04-17-2009   #23 (permalink)
Lucidist
Special

MuCephei has a spectacular aura aboutMuCephei has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to MuCephei
IGN: Klotho
Class: GM to_explorer
Level: 150
Guild: Cruxis | Centurio

I would have tried it but I can't create a character with any desirable, non-existing name. @_@ And I don't want to be one of those xX/01 names.. >.>..

04-20-2009   #24 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feco
how many players does this server has yet?
and what language are speaking most of the people there?(euRO only had german players which really sucks :/)
English mostly. There's a few Spanish speakers here and there, and you'll run into a lot of filipinos, but they all speak English anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuCephei
I would have tried it but I can't create a character with any desirable, non-existing name. @_@ And I don't want to be one of those xX/01 names.. >.>..
I currently have 5 characters with names that have no numbers or XXx's. But then again, I almost always use a firstname Lastname naming scheme (except for my merchant, Curiosity).

04-27-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Adamant will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Adamant Send a message via MSN to Adamant
IGN: AdamantZ
Class: Knight
Level: 75
Guild: DashAttack

I've thought about getting into RO again. The last time i really played was on a private server with like 100x EXP or something. 99 trans was such a joke.

I've wanted to play on the official servers and i'm glad Valkyrie is out cause it's free =x The only thing is that i left the newbie zone too early and now i'm 8/7 (or 8/6. I don't remember). I suck at killing things outside of the newbie zone cause i'm trying to be a Mage. <_< I miss Storm Gust

11-27-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Ligerjack has a spectacular aura aboutLigerjack has a spectacular aura about

Hate to resurrect such an old thread but thought I'd put my two cents in as a looooong term player of the official servers.

How can I describe Valkyrie accurately? Lets see....y'know those dumps you have to take after you've eaten too much corn and other fibrous foods? Well, one day the developers at Gravity looked down in the toilet and the inspiration hit them for this garbage server.

Being free is probably the only perk. A free server usually translates to a huge population of bots, and its obviously true there. On the training grounds, I'd venture a guess that there was a ratio of about 40 to 50 bots per 1 real player. The steady stream of rogue bots from Geffen and acolyte bots from Prontera is thoroughly amazing, and the incredible amount of zeny seller spam hurts your eyes.

Adding insult to injury on this turd of a server, XP is nerfed. Which is a total joke because there's not much in the way of XP in RO in the first place. Many towns do not have basic town warps, the warps they do have are out of any newbie's money range, and just when you thought newbie life wasn't difficult enough, the Jerky Boy GM's and/or players randomly spawn high level monsters in the lower level field areas. I guess they think they're deterring the bot population somehow. Yeah, thats the intelligence level we've come to expect there.

I know many here harp on nTreev's cash shop habits. But to have a server where its pretty much MANDATORY to have cash shop gear to survive not PvP mind you but simple PvM, is absolutely ludicrous. The sad part is people want to move from the "premium" servers to this piece of crap, and they try to justify it by saying they don't want to pay-to-play. Yes folks, another fine example of this "new math". Ok, how does paying - say - $30 to $50 per month on cash shop stuff just to level at a normal pace versus paying $50 for a six month sub make sense? If this does, all I can say is I will pray for you that they find a cure for you someday.

Its sad really. Gravity is eating their young and the players are more than willing to walk into the belly of the beast. They have a horrible business model that preys on the stupidity of its community and unfortunately, its working.

Edit: Oh, and something I just found out today - once again, instead of taking care of their botting problem, Gravity sees fit to instead punish its players. They took out the item-gathering-for-XP quests due to "botting abuse". Now a well-liked, simple, and fun way to help your character level is gone. So once again, botters win.

Last edited by Ligerjack; 11-28-2009 at 05:17 PM.