ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Should We Kill Profile Customizations?
Yes, I like them but I'm for cool new features. 29 58.00%
No! I want to customize my profile regardless of whether or not it kills innovation! 16 32.00%
I can customize my profile? ლ('o'ლ) 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-22-2010   #21 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I more for than against.
I'm curious to what will result from this and can't help but hope customization will come in a different form.

--—Frenchbread is

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-22-2010   #22 (permalink)
Addicted to BoA
Games
MapleStoryRagnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends

DarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really nice

I don't even customize my profile (I is too nabby lolz), so I'm voting for change.
The idea you mentioned above seems more interesting in my opinion.

Last edited by DarkAmbience; 09-22-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Misspelled "interesting", lulz

09-22-2010   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineVindictusLa TalePangya
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Bonnie will become famous soon enoughBonnie will become famous soon enough

I'll miss customizing my profile if it does go. But whatever they'll be, new features for use profiles sounds awesome. It's worth dropping profile customizations for imo.

09-22-2010   #24 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

While I like the profile customizations, I'd rather see new features that can actually benefit the site as a whole, then just the people who like to design profiles. Therefore, I vote for the ditching of profile customizations for new additions to the profile.

09-22-2010   #25 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnao
Yeah, sorry Noe but I'm gonna go with what SOC said. I don't mind change but change to what? And also, I enjoy profile customization. >_< So I vote keep it the way it is.
This.
Those features you mentioned don't even sound useful in the slightest to me. You can just list the game's you're currently playing in your sig and xfire already does the game online/offline thing.

and I happen to like my custom profiles.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

09-22-2010   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

Either decision doesn't really bother me, never really cared for my profile customization.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

09-22-2010   #27 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
This.
Those features you mentioned don't even sound useful in the slightest to me. You can just list the game's you're currently playing in your sig and xfire already does the game online/offline thing.

and I happen to like my custom profiles.
>Some people disable sigs. because they can lag their computer occasionally.
>Not everyone uses Xfire.

Ask yourselves this:
Aside from Profile of the Month, what do we get out of profile customization?

09-22-2010   #28 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
Ask yourselves this:
To those that use it, a sense of uniqueness from everyone else.
Refer to my post about about the profile helping to establish a form of "Identity"

There are people here who do treasure the ability to customize things and call it their own.
Even if you consider it useless, no one says the change will be any more beneficial to everyone.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

09-22-2010   #29 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Quote:

Ask yourselves this:
Its more of an individuality thing I guess.. dunno.
I don't use xfire so itd be cool to keep track of my hours played 8D besides, I think there will probably another form of customization to come :x

09-22-2010   #30 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, there's also the option of asking the person him or herself what games they play via PM or Visitor messages. lol

As for the profile question, I don't really know what else to say except for what Light and Kebin says. :v Sense of uniqueness that sets yourself apart from the others and also just another neat thing that we all can do on the forums.

I remember getting a new friend on here because I visited her profile and saw that she had customized it so nicely. We started talking about stuff that we shared in common and yeah, it was nice. New friend get~ Though I'm full aware that this isn't the case with everyone else.

Overall though, I'm fine with whatever now. It's no big deal.

09-23-2010   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

ggftw is mutating from Myspace to Facebook, including use of #FFFFFF. This part of the mutation I can agree with.

09-23-2010   #32 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I look at the profile as the users "Identity" because everyone has a different style going on.
Mine personally draws back good nostalgic memories for me.

I've no idea what plans you've got in mind, and because change isn't always for the better, I'm going to have to agree with SOC and Shnao.
This is a major change, and if removing more identity of someone will be the sacrifice, I'm really torn away from my usual "Yeah, this will be great" conclusion.
^ This

But then again...
Quote:
While I like the profile customizations, I'd rather see new features that can actually benefit the site as a whole, then just the people who like to design profiles. Therefore, I vote for the ditching of profile customizations for new additions to the profile.
Lets just hope the new feature will be worth it.

09-23-2010   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Veteran

GV8J6SDK29ASJH0D has disabled reputation

I have to agree with Dani, Light and Shnao. The new feature does not sound interesting for me, and being able to customize our profile is something I really enjoy, like Light said, it's unique, everyone designs their profile as they please and feel at home as they check their profile, some people who sign(ed) up here don't even play PC games (anymore, like me) and just lurk around on profiles to talk with each other, getting rid of this will not motivate those people. Yes, I'm very aware that this is a gaming site but please, don't get rid of such cool features lots of people enjoy playing around with just to add some online/offline status for games. Or at least give us a list of what we really get instead in replacement of our profile customization, maybe an option as they sign up or maybe in the Control Panel: "Do you want to disable your profile customization in trade of ----- and ----- features?" But I'm assuming this is not possible.

But I see most of the people voted for "yes" so I can kiss my profile design bye-bye.

And like I said before, this is just my opinion, and with this post I don't mean "OMG THEY MUST STAY AT ANY COST!!" No, I'm just donating my thoughts about this. If you still decide to remove them, cool, we'll get used to it and I'll hope that we will get cool features instead.

Good luck with the updates.

09-23-2010   #34 (permalink)
Willkommen im Märchenland
Games
Trickster OnlineBusiness Tycoon OnlineMetal Assault
Awards Facebook Fan

Drakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Drakii Send a message via MSN to Drakii
IGN: Drakii
Class: DP Diva! to_primadonna
Level: 380
Guild: Syndicate°

I, for one, have never made use of the Profile Customisation option, nor have I seen the necessity for it, so I wouldn't mind if it was dropped for something new.

On a side note:
While some people have made pieces of art out of their profiles, there sadly are some others, who used the profile customisation to make it as painful as possible to look at their profiles. Dropping those would definitely be good riddance.

Die Wahrheit ist so schlicht und schön: Es kann nur in eine Richtung gehen. Es gibt nur einen Weg zu dir, er führt tiefer hinab!

09-23-2010   #35 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works

I really like customizing my own profile, and like seeing other people's work on it, and... basically, SOC, Light, Dani, Taka and everyone else who are against this already said what I have in mind, (Except I wouldn't call it identity personally, but it felt like "Wow my profile doesn't look as welcoming but bland now. D:") so I don't think there's a reason to repeat what they said any further. Personally I prefer the things the way they are, which is just Simple and Clean, you know? D: And repeated again, I too wish to know what are these changes before implementing it.

This is just a board and all, there's no need for so much fancy features, in my humble opinion. Not everyone here plays games 24/7, and I believe that tearing down profile design would be a big let-down for people who like looking at other people's profiles or like making their own. I like Innovation, but scrapping out this idea is not a good choice, IMO. D:

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

09-23-2010   #36 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Oh also, the profile helps the gg member to interact with each other too.

I mean...I am sure most people have been to other's profile and comment "I like your profile" "Your profile is awesome!" "How do I change this/that". It allows the members to interact, and get to know each other through the idea of liking their profile design etc.

09-23-2010   #37 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Well, I sure like having my profile different than others, but if there was a way to keep it while giving new features, I'd totally go for that.

If not, I might as well learn to live with a plain profile like everyone else :<